• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xiaolin Chronicles

Man there have been a lot of reboots of early 2000s shows lately. First Teen Titans, next Code Lyoko, and now this. Hell, while not necessarily a show, even Toonami is back!

dd1zzle

Thanks for making a new forum bro! :D

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
So, this is premiering tomorrow. I'm fairly hyped myself, I wonder if we'll get explanation on the name changes(I know it's copyright, but intertwining it with in the story would be nice.) for example, perhaps the Shen Gong Wu(Haven't spelled that in a long time lol) powered up thus got stronger names(Orb of Tornami -----> Orb of Torpedo). As for the new character, Ping Pong, not sure what to say on him. I hope he has his own standout personality in his own right and isn't a rehash of Omi's, I also want to know why Raimundo isn't leader anymore and how old the characters are/how much they've aged. Eagerly awaiting that, the new voices may take some time to get use to but TBH, I'm not a huge crier over voices in animation. I usually adjust fairly easily, the quality of the show is more my concern. The art style is as nice as I remember it to be and I do hope they keep up the nice comedic moments that are well done and the amazing action.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I for one, am greatly excited for Xiaolin Chronicles. I loved Xiaolin Showdown, and while I'm not crazy about some of the changes, I won't let it stop me from watching a show I greatly loved. It made my Saturdays mornings eventful during my High School years. To bad I don't have a DVR anymore. I'll have to cancel some of my usual Monday night stuff, but well worth it.

The Unknown Twinkie

Lilligant is so cute
I can't wait I loved the show it was awesome.

Aegon

This is starting in a few hours? Hopefully I'll be able to see it tomorrow. As long as it has the humour and heart of the original series, I'll get over the renaming of Shen Gong Wu and the animation changes. The voices better not be too different. :/

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Be this a reboot or a sequel, I don't really care... what I like is the show is returning. I love when shows I like return, which is funny because I was just thinking of this show not too long ago XD

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I missed episode one, enjoyed episode three and two. It seems the show starts off with a small arc. of picking out a new monk. Willow and PingPong are the two who are in the running, Pingpong doesn't seem to be on Omi's good side.(For the most part, I'm enjoying the new character a good bit) Meanwhile, Willow is pretty much a ***** in sheep's clothing. So far, it looks like she's successfully fooling everyone. Also, regarding Chase's wager during the fight, I absolutely thought that was weird and a bit vain thing for him to wager his looks as they are of more worth than Chase and Jack's "knickknacks" it seems a bit weird. Kimiko, Raimundo and Clay's new voices and Dojo's little makeover will take some time to get used to. But I'll adjust, like Jack's though. So far, it seems like the show will start off with a bang of the Wu being stolen. Which would be interesting. With five minutes left, I could easily see Chase and Shadow being successful. Also love Shadow so far, makes for a great villain.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
At this point anything could be brought back especially Jacky Chan.
This should be really good.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Xiaolin Chronicles just aired. I'm sure many didn't like the new voices, and new names for the Wu, but I was fine with it all. The three episodes were all good. I enjoyed the new characters of Ping Pong and Willow/Shadow, and I loved seeing Omi, Kimiko, Clay, Raimundo, Jack Spicer, Dojo, Chase Young, Wuya, everyone back on TV for new adventures. I screamed for joy seeing them on TV again. I screamed like a hyper fan! Cyclops, Katnappe, and Tubbimura only appeared for a short bit, but I loved seeing them again too! The series feels like both a reboot and a sequel, due to how everyone still knows each other and we got small little throwbacks to the old series. Still chuckle whenever someone question's Kimiko's upper body strength, to bad it appears she won't be changing clothes and hair style all the time. Good episodes aired, hope to see more. The voice acting didn't bother me at all, so I'm looking forward to seeing more.

If Mala Mala Jong appears, I wonder if he'll be renamed like the Wu have?

TVGuru

The Nightmare Begins
I still question the lazy design of Ping Pong and his character hasn't made me interested in him at all. Just seems like a nicer Omi. Chase seemed over the top in this also, like they were really trying to get the point across that this is guy is evil. That scene where he flips his hair into the water during his evil laugh was hammy as hell. Everything else was enjoyable or bearable.

Seems like Rai isn't the leader anymore. So much for that development.

Looks like it'll be great from the little I've seen of it.

So, the voice cast. If you could survive the jarring Pokemon and DBZ English voice cast switches, this is pretty seamless and easy to adjust to.

Omi and Ping Pong are both voiced by Tara Strong, as excellently as always.

Raimundo, Clay, and Kimiko all got pretty good replacements. A bit forced and too low at points, but they're getting better at their roles.

Dojo's and Wuya's replacements are excellent. Just off and on at times, but definitely the closest to the originals.

Jack's started off pretty crappy, but he's getting much better, and was good in XC003. He just needs to make his pitch higher for Jack, and get the girly squeals down! :D

Master Fung and Chase Young's replacements are really very different from the originals. Pretty average, and not the best, but they're tolerable.

Ping Pong is pretty awesome and an awesome addition to the team. Came in at episode two: episodes two and three were awesome!

Dojo's new design...is going to take some time to get used to.

So, in short, the intro is great, the animation is very good, the voice cast is overall pretty good but will take time to adjust to, as will Dojo's new design, and the show itself is looking very good. :)

Aegon

I've watched the first two episodes. I certainly don't dislike it and I'm sure I'll grow to enjoy it more over time. When does it take place, though? Rai isn't the leader (they're all Shoku Warriors, apparently) and Wuya was trapped in the puzzle box (a spring inside the puzzle box – that was stupid). I also found some of the Shen Gong Wu's new names to be extremely silly. Shroud of Monster Camo? Really? They got away with changing the Star Hanabi to Hanabi Star, so why couldn't something similar have been done with the rest?

rocky505

I despise the Orb of Torpedo name. Jack's VA needs to get down on those girly screams too.

Joltik-Kid

I can't tell if this was a reboot, a sequel, or both...because a lot things seemed to be conflicting. And other then a few Wu name changes (Seriously, Orb of Torpedo?)... I actually enjoyed it. I don't care about voice changes unless they're completely different, so that didn't bother me. So yeah, I'm all for this continuing as it was a pretty good show back then.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Voice actor wise, I think they did pretty alright with what they had to work with. Raimundo sounded like a older version of himself, but it did help that the Xiaolin monks, minus Omi, look older and taller so it fit perfectly. Kimiko's new voice also worked for me, but I think it helped that she got lots of speaking time in the three episodes so I warmed up to her new voice fast and that is kinda why I probably didn't get a good enough feel for Clay's VA yet. But all we need is a Clay episode and that will change. I adjust to new voice actors fairly easily.

Edit: As someone said, Jack Spicer's VA just needs to get his girly scream down. But other then that, I thought his new VA was alright. Chase Young, no real complaints from his VA, though it is kinda strange that his reptile form now has hair :p

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Okay I think the name changes maybe due to copyright issues(I don't know, that's all I can think of)... which is weird but okay. Anyway, I'm convinced it's a rebooted sequel...