• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

xxxHolic & Tsubasa Chronicles.

MetaWolf

"Lullaby for You."
I haven't really been keeping up with them both but I can still chat 'bout them.
-----
I didn't see a thread for these two so I made one.
xxxHolic goes along with Tsubasa so of course they needed to be in a thread together. >_>
If you're reading the manga still then good job! But watch out for spoilers in this thread.
-----
So what's been going on in CLAMP's two most popular manga?

SapphireSwampert

Worldend Dominator
So far I've gotton Tsubasa 1-5, and xxxHolic 1+2.
Both are interesting, since the reference a lot of Clamp's other works.
And Tsubasa's plot twists were the best in Clamp's works. ;D
xxxHolic is awsome. Yuuko's personality is just great. xD

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Well, I can give you a brief summary of xxxHolic vol. 12:

[SPOIL]Watanuki has been falling asleep and dreaming at inopportune times, so much so that he can't tell the difference between reality and dreams very well. Let's see, he sees Doumeki's grandfather pretty frequently in these dreams... and he sees Sakura. He discusses what's been going on in Tsubasa with her. Also, Watanuki and Doumeki go to see Kohane-chan when people start calling her a fake medium and harrassing her, very nice for us Wata/Koha fans. They have a nasty encounter with Kohane-chan's mother... And there's a really sweet scene between Watanuki and Yuuko at the end.[/SPOIL]

As for Tsubasa, it's been awhile since I read vol. 17... but I'll see what I can remember.

[SPOIL]Kurogane makes an agreement to save Fai, with the help of the vampire twins, Kamui and Subaru. The water crisis in the government building is dealt with... and Sakura goes on a mission to find payment for Yuuko.[/SPOIL]

Ah yes! This is the mangas I've been going on. I love them really! But I've been trying to find xxxHOLiC 10.... xD

Tsubasa, I already read them all, that's been out that is. :3

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Topic!

What are your favorite shippings in xxxHolic and Tsubasa?

So far in Tsubasa, I really just like Sakura/real Syaoran. I thought her relationship with the clone was too mushy. But this one seems more complicated.

For xxxHolic, my favorite is Watanuki/Kohane. Kohane is an elementary student, but she's really mature for her age. I think it's really sweet when Watanuki tries to help her. I like that they're similar in some ways, but different in others. Oh, and I also like Doumeki/Himawari. It just seems reasonable to me, since he's the only one besides her parents who isn't affected by her curse.

MetaWolf

"Lullaby for You."
I really like the fact that Domeki was finally able to go into Yuko's shop. That was an awesome part in the manga.

I like Sakura/Real Syaoran also and Fai/Kurogane but that's more of a friendship pairing then actual lovers >_>''
I dun really like Domeki/Himawari, Watanuki should be with Himawari.

Edit: After just watching one of the anime episodes.-cough- I have decided that Fay/Chi is also great.

Last edited:

SapphireSwampert

Worldend Dominator
CLAMP just likes to throw stuff in for the fangirls
They have something for everyone. xD
At first, Sakura/Syaoran didn't appeal to me much like CCS. It did seem too mushy. Real Syaoran/Sakura has more substance. Clone Syaoran/Clone Sakura in the end was the best part, though.

Last edited:

SapphireSwampert

Worldend Dominator
Unless you dislike spoiler, which I don't.
She was with the group when they started to travle between worlds, much like Clone Syaoran was. But the feathers would still react to her.
But I found it so nice when Clone Sakura and Clone Syaoran were talking when she was dying at the end in the Dream world.

Phanta

OMG HAI =D
Oh my gawwwd. I love the Tsubasa chronicles! xxxHolic is pretty good too, but I much prefer Tsubasa. I just finished volume 11 :'D

Just Sakura and Syaoran, really. I see you are all talking about real Syaoran and clone Syaoran, but I haven't gotten that far yet :x But I'm assuming the one I support is Sakura and real Syaoran. I think o_x

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Really? I much prefer xxxHolic. I wasn't so into it at first. I was just buying it for the crossover, and reading it was kind of a chore. But somewhere along the line, it really caught my interest. I think the main characters are better than clone Syaoran and Sakura, and I like the philosophical themes. It's also kind of creepy. Also, I think the plot is better. It was episodic at first, but even then, it helped develop the characters and added to the overall plot, too. Tsubasa's plot is ok, but it didn't feel as directed to me. And the Piffle world arc just about killed me.

MetaWolf

"Lullaby for You."
The Piffle World was so awesomeful. xD
The only thing I enjoyed in the Piffle World Arc was Tomoyo. The race was kinda lame.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Oh, I know. I really slowed down on buying Tsubasa during that arc. But I kept going, because I knew that after that is when it really starts to pick up. It doesn't get into the next arc, really, but the part about Kurogane's past was good. And then it went all crazy and awesome. Let's see, volume 18 is supposed to come out tomorrow. I hope they have it at Borders... They're usually late with Tsubasa, though. But not xxxHolic. I wonder why that is.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Oh my gosh, CLAMP. o_O;

Cardcaptor Sakura's Syaoran and Sakura are Real!Syaoran's parents. This means TRC!Syaoran is technically not Syaoran, because he's only using his father's name.

This means TRC!Syaoran has the hots for someone that looks exactly like his mother. o_O;; I have the feeling that the "Sakura" in this series does not have the same "soul" as the Sakura we all know and love, but a completely different person (as hinted in one of the recent chapters).

But then all those similarities that were shown beforehand... CLAMP, you do good at confusing people.

Nice to know that CCS!SxS... you know, though. <3

Oh, yeah. And Fujitaka (!!!) was the king of Clow Country, not Clow. Can't wait for the next chapter, this manga probably has the greatest plot twists ever. CLAMP needs to explain all of this stuff, pronto! DD<

Whether you guys want to click that spoiler warning, is up to you...

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Hey, everyone clicks spoilers, even if she doesn't want to... it's my own fault, but... it's so hard to leave those things alone! I don't think I'm going to post spoilers anymore...

Anyway. I just got through with volume 18. It was really emotionally intense. And! Everyone! Was! So! Cool! Really. The facial expressions were pretty complex in this volume, expecially Syaoran's. I can't really go into much detail, but it started getting really metaphysical about free will and fate. And Yuuko-san did mention something about two futures, which came up a lot in X/1999, too. Maybe my theory isn't so off, after all.

SapphireSwampert

Worldend Dominator
This is the reason why I love Tsubasa+CLAMP so much. ;D
They're the best in plot twist. But seriously, I'm confused with the TRC Sakura...Is she just CCS Sakura in a different world+prospective, or something else? o_0