• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xiaolin Chronicles

Aegon

The previous thread for this has been quite inactive, so I thought I'd make a fresh one for discussion of the recent new details.

An official website has been launched, which displays artwork of the Xiaolin and Heylin warriors (they're all back!). There's a new temple, too. The site also claims that a new monk will be joining the Xiaolin side, and it's also apparent that there's a new adversary. Chronicles' Facebook page features an image that uses the subtitle "Shoku Showdown" (Raimundo became a Shoku Warrior at the end of Xiaolin Showdown), but that doesn't seem to be used elsewhere.

I don't mind the new art style too much, though I do prefer the previous one. Their new robes are slightly strange. I'm very excited for this; I just hope it stays faithful to the first series.

e: The new enemy is called Shadow, and the new warrior is... Ping Pong. His element hasn't been revealed, though it seems like it could be Wood. o_O

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

YES. YES. YES.

Xiolin Showdown was one of my favourite shows as a kid, I was disappointed when it ended, but now this!? YES. CANNOT WAIT.

Gee, I wonder why they've decided to make a sequel series to an old childhood cartoon that is in Japanese style. It can't be because avatar did it, no way

Haunter ゴースト

Gee, I wonder why they've decided to make a sequel series to an old childhood cartoon that is in Japanese style. It can't be because avatar did it, no way

The same reason The Smurfs and Top Cat were turned into Movies and released this year theatrically, to gain more money and popularity.

It doesn't matter how old a show is when it comes to sequels, reboots etc. I'm just please the show is finally going to continue. The finale to the first series was good, but left so many things unexplored.

Aegon

Oi, Showdown aired two years before Avatar.

It doesn't matter how old a show is when it comes to sequels, reboots etc. I'm just please the show is finally going to continue. The finale to the first series was good, but left so many things unexplored.
Yeah, about that. Is Raimundo still the leader of the group? He's not wearing the Shoku robes in the Chronicles art. I'm also wondering how the warriors' advanced skills will be handled with the introduction of a new monk. It'd be difficult to have him lagging along all the time. Some people fear that elements of Season 3 may be retconned.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Ping Pong? Really? -_- They couldn't have chosen something less... stupid? On the other hand, Shadow looks good. Female villains are great. BD

I haven't seen Xiaolin Showdown in years. BD *Nostalga*

Last edited:

PoKe_aRcHeR2010

Shady 2.0
Where's it gonna be aired? D:

I loved showdown so I guess this should be a trip down memory lane

Haunter ゴースト

Yeah, about that. Is Raimundo still the leader of the group? He's not wearing the Shoku robes in the Chronicles art. I'm also wondering how the warriors' advanced skills will be handled with the introduction of a new monk. It'd be difficult to have him lagging along all the time. Some people fear that elements of Season 3 may be retconned.

Yeah, i'm a little concerned too after doing a little research.

All of the Shen Gong Wu are going to be renamed because the place it's being animated doesn't have the rights to Warner Bros (the original place it was made) names. Ontop of that, the voice actors are all being replaced because since the show is being made in Canada, law states that only citizens can work. Only Omi's original voice actor is returning. I hope they don't get horrible sound replacements.

I hope nothing is retconned although things do seem unusual.

Say, has anything confirmed this is definetly a SEQUEL Season, and not a reboot?

EDIT: Because i'll be really really really disappointed and unhappy if it's a reboot.

Last edited:

BCVM22

Because i'll be really really really disappointed and unhappy if it's a reboot.

You can't be serious. The show is one of a million middling kid's shows that gets revived from the ether, and you're going to sit there and complain about whether it's a reboot or a sequel? And that doesn't strike you as at all overentitled, picky and ungrateful?

Aegon

You can't be serious. The show is one of a million middling kid's shows that gets revived from the ether, and you're going to sit there and complain about whether it's a reboot or a sequel? And that doesn't strike you as at all overentitled, picky and ungrateful?
Not really. I'd be pretty upset if this were a reboot. I'd love to see these characters' stories continue. I don't see how you could rightly use those adjectives to describe that feeling towards the series.

BCVM22

I don't see how you could rightly use those adjectives to describe that feeling towards the series.

Then you're not looking at it objectively. Again, out of the million indistinguishable children's shows that end and are never seen or heard from again, yours is the one that gets revived out of nowhere. And you feel like complaining based on what sort of story it may or may not be.

Think on it for a bit.

