• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY Anime Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Heh is the new group going to be Ash, Alexa, Clemont, and his little sister? If that's the case then...interesting.

That would be a nice change of pace. I hope that does happen. Ash could be like a mentor to the little girl. Plus I hope they at least give her one pokemon unlike with Max.

I'm so glad this will be battle oriented. I'm so tired of only looking at group dynamics that I forgot how fun the show could be if it has cool battles as well.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ash throws that Pokeball in a rocky setting, not matching any of the places where the starters are shown. So my guess? That's the Fletchling capture..

PsYcOjOhNnY

The Great Stickman!
i never had anything against Iris and Cilan....but they just never appealed to me. Then again neither there were only a few characters that i liked. I was not a fan of shootie as a rival, the only ones that interested me was the guy with the zebrastrike and the one girl who was the dragon buster. Everyone else just seemed so rushed and no thought out.

I dont like comparing anyone from previous generations and sagas to people in the newer ones, but the Ideas and story lines used are what draws me into watching it.

I did enjoy the conflict between ash and paul. It was more than just You have pokemon? I have Pokemon! Lets battle. That was interesting to watch each one of their interactions and battles and it was nice that ash kept getting beaten until the end. Yeah it was expected for him to win but eh, its with most animes. Bad guy beats good guy all saga...good guy wins in the end.

And with Dawn, as much as i did not like piplup, i did enjoy her little losing streak with the contests. where it seemed as though she wasnt going to make it to the grand festival. That actually kept me interested in how she would do.

I am hoping that whatever they do with the X and Y anime, they learn from this past one and build upon the things that worked.

Ash's team.....DEVELOPMENT!

Ash's Travel Partners.....GOALS AND DEVELOPMENT

Ash's Gym Battles......Make them more than just quick battles...

Ash's Battles....NO MORE KO FESTS!

and finally i hope the league is an epic mini saga....maybe half as long as this Orange Islands 2.0 or the N saga....make there be a XY region Anime Sage...then a mini 2 month League Saga....that would be smart. Really focus on battles....rivalries and even league history and such....i dunno....it would be nice to take a deeper look into the league and the time spent there....I mean most of them take 3 years to get to...so lets stick around for a while.

I feel like in Anime standards...we get 8 full gym battles....so the league should at least have ash battle 8 full battles that at least half of them should outshine the gym battles. Everyone needs to beat those leaders to get to the league so why do they seem to be noobs there?

ok im done. And excited about this new Anime.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Tsk tsk tsk, he is obviously catching a Swirlix here. And that Swirlix will be the Oshawott of this gen, popping out every second to lick Ash.

You Heard it here first!

adamfitz

poké-lover
Where ash is throwing the pokeball could be for any pokemon really
Let's be honest without wishful thinking

RickHoenn

Banned
Hopefully Ash catch both Froakie and Chespin.

It seems that's a fierce froggy. :eek:

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Please Read I want to hear your Opinions

Imagine this,Ash gets to the Skiddo Ranch in the Game and it is Revealed that Alexa's Gogoat is female and is the Mother to the Skiddo in the Ranch,a newly hatched Male Skiddo takes a real Shining to Ash,its a Bit of a Mama's Boy and snuggles with its Mum despite being very Clumsy and is Caught by Ash and hopefully we see a Mother Son Tag Battle

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
Cilan and Iris just sucked. Let's be honest, everybody knows it. I liked every group of companions up until Unova. I'm bored of Brock in all honesty and hope he never returns to travel again, but Misty was just the best. It's not nostalgia, she was just the most interesting female companion. I think it's because she and Ash argued and had quirky banter which his other female companions didn't, although I still really like May and Dawn. I think after the second gen the anime dialogue focused on younger viewers than it had before. When Misty was with the group they insulted each other and it was just more mature and realistic. Newer companions are always nice to each other and giving compliments and I think it's just aimed at younger kids as opposed to 9-10 year olds which the first gens feel like. IMO, it's turned way too PG and needs a bit of edge added back to the dialogue rather than always being ridiculous levels of nice to each other. I'm not sure I explained what I mean very well but I don't know how else to say it.

Haha I agree

Janovy

Banned
I think Alexa will follow Ash until they reach her sister by which point she'll leave him.

By then Ash could meet Shauna/Serena and the others.

JD

I don't really have a problem with Alexa travelling with Ash but it's kind of awkward when you think about it she'd be travelling with three kids(Clemont,Bonnie, and Ash) and she's a grown women. After a while it would feel like she is baby sitting the three of them.

BlueVapor

I'm hoping Alexa and Clemont aren't the new companions.

I second this hope honestly. Alexa I could deal with, but I will NOT accept Clemont, and you can think what you want of me :p Don't like his design, and I just think of Max tbqh... Only time will tell though I guess.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Please Read I want to hear your Opinions

Imagine this,Ash gets to the Skiddo Ranch in the Game and it is Revealed that Alexa's Gogoat is female and is the Mother to the Skiddo in the Ranch,a newly hatched Male Skiddo takes a real Shining to Ash,its a Bit of a Mama's Boy and snuggles with its Mum despite being very Clumsy and is Caught by Ash and hopefully we see a Mother Son Tag Battle

Now that would be a nice story behind a pokemon!
Personally I love it, would be delighted if that were to happen

I second this hope honestly. Alexa I could deal with, but I will NOT accept Clemont, and you can think what you want of me :p Don't like his design, and I just think of Max tbqh... Only time will tell though I guess.

Don't worry I'm the same
I just think that he would be overly stereotypical geeky gadget boy
Something I would get sick of very quickly

Alexa I like but I'd rather a developing female

Last edited:

diakyu

So why do some of you guys have a thing against clemont becoming a traveling companion. All we really know about him is his design. Does he just not have the right appearance or something?

adamfitz

poké-lover
Hopefully Ash catch both Froakie and Chespin.

It seems that's a fierce froggy. :eek:

I love froakie and from what we have seen
In the game froakie stamps the floor like he is ready to battle
And his eyes are wide open, he also hops a little like he's ready to go
BUT in the pokemon Amie (not anime) he is so chilled and laid back with those slit eyes,

Now in the anime we have seen froakie battle very well by the looks of it, he seems very strong
We also saw in the lab that he had the slit eyes and chilled personality

Then there is the Dex entry stating froakie may look laid back and not fully aware but he is,

From these I think froakie will be chilled when out of the pokeballs and not in battle, relaxing with his foam but when he is spooked or sent to battle he will snap right out of it and begin to battle greatly

_________

150px_XY_Clemont.png

I really just don't see him fitting in well

Last edited:

JD

I love froakie and from what we have seen
In the game froakie stamps the floor like he is ready to battle
And his eyes are wide open, he also hops a little like he's ready to go
BUT in the pokemon Amie (not anime) he is so chilled and laid back with those slit eyes,

Now in the anime we have seen froakie battle very well by the looks of it, he seems very strong
We also saw in the lab that he had the slit eyes and chilled personality

Then there is the Dex entry stating froakie may look laid back and not fully aware but he is,

From these I think froakie will be chilled when out of the pokeballs and not in battle, relaxing with his foam but when he is spooked or sent to battle he will snap right out of it and begin to battle greatly

_________

150px-XY_Clemont.png

I really just don't see him fitting in well

They could be two different Froakie's we don't know for sure yet we've seen the "serious" one in a CoroCoro scan too.

Status
Not open for further replies.