• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xenoblade Chronicles/X/2 Discussion

Zachmac

Is there any news of the Direct in the US/Europe?
If not, I'm gonna be kind of disappointed. I like getting the news strait from the Direct, even if I don't get it live. It makes it more exciting.

Though I'm still hyped for the news anyway.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Doubt it as I think it's going to be in Japanese and Japan only. Maybe we'd get it closer to our own release date/s, but they're first in line so we'll just have to make out what we can from the visuals and translations.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
The 300 hours was the main director Tetsuya Takahashi's final play time. There is no way a normal playthrough would take this long, and it wasn't meant to be taken that way.
Very true, there's no way the developers would make a normal playthrough a minimum of 300 hours. Completing all side quests and whatever else is obviously included in that play time. However it does show us that this game will give us lot's of stuff to do, especially when we already know that the world is x5 the size of Xenoblade Chronicles(and that game in it's self was huge.)

Seachran

Very true, there's no way the developers would make a normal playthrough a minimum of 300 hours. Completing all side quests and whatever else is obviously included in that play time.

Of course since he was playing as a developer, a large amount of time was obviously spent testing.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Online Co-op confirmed.

- Single Player RPG
- 4 Players Online Quests
- 32 Players Indirect Online (For Information exchange and item trading)

From the Japanese eShop page.

Rakurai

I hope the online quests are tough enough to warrant getting four players together.

In any case, the presentation made my hype level for the game go through the roof. I hope they'll have another one about the class system and combat in the future.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The customization features for the Avatar character get right down to the specifics.

lzMvaNB.jpg

Got your standard body type, gender, and skin colors, but you can also customize freckles, cheek pronouncement, eye color, and even lip color and eye shadow. No two Avatars are really going to look alike.

Grey Wind

This game looks amazing. Never really payed attention to Xenoblade but the size of the world and the gorgeous graphic have me sold. The avatar builder looks awesome too, I love in depth customisation.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
That's pretty darn detailed with the avatar customisations. I mean, eye shadow colour? Outside of maybe cutscenes I wouldn't notice that, haha.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The voices are likely there for just screams, grunts, and pained cries, typical battle-related stuff. Probably why they can afford to have 20 different VAs for this - there isn't a lot any individual VA is going to be saying, so they're going for the quantity over quality approach.

Rakurai

I really hope they have dual audio after seeing that they have some big names among the male voice options.

On that subject, it kind of makes me wonder how they intend to handle the English dubbing of the game this time around. They used EU voice actors for Xenoblade due to not having plans for a US release initially, but since Xenoblade X is confirmed for international, I wonder if they'll go with US voice actors instead.

Zachmac

On that subject, it kind of makes me wonder how they intend to handle the English dubbing of the game this time around. They used EU voice actors for Xenoblade due to not having plans for a US release initially, but since Xenoblade X is confirmed for international, I wonder if they'll go with US voice actors instead.
Well, I'd hope they go with US actors. The game takes place in "New LA", and the city wall says "United States" on the side.

It'd be really strange if everyone there spoke with British accents.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I never heard of the Xenoblade game until Shulk appeared in Smash 4.

So, now, I'm considering getting a New 3DS for Xmas so I can play the 3DS version of the original game, as well as getting Xenoblade X. This is similar to how the original Smash Bros. got me into Pokemon at age 9.

Tangeh

I never heard of the Xenoblade game until Shulk appeared in Smash 4.

So, now, I'm considering getting a New 3DS for Xmas so I can play the 3DS version of the original game, as well as getting Xenoblade X. This is similar to how the original Smash Bros. got me into Pokemon at age 9.

Same here! (not getting a N3DS unless I'm really persuaded otherwise, but the Wii U game is definitely something I'm excited for despite having never played the series). The original SSB also got me into Zelda - my best childhood friend always picked Link and that's what sparked my interest in the series. (Oh, I knew pokemon beforehand though xD Pikachu is still my main to this day.) And knowing of Fire Emblem helped persuade me to pick up Awakening when it came out, despite knowing nothing of the series otherwise. You can see why Konami was so persistent about getting Snake into a SSB game, haha.