• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

xxxHolic & Tsubasa Chronicles.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
This is the reason why I love Tsubasa+CLAMP so much. ;D
They're the best in plot twist. But seriously, I'm confused with the TRC Sakura...Is she just CCS Sakura in a different world+prospective, or something else? o_0

It's very confusing. She's an alternate world version of Sakura... maybe. It's complicated, but I would have to reveal some twists to explain it. I haven't even gotten to those twists myself, so... I'm not even really sure.

Really nice banner, by the way. I like Wata/Koha, but I really like the way it's put together.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
They're the best in plot twist. But seriously, I'm confused with the TRC Sakura...Is she just CCS Sakura in a different world+prospective, or something else? o_0
In the beginning, she was supposed to be an alternate version of Sakura in another dimension (having the same soul, living a different life in another world, much like everyone else bar original characters like Kurogane and Fay). Now, with recent developments, it's hard to say...

And that's the last instance I'm ever going to mention it until Del Rey translates that part of the manga. I'm not going to unintentionally tempt another person with my spoiler tags (sorry, Hakajin). ); Those damn things really are hard not to click...

Last edited:

SapphireSwampert

Worldend Dominator
Hmm...So that's how it goes. Tsubasa is in its final arc, right? So we should have everything revealed by then. I'm only on volume 8, but I do know more then my share of the plot.
Really nice banner, by the way. I like Wata/Koha, but I really like the way it's put together.
Heh, thanks. xD
I ended up making it in a half hour, but inn the end, I didn't like it, so I changed it to Black Mokona. ;D

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I got the final volume of CLAMP no Kiseki tonight, and it had the second part of the feature on Tsubasa. There's some really nice color art in it. It's funny, though, because they were only up to volume 11 when it came out in Japan, so it's way behind.

It made me think of volume 18, and I was thinking about how much I like Kurogane. Don't want to give spoilers, but I really liked how he treated Syaoran at the end. He treats Syaoran with a lot of respect, like he's an adult. Also, I love characters that act mean, but really care about their friends. And I think Kurogane's really strong, too. Stronger than Fai. What really makes that stand out to me is the way he tells Fai that he can't keep pretending everything is ok. Fai knows that, too, but he's not strong enough to face it. But Kurogane never ran away from his problems like that. I had a hard time deciding which of the two was my favorite, but I think it's Kurogane. I used to think Fai was more original and complex, but I think they're about equal in that area now. I really like the friendship between them, too, especially since that happened. You know, in vol. 17. Kurogane always acted like he didn't want to be friends with Fai before, but now it's the other way. Kurogane is a good enough friend to take away Fai's way out, even though Fai hates him for it. And he's so stoic about it, too. I love it!

Heh, I wrote an essay... I guess I'm a fangirl...

~Heaven Help Us~

okay some parts of Tsubasa were really confusing so yeah i need someone to explain to me the part of chapter188 from pages 12-15.

THANKS!

~Heaven Help Us~

okay some parts of Tsubasa were really confusing so yeah i need someone to explain to me the part of chapter188 from pages 12-15.

THANKS!

Midori Chi

Miss Chi Motosuwa
^ so yeah, Syaoran just wants to get the real Sakura back (the one he met 7 days before her birthday in the ruins). I don't understand about turning back time though. ><;

Midori Chi

Miss Chi Motosuwa
I used to think Syoaran's father was Syoran Li from CCS. And Sakura said Sakura is not her real name. I wonder what it is.

~Heaven Help Us~

i think syoaran is from CCS, and her mom is also sakura from CCS. then that sakura from Tsubasa it cant be his mom because its not in CCS, then it must be another sakura it cant be his mom, lol i dont make sense.

eevee909

Your ladyship
me 2, i am up 2 book 9,am trying like anything 2 lay my paws on book 10, waaaaaaa, yoko is so mean! why couldent sakura and syouran be happy 2gether!!!!!! anyway, CLAMP works there magic once again :]

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I don't like Mokona so much. I don't like mascot characters in general, although Kero was cool... and I don't mind the black Mokona in xxxHolic so much. But Mokona does serve some plot purposes... and she does kind of diffuse the tension sometimes. Fai can't do that after a certain point in the story...

~Heaven Help Us~

I don't like Mokona so much. I don't like mascot characters in general, although Kero was cool... and I don't mind the black Mokona in xxxHolic so much. But Mokona does serve some plot purposes... and she does kind of diffuse the tension sometimes. Fai can't do that after a certain point in the story...

im pretty sure mokona is a guy.

Ventus3

Waiting for summer
Really? I much prefer xxxHolic. I wasn't so into it at first. I was just buying it for the crossover, and reading it was kind of a chore. But somewhere along the line, it really caught my interest. I think the main characters are better than clone Syaoran and Sakura, and I like the philosophical themes. It's also kind of creepy. Also, I think the plot is better. It was episodic at first, but even then, it helped develop the characters and added to the overall plot, too. Tsubasa's plot is ok, but it didn't feel as directed to me. And the Piffle world arc just about killed me.

I've read up to volume 18 in Tsubasa. I agree with you about the Piffle world arc. I'm also kind of frustrated why xxxHolic's anime is way different than the manga in order of events, because Mokona's not really in the first volume. Anyway, I would agree in liking xxxHolic more, but I actually caught onto it right away. Both are good works, but I still think that the philosophies that xxxHolic says explains the works in a more direct fashion than Tsubasa does. I also like Yuuko's personality.

Mokona's a guy? Then why would she be called by -chan? That usually is a female honorific if I'm not mistaken.

White Mokona-chan: Meh, she's okay, I just don't like her that much. Not as cute in my oppinion. But she is purposeful in both mangas to a varying degree.

Black Mokona-chan: I like her better. The alchohol adoration in both serves as comedial relief really. Even though I think it's a little cuter because of stuffed toy mode xD.

Both Mokonas: They are both adorable as cherry pie! All well, I guess I only have my cat friend that can shift into one hundred different forms eh? The two children that Yuuko has in xxxHolic seem to represent the Mokonas to me for some reason, I don't know why but that's my oppinion (I'm only on Volume three so spoilers are okay with me if Maru and Moro are connected to the Mokonas in anyway)

((OFF TOPIC: Human Kitty Slasher Chick Mode: . . . . .I heard that *chainsaw turns on*))

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
"-chan" is also used as an honorific for pets and young boys. :]

Both the Mokona's genders are not revealed, but if you think Larg (Black Mokona) is a feminine name, then by all means... o_O

devilry

Whoo I love Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles!

Anyway, the arcs before the Tokyo Revelations (I'll name it after the anime out as respect as its last OVA, and also because that 3 part OVA was just so damn good) aren't that interesting and I guess they mostly involve character building so as to make you develop feelings for them, especially clone Sakura and Syoaran.

Past that into the Infinity arc, then Celes Country followed by Nihon and finally back to Clow Country (I hope I didn't reveal too much to disappoint you guys) and the plot REALLY develops.

I'll admit Piffle World killed it too, but I just stuck on in anticipation for something better and man was it worth it.

I've read the first 30 xxxHolic chapters and it seems kinda boring for me though =/
The situations are kinda invoking but my eyes, consciousness and mind just aren't glued to it as compared to TRC.

Last edited: