• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xiaolin Chronicles

PokemonFan13

DBZ English voice cast switche

Woahhh when did DBZ switch voices? Are you talking about Funimation or that Canada dub?

As for the show the voices really did not bug me. Kinda shocked the guy doing Clay did Protoman in NT Warrior. As for Kimiko not changing outfits I don't see why people are saying that. This 3 parter was connected and if I remember in connected eps she kept the same style she had. Really hoping this series gets merch and gets popular like AT and MLP. I know the first one had no merch but tbh that was 10 years ago and really none of those shows on Kids WB had merch.

rocky505

Woahhh when did DBZ switch voices? Are you talking about Funimation or that Canada dub?

As for the show the voices really did not bug me. Kinda shocked the guy doing Clay did Protoman in NT Warrior. As for Kimiko not changing outfits I don't see why people are saying that. This 3 parter was connected and if I remember in connected eps she kept the same style she had. Really hoping this series gets merch and gets popular like AT and MLP. I know the first one had no merch but tbh that was 10 years ago and really none of those shows on Kids WB had merch.
There was the card game which sunk to the bottom of the ocean in the blink of an eye and they made games for it.

Alola Adventurer

Voice actor wise, I think they did pretty alright with what they had to work with. Raimundo sounded like a older version of himself, but it did help that the Xiaolin monks, minus Omi, look older and taller so it fit perfectly. Kimiko's new voice also worked for me, but I think it helped that she got lots of speaking time in the three episodes so I warmed up to her new voice fast and that is kinda why I probably didn't get a good enough feel for Clay's VA yet. But all we need is a Clay episode and that will change. I adjust to new voice actors fairly easily.

Edit: As someone said, Jack Spicer's VA just needs to get his girly scream down. But other then that, I thought his new VA was alright. Chase Young, no real complaints from his VA, though it is kinda strange that his reptile form now has hair :p

XC was confirmed to be a Sequel series since all the monks are Shoku Warriors. Raimundo is probably still leader but just got shafted since Omi is still the main protagonist. Also (looking back and forth at XC and XS, Omi IS taller in XC and Tara Strong did deepen his voice a little, but not much.

I loved the premiere episodes, though. I loved this scene:

Jack Spicer:
The Jacko is backo! Prepare for my dance of victory! And 5, 6, 7, 8!

Wuya:
You're an embarrassment to evil everywhere!!

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

This has clearly been seen not as a reboot - but it also doesn't seem like a 100% sequel series either.

Why was Wu Ya in a spring, inside the box? And why isn't Raimundo the Leader anymore?

Putting this aside, the continuity was great.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
My guess its because the WB still owns the rights to some of the things in Showdown, so they had to make some changes to avoid some legal issues. It's probably why some of the story was changed and why the Wu have different names.

As to why Raimundo isn't leader anymore, it's probably due to the fact that Showdown always perpetuated this idea that while the monks think they should think of themselves as individuals, they are always thought of as one. The same thing happened when they became Wudai Warriors. They all thought that only one of them will be chosen to rise in rank but in the end they were all treated as one so they all advanced.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Yes the names are still copyright to WB and something about Canadian law with the VA's outside of Tara Strong.

I do find it a bit funny that although it is a sequel, Omi and Raimundo have both gone back to their original personalities of when they were more immature.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Yeah. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is Chase Young's characterization. In Showdown, he was the ultimate villain without all the ham. He didn't just manically cackle and he certainly didn't give a damn about the Wu. He relied solely on his martial art skills and nothing else and you got the sense that there was a reason heroes and villains alike feared him. Now, they just upped the ham to 11 and he seems a little less threatening now.

Which is a shame because they gave Chase what I desperately wanted in Showdown. A competent female right hand. Wuya was watered down to a complete joke by the time Showdown was coming to a close. Yes, there were times when she succeeded, but for the most part, she was treated as comic relief like Jack and all the other villains besides Chase. This Willow girl is absolutely what I wanted. Sexy, confident, powerful, and wants nothing more to serve her master. And Chase seems to be quite fond if her as well and I don't seem him just tossing her aside like he did with everyone else and I hope against hope that they don't go that route by turning her against him like other series would do.

The two look like they become a powerful duo and give the monks a run for their money. But only if they start to bring Chase back to how he was before Chronicles, making him that serious threat that everyone knows to fear. But also not just see Willow as a pawn and toss her aside or treat her like dirt. I'm not saying he needs to pacify her, but acknowledge that she is an important piece to his quest to world conquest and that he can't just dismiss her.