Aegon

Then you're not looking at it objectively. Again, out of the million indistinguishable children's shows that end and are never seen or heard from again, yours is the one that gets revived out of nowhere. And you feel like complaining based on what sort of story it may or may not be.
Yeah. I'd much prefer a sequel. What's wrong with feeling unhappy about a reboot series when I'd appreciate a continued storyline more?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I bet you that Ping pong is an Asian girl.

Anyway I did enjoy Xiaolin Showdown when it first aired but after seeing that Xiaolin Chronicles will be using CGI during the Xiaolin Showdown I think that I will pass on it.

I see what you did there. ;p

Haunter ゴースト

Wow. This is incredible. Are you actually being serious?

I'm clearly talking about how i'd prefer it to be a sequel series over a reboot. What you're arguing for is completely irrelevant to what myself and others are discussing in the thread, what you're making out is that i'm being ungrateful? Picture this scenario for a minute.

Let's say, your favourite show which ended years ago is being brought back and rebooted. But the reboot fails miserably, drops views massively and ultimately corrupts the fanbase, cancels the show and you're left disappointed and annoyed at how your favourite show which was brought back, has been ruined.

I've never been a fan of many reboots, and i'm clearly just stating my opinion on how I'd prefer a sequel series. I'd rather not be annoyed and disappointed by a reboot.

p.s you're acting like Xiolin Showdown being brought back was one in a million. In it's day it was an incredibly popular show and still maintained a large cult following up until today. It's not a huge surprise in terms of marketing that it's been brought back.

BCVM22

What's wrong with feeling unhappy about a reboot series when I'd appreciate a continued storyline more?

It's overentitlement, is all. You got what you asked for but complain it's not what you asked for.

But the reboot fails miserably, drops views massively and ultimately corrupts the fanbase, cancels the show and you're left disappointed and annoyed at how your favourite show which was brought back, has been ruined.

You're claiming this to be the scenario and the reality based on what? Come on now. You've crossed from overentitled into overreacting.

p.s you're acting like Xiolin Showdown being brought back was one in a million. In it's day it was an incredibly popular show and still maintained a large cult following up until today. It's not a huge surprise it's been brought back.

Please. It was an enduring and entertaining enough show all in all, certainly. I enjoyed it too, don't misunderstand me. But let's not dive into falsehoods and pretend it was more than that.

Last edited:
Oi, Showdown aired two years before Avatar.
Yeah but the idea to do a sequel series was probably inspired by the legend of korra.

Anyway I read some stuff about it guys, these are being made by completely different people and it will have different voice actors (besides Oni) and they'll change the name of some of the shen gong wuu due to copyright with Warner Brothers. This gives me a bad feeling about this

edit: I should really read other peoples posts before posting mine.

Last edited:

Aegon

what you asked for
Is a continuation of the story.

but complain it's not what you asked for.
We're just discussing the possibility of a reboot and how we'd prefer a sequel series.

Anyway I read some stuff about it guys, these are being made by completely different people and it will have different voice actors (besides Oni) and they'll change the name of some of the shen gong wuu due to copyright with Warner Brothers. This gives me a bad feeling about this
Christy Hui's still involved, at the very least.

Haunter ゴースト

You're claiming this to be the scenario and the reality based on what? Come on now. You've crossed from overentitled into overreacting.

You're right it's not the scenario but it describes my thought process as to why I claimed I don't want a reboot. Especially because i've never been a fan of reboots judging from past TV Shows and Games.

Ugh Beyblade Metal Fusion/ The Legend of Spyro

I don't get how i'm being so ungrateful though. Every single entertainment industry has to deal with discussion and critism. My discussion is how I'd prefer a sequel series over a reboot.

Please. It was an enduring and entertaining enough show all in all, certainly. I enjoyed it too, don't misunderstand me. But let's not dive into falsehoods and pretend it was more than that.

I'm not pretending anything, it's the truth. I'm not saying it was massive, but it was popular enough. Even more so because it's proven to be worthy of a return almost 6/7 years later than it's original run.

Yeah but the idea to do a sequel series was probably inspired by the legend of korra.

Let's just think about this for a minute.

Cartoon Network.... + Nickolodeon...

Yeah, i don't really see how a sequel series to a cartoon in anime style is automatically related to other popular anime shows.

Other shows have done it before. Remember this?

Ace of Shades

I loved this show as a child i don't remember much but i want to watch this. Also does anyone else think the Ping-Pong guy looks like Omi?

Aegon

I loved this show as a child i don't remember much but i want to watch this. Also does anyone else think the Ping-Pong guy looks like Omi?
I did a little bit of URL fiddling and...

good-pingpong-920.png

You don't say. xD I don't know how to react to this.