• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xenoblade Chronicles/X/2 Discussion

Rakurai

With over 200 hours clocked now, the only thing I really have left to do is take out the superbosses to clear the last few segments.

I've vowed to not use the Ares 90. for anything other then farming due to how boring and broken it is compared to the standard level 60 skells, so it's going to take a while longer, but it'll certainly be more satisfying in the end.

Recon

Got my flight modules for the skells. Promptly decided to work on getting a bunch of data probes planted.

Finished most of Primordia, Noctilum, and Oblivia. Went to Sylvalum, finished most of the right side and proceeded to the northwest.

On my way I promptly got rekt by the lvl 90 superboss. Fun.

Rakurai

I've been using my lone Formula Zero to blow up the superbosses with as little grinding as possible, and now the Telethia is the sole one remaining. I still need to deal with all of the on-foot bosses, though, because getting properly equipped for those is much more time consuming.

On my way I promptly got rekt by the lvl 90 superboss. Fun.

That one's not actually the superboss. There's an even more powerful one that appears after you beat the game. I still dismantled it fairly easily using my Formula Zero, because Overdrive drone spam and evasion stacking is a wee bit OP.

KillerDraco

Just beat Chapter 12, and...

Wow, I knew this game's story was bad in terms of pacing and being unnecessarily convoluted, but that may have been the worst ending I've seen in a while. So much left unexplained and unresolved just for the sake of an obvious plug for a sequel. For the entirety of the game they keep alluding to something being mysterious/special about planet Mira but up the very last moment they just vaguely reference it without explanation. The ending also makes the entire quest to find the Lifehold Core feel empty and meaningless. This has to be one of the most dissatisfying endings I've had in a long time.

In any event, just gotta grind up to level 60, and then route all the 60+ Tyrants. There's still quite a bit of affinity grinding left to do too; I've barely touched any of the DLC characters, in addition to Murderess. Even if I may have been dissatisfied with the story, at least there's still plenty to do outside of that.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Just beat Chapter 12, and...
Oh hey, I beat it last night as well!

So many last-second ***-pulls. It was pretty disappointing and plotholey imo. =( Lao showing up and everything that followed was particularly... dumb, including him stopping mid-fight to explain more of the plot. Show don't tell, dangit!
Thank goodness there's still a lot to enjoy story-wise from the story quests, and boy do I have a lot to do in that department. But much worse than the previous game with the main story.

KillerDraco

But much worse than the previous game with the main story.

I'd concur with that. I've often found myself judging X more harshly due to comparisons with its predecessor. Of course, I went into Xenoblade Chronicles with no expectations and I was blown away, while I went into X with high expectations and found them missing the mark slightly. There are a lot of little things about this game that just... irk me. The story is an obvious one, but the lack of shared EXP for inactive party members (which is a baffling decision given how many party members there are), the inability to abandon affinity quests when you can't accept any others or advance the story when on one (which is problematic when some of them have HUGE difficulty spikes), and the fact that the game kind of reveals its entire hand outright in terms of the world.

On that last point, what I mean is that while the world is without a doubt huge, and the fact that it's seamless is a definite plus, it pretty much shows you on the map outright that there are five areas. There's no real surprises or unexpected areas; you see those five areas and know that's basically it. I mean, compared to the predecessor, I liked being genuinely surprised by things like being able to go to the Fallen Arm.

That's not to say that I dislike the game, but it's hard to not compare it to its predecessor when they share the same name with the addition of a single character (X) on the spiritual sequel.

Rakurai

Welp, not even Mr. Ruler of Fates himself was a match for my my custom Formula Zero.

All I have left for 100% survey rate are heart-to-hearts and a single random easy mode tyrant now.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I could use some help with Chapter 3. Once I reach the boss fight, I end up losing before I can even kill 2 of the baddies.

To add to that, there are extremely high leveled enemies on the way up to the fight.

Rakurai

Make sure you're telling your allies to focus on a single target with R + up on the directional pad. Having armor with beam resistance is also helpful, since that's the element of the boss' strongest attack (Which he always opens with and uses periodically afterward).

As something of a general rule of thumb, if you're running into enemies that are way too powerful to deal with during a story quest, you're probably not going the right way. There are quite a few sidequests that force you to be sneaky, though.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'd concur with that. I've often found myself judging X more harshly due to comparisons with its predecessor. Of course, I went into Xenoblade Chronicles with no expectations and I was blown away, while I went into X with high expectations and found them missing the mark slightly. There are a lot of little things about this game that just... irk me. The story is an obvious one, but the lack of shared EXP for inactive party members (which is a baffling decision given how many party members there are), the inability to abandon affinity quests when you can't accept any others or advance the story when on one (which is problematic when some of them have HUGE difficulty spikes), and the fact that the game kind of reveals its entire hand outright in terms of the world.