Cancer0081

Team Aqua member
Chronicles looks like it should be good judging from the 3 episodes XD aired. Willow/Shadow is looking like a good evil sidekick and seems smarter than Jack which I know isn't that hard to do. can't wait to see where they go from destroying the Xiaolin dojo since that kind of act would of made a great season finale.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Yeah. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is Chase Young's characterization. In Showdown, he was the ultimate villain without all the ham. He didn't just manically cackle and he certainly didn't give a damn about the Wu. He relied solely on his martial art skills and nothing else and you got the sense that there was a reason heroes and villains alike feared him. Now, they just upped the ham to 11 and he seems a little less threatening now.

Which is a shame because they gave Chase what I desperately wanted in Showdown. A competent female right hand. Wuya was watered down to a complete joke by the time Showdown was coming to a close. Yes, there were times when she succeeded, but for the most part, she was treated as comic relief like Jack and all the other villains besides Chase. This Willow girl is absolutely what I wanted. Sexy, confident, powerful, and wants nothing more to serve her master. And Chase seems to be quite fond if her as well and I don't seem him just tossing her aside like he did with everyone else and I hope against hope that they don't go that route by turning her against him like other series would do.

The two look like they become a powerful duo and give the monks a run for their money. But only if they start to bring Chase back to how he was before Chronicles, making him that serious threat that everyone knows to fear. But also not just see Willow as a pawn and toss her aside or treat her like dirt. I'm not saying he needs to pacify her, but acknowledge that she is an important piece to his quest to world conquest and that he can't just dismiss her.

I was always disappointed with how Wuya ended up by the end of Showdown. In the season 1 final and season 2 opener, it felt like Wuya was this unstoppable force that could not be beat, and at full power she was pretty untouchable. Omi had to go back in time and get Dashi for help. Then when she returns back to human form at the end of season 2, she is hardly a threat. Now, they did explain that Chase Young didn't return her to full power, how he managed to do that I don't know, but considering her threat level was severely down they might as well had just kept her in ghost form. Thankfully Chase Young greatly makes up for it as the ultimate villain of the series. Hopefully Willow will not get downgraded like Wuya did. She looks to be a very worthy foe, so I hope she and Chase Young continue to keep the threat level high.

One thing I'll say about adding a new Xiaolin monk to the team. I do not mind it, I actually like Ping Pong and I want to see what his Wood style will be like in contrast to the others, but it's interesting we're finally getting a 5th monk to the team. They teased the idea with Jermaine in Showdown, I always wondered what his element would have been.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I feel like Jermaine would have been a better choice than Ping Pong for the 5th Dragon and I could see him being the Dragon of Wood as well. I'm not too fond of Ping Pong and I really can't fathom why they chose to go with a re-skinned Omi instead of using an existing character. We saw this whole routine with the "Foreigner who isn't accustomed to different cultures" with Omi already. But I guess because Jermaine was already though of as a skilled warrior by the time Showdown was coming to a close, they didn't think he would mesh well with the other Dragons seeing how as they wanted them to assume teacher roles for this series instead of remaining students like in Showdown.

Also, with Lee Thompson Young's death, they would have had to find someone else to voice him anyways.

DedicatedFan

I feel like Jermaine would have been a better choice than Ping Pong for the 5th Dragon and I could see him being the Dragon of Wood as well. I'm not too fond of Ping Pong and I really can't fathom why they chose to go with a re-skinned Omi instead of using an existing character. We saw this whole routine with the "Foreigner who isn't accustomed to different cultures" with Omi already. But I guess because Jermaine was already though of as a skilled warrior by the time Showdown was coming to a close, they didn't think he would mesh well with the other Dragons seeing how as they wanted them to assume teacher roles for this series instead of remaining students like in Showdown.

I agree, Jermaine would of made a better addition in my opinion. What's the point of making a clone of the main character.

Cancer0081

Team Aqua member
While everyone sits here talking about Ping-Pong, characters personalities, VA's, etc... I'm sitting here wondering why Hannibal Roy Bean isn't in Chronicles?

so you want all villains to be brought back at once instead of waiting to see if any show up to be a future threat when one is taken down?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Hannibal Roy Bean just wasn't all that memorable for me. They tried to make a big deal out of him in season 3, but I just never saw it. He felt like a bigger threat then the average villain but not to the level of Chase Young, or early Wuya, which was the category he usually was put in. Don't get me wrong, he had some pretty nice villain ideas but just didn't stick out as much as the others. At least that's how I feel about him.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
The problem is he's the reason Chase is the way he is... I guess Chase could have re-sent him to the Ying Yong World. Honestly I don't care that much either, just found it odd he was on the preview art