• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

xxxHOLiC General Shipping Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

xxxHOLiC General Shipping Thread
Shall I grant your wish..?

Lovely spirits, a hot headed kid who wants to stop seeing them.. a "sneaky" shop owner/witch (with a nice rack), and enough shipping lulz for a life time <3!

Rules~:
SPPf ones, duh.
Keep in mind not everyone has read the manga/watched the anime, so anything remotely spoilerfic behind spoiler tag please!
No bashing, another duh.
Have fun~

What are your favorite shippings and why?

What are your favorite shippings and why?

Watanuki x Yuuko - ....it's too perfect <3! Yuuko loves to bust Watanuki's chops, but you can tell in so many ways that she cares for him and is truly looking out for him, and at some level Watanuki sees that and he really does respect Yuuko (even if he thinks she can be a lousy drunk <3)

Watanuki x Domeki - My obligatory CLAMP "canon" gay couple XD! I mean.. Domeki shows that he cares about Watanuki, even if Watanuki is oblivious (who wants that ditzy Himawari other that you? ~-~).. and I mean seriously if..

I mean.. DOMEKI GAVE WATANUKI HALF OF HIS EYE! If that doesn't show caring, I dunno what does!

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
YES OH MY GOD.

My favorite couple is Watanuki x Doumeki, of course. I mean come on. Wata is blind and they're both tied together. Hitsuzen. :]

I also have a fondness for Himawari x Yuuko. Why? I don't know. I think it's cute. Yuuko and Clow seems pretty nifty and semi plausable, but the recent Tsubasa chapters have me confused.

Shadow Ichigo

Left On A Journey
Sweet! I hoping to see one like this to be created! =D

To be really honest, theres only one couple I like in this series:

Watanuki x Zashiki-warashi: For some weird reason, this one seriously reminds me of Naruto x Hinata. Its funny to see Zashiki-warashi blushed alot when Watanuki is around. And the best part was seeing Watanuki giving a gift to her in Zashiki-warashi's world.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I absolutely adore Doumeki x Watanuki. There are a lot of things I could point to...

I also honestly think that Watanuki x Himawari and Watanuki x Zashiki-warashi are cute, and I think both girls are awesome. But deep down, I personally don't think it could work out so I don't support either that much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mimori Kiryu

My OTP is totally Watanuki x Zashikiwarashi. <3333 She is so cute; and he's so amazing. <3 really, i rather pair myself with watanuki because he's just that perfect :D

I think I'm the only fan of this anime/manga that doesn't like Watanuki and Doumeki together. Whoops. D: I mean, they're cute as really close friends, but not in a yaoi way. I think Watanuki is one of the straightest anime men I've seen. But to each their own, you know? :D

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Hey, I didn't know there was an xxxHolic shipping thread. I like Watanuki/Kohane. It was so sweet how how Watanuki reached out to Kohane. And then it was so cute when she fell for him. The age difference doesn't bother me. I mean, if Kohane were a normal elementary school girl, yeah, that wouldn't work, but she's really mature for her age. I don't think it stands in the way of this ship's chances, either. I mean, this is CLAMP. Remember Rika-chan in CCS? Plus with recent developments in the story which I won't spoil...

I actually think this ship has a good chance of becoming canon. I don't think Watanuki likes Kohane that way, at least not yet, but I've noticed something. Everyone knows about Watanuki's relationship to Syaoran, and Kohane has strong ties to Sakura. Watanuki met her beneath a Sakura tree, and they became friends trying to help the ghost there. And then Yuuko once gave her a sakura pattern kimono to wear. She has the same eye and hair color as Sakura. Not to mention [SPOIL]the fact that her powers of exorcism came from Sakura's feather- the one containing her memories of Syaoran.[/SPOIL] And there's a fair amount of focus on Kohane's feelings for Watanuki, too.

Dou/Wata is kind of a threat, but I do think that Watanuki's definitely het. Although CLAMP is like the master of the "Everyone's Bi" trope... But I think Watanuki sees Doumeki more as a friend. Doumeki, on the other hand...

hello.. XD I need to read more of hoilc.

but hey, there are a few ships I like<3

Doumeki xWatanuki- aww, come on... its CLAMP XDDD (me loves this one)

Watanuki x Yuuko- I see this. Some how... and I don't mind it. <3 however I'm more of a fan of Yuuko x Clow. Maaaaan... clow has alot of people after him!!

Although CLAMP is like the master of the "Everyone's Bi" trope...

True that! Tvtroupesmuch? we never know with CLAMP... Which is what makes things so hard.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I'm going to take the safe bet on canonicalness and say that we probably won't have any conclusive answer for who Watanuki ends up with. But who knows? Clamp's hard to call.

Now, I'm a Doumeki/Watanuki fan and I think that works in the canon if only in a one-sided way. I've never got on board with Yuko/Watanuki because I prefer the times when Yuko's a more maternal influence. Plus I've got this spooky and completely unjustifiable feeling that they're related.

I'd have to see more of Kohane, Himawari, and Zashiki-warashi in the uh... current developments to comment on their chances. Otherwise I'm sticking with my original bet.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I'm going to take the safe bet on canonicalness and say that we probably won't have any conclusive answer for who Watanuki ends up with. But who knows? Clamp's hard to call.

Now, I'm a Doumeki/Watanuki fan and I think that works in the canon if only in a one-sided way. I've never got on board with Yuko/Watanuki because I prefer the times when Yuko's a more maternal influence. Plus I've got this spooky and completely unjustifiable feeling that they're related.

I'd have to see more of Kohane, Himawari, and Zashiki-warashi in the uh... current developments to comment on their chances. Otherwise I'm sticking with my original bet.

I agree that they'll probably never say for sure. It's just not a manga that focuses on romance. I just felt that CLAMP was giving little hints about their intentions with Kohane. Agree that Dou/Wata seems canon in a one-sided way, though.

I think that Yuuko/Wata is more of a mentor/student relationship than maternal. Yuuko likes messing with Watanuki too much for that, I think. Heheh. I really like their relationship, though. There were parts that almost made me cry. And the last page of Tsubasa vol. 24 kind of made me go aww. But saying what it was would kill plot points, so I won't.

What do you think about Fai Wang and Yuuko? I mean, old ass-chin is about the unsexiest character in the xxxHolic/Tsubasa universe, but then when you learn that... It seemed like more of an ego thing for him, but... that's still an awful lot of trouble to go to for just that. Really, it doesn't seem like that, though, but it did cross my mind.

True that! Tvtroupesmuch? we never know with CLAMP... Which is what makes things so hard.

Yes, I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.