On that last point, what I mean is that while the world is without a doubt huge, and the fact that it's seamless is a definite plus, it pretty much shows you on the map outright that there are five areas. There's no real surprises or unexpected areas; you see those five areas and know that's basically it. I mean, compared to the predecessor, I liked being genuinely surprised by things like being able to go to the Fallen Arm.

That's not to say that I dislike the game, but it's hard to not compare it to its predecessor when they share the same name with the addition of a single character (X) on the spiritual sequel.
I agree on those. The world of Mira has its pros and cons. Filling in the map as you explored it would have been neat because then you'd find out about the other continents for yourself. Also characters needing to be found to recruit every single time sucks, especially when you find out they're not where they are meant to be due to a H2H *somewhere* in NLA...

Shared exp would have been useful, and not being stuck in affinity missions also would be useful, although I haven't been caught out by it much yet (....but then I had read reports about it being annoying and so was aware to beware. :V)

Still a really fun game, but lacking polish in a couple areas.

I could use some help with Chapter 3. Once I reach the boss fight, I end up losing before I can even kill 2 of the baddies.

To add to that, there are extremely high leveled enemies on the way up to the fight.
The very high levelled ones are meant to be avoided so no worries there. You could just go away and grind on the regular enemies up to that point (or just explore which'll invariably get you exp if you fight anything and find new areas). Don't forget to check the menu as well - Party and Arts, Skills and Classes (also Ground Gear I suppose). You can level up Arts and Skills, and don't forget to change classes if you've maxxed out one (but maybe not idea just before a boss fight because that changes held weapons and hence arts, try afterward).

You can also direct your teammates to attack the same one you've targetted (you can lock on by clicking in the R stick - including onto an appendage) and iirc the quick command for everyone on the same enemy is R trigger and up on the dpad.

Rakurai

Finally got around getting 100% survey rate.

Now I'm trying to sort out achievements (Collecting all of the holofigures is even harder then getting 100% survey rate) and become as OP as possible for laughs.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I got the last AM I was missing (everything else was at level 50), and now working on the missions for level 5 field skills. After than a mixture of regular and affinity missions and then I'll worry about fully exploring everywhere.

Recon

Well I got my Ares 90, loving it so far. Next goal is probably gonna be crafting everything in the infamous Ether Blossom Dance build, which requires me to get lvl 10 in a few classes. Joy.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I got the game as Christmas present, and I'm loving it. The graphics are really beautiful and soundtrack has been as expected. I'm currently at Chapter 4, althought I haven't started it yet, because I wanted to explore around a bit and level up. I'm currently at level 19.
The game has been great to this point, even thought the plot has been a bit lacking, but still. One thing really irks me thought. It's the font size. As person with weak eyesight it gets really hard sometimes to read the text, especially if playing on my TV screen.
Also I was wondering which divison everyone else picked. I picked Interceptors,as I tend to grind a lot.

Recon

I got the game as Christmas present, and I'm loving it. The graphics are really beautiful and soundtrack has been as expected. I'm currently at Chapter 4, althought I haven't started it yet, because I wanted to explore around a bit and level up. I'm currently at level 19.
The game has been great to this point, even thought the plot has been a bit lacking, but still. One thing really irks me thought. It's the font size. As person with weak eyesight it gets really hard sometimes to read the text, especially if playing on my TV screen.
Also I was wondering which divison everyone else picked. I picked Interceptors,as I tend to grind a lot.

Was part of the reclaimers, once I hit Blade Level 10, switched to Prospectors so I could get the best division rewards.

Rakurai

They apparently realized that Prospectors were getting way too much points compared to the other divisions and increased the point gains for everyone else.

They also reset the point totals for all divisions to reduce the bandwagoning.

Recon

They apparently realized that Prospectors were getting way too much points compared to the other divisions and increased the point gains for everyone else.

Really? Where is that said?

I'm still getting my salvage tickets every day so the effect was minimal.

KillerDraco

Took them a little too long to realize Prospectors getting 2x-3x more points that the next highest Division on a daily basis was a problem.

Especially considering when it comes to Miranium collection they literally don't have to do anything. The game can just stay on since it automatically returns over time.

Zapi

Hex Maniac
I'm so glad there's a thread here for these games! Xenoblade Chronicles is probably my favorite game of all time. I'm enjoying X a lot too, though not nearly as much, and I'm disappointed to hear that the story doesn't get much better (I'm only on Chapter 5 myself... taking things very slow).

I picked Curators as my division. Seemed like it was the most interesting/relevant to me. I've been doing a lot more exploring than anything else in this game so far so it works, I think.

Well, I'm glad they're trying to fix the problem, at least...

Zachmac

I can't believe they didn't see the bandwagoning coming. Of course everyone was going to swap over to the most successful division.