• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY - Japanese/Worldwide airdates

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

To promote the games end of the story, you guys need to start understanding that the japanese don't do anything to fit the dub tastes by you guys I mean american dub watchers.
Oh yeah I understand they don't try to fit it in with the dub. But it's a bit convenient don't you think. Having Alexa this early is a win-win for every region.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Oh yeah I understand they don't try to fit it in with the dub. But it's a bit convenient don't you think. Having Alexa this early is a win-win for every region.

Its not convinient, because there are other countries in the world besides the USA.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
A simultaneous dub is not possible. The episodes seem to have to be dubbed roughly six months before they air; when Todd Haberkorn posted that he had recorded a role (which turned out to be Cheren) it was two weeks roughly before the Cheren episode aired in Japan, and five/six before its dub aired.

SlimeStack

A simultaneous dub is not possible. The episodes seem to have to be dubbed roughly six months before they air; when Todd Haberkorn posted that he had recorded a role (which turned out to be Cheren) it was two weeks roughly before the Cheren episode aired in Japan, and five/six before its dub aired.

The Cheren episode aired 3 months after Japan. So that would mean they're roughly at a 3.5 month gap between dub and release.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
The Cheren episode aired 3 months after Japan. So that would mean they're roughly at a 3.5 month gap between dub and release.

Yeah, I'm not sure why I conflated weeks with months there.

The episodes still need to be dubbed too far in advance, though.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
To promote the games end of the story, you guys need to start understanding that the japanese don't do anything to fit the dub tastes by you guys I mean american dub watchers.

Really? They seemed fine with letting people in TCPI know that the Best Wishes series would run for 3 seasons/arcs, as well as letting them use footage from an episode that hasn't even aired in a Dubbed Opening. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Is it really coincidence that the Dub managed to catch up so much that October 12th is the release date of XY & that the Alexa Episode would air on October 12th in the Dub? I've already known that they've been working something out in the shadows.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Considering tpci get's there episodes in advance.. it isn't

I thought the opening to rival destiny's proved that.

There will likely be no worldwide release of the anime, end of story. CN stills has Decolora Adventure episodes to air and they aren't skipping them, it's in their contract and they paid good money for those episodes. Expecting a speed run of episodes is nothing more than mere wishful thinking at best. As said before, Shopro and TV TOKYO are the TPTB on that matter and they likely won't allow it given TV TOKYO has broadcasting rights to these episode's first day debuts.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
The maximum I can see is the first episode being broadcast as a teaser, but even that is a stretch.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't think it's possible for the Japanese version and the dub of XY to run simultaneously. It just seems like a lot of hard work and an inconvenience for TPCi's voice actors in my opinion.

Rowdy

I doubt the XY anime as a whole will begin its various dub airing's in sync with Japan.

However, I do think that (depending on when XY's first episode or two is finished being made) we could get a "rough" version of the XY anime aired the same day as the games release for promotional purposes (like how we got an hour long sneak peek of AG the day before RS was released). There wouldn't be any opening theme song and the dubbing may need tweeking later for the official series, but they could still do it if they wanted to.

diakyu

I see no reason for the dub to show a sneak peek too when they'll already have Alexa, Gogoat, Helioptile, and Noivern running around about the time of XY's release.

Izanagi

'Sup!
For this whole thing to even work it would take plenty of collaboration put in by those in PUSA and those in Japan. It is tougher than it sounds.

Talking about Dub in the Spoilers section just doesn't seem right. Its like we are the original fans watching the sacred Original Anime while the dub is a impurity meant for the secondary fans who don't really matter. Original fans are the cooler bunch who knows about thing that secondary impure fans can't even imagine.

Logically speaking, I don't think it would be wise to air the Anime simultaneously. Something bad happens, just saying, and we lose continuation.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Isn't Sailor Moon doing a world wide release or is that manga only? (Have no idea tbh but heard something about worldwide and SM last year)

I've already known that they've been working something out in the shadows.

So there ninjas?

All kidding aside why not ask Tom? He is on Twitter. Of course he might not be able to say anything due to legal issues.

Last edited:

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Honestly, I don't think it's impossible for the dub to be in sync with the original when XY comes out. If it was, it'll more than likely be a 2 day gap between the Japanese and the American release.

I mean, TPCi has proven that they can pick up and shift it into overdrive when it comes to shortening the gap. Just look at the end of the Battle Frontier arc. We would've probably had the same time of length if they didn't release the episodes daily with the BF arc, but we wouldn't be this far if they didn't do it.Look at it this way, We'll shorten the gap by a week when they rerun Movie 15 and the prequel to Movie 16. The gap will more than likely shrink more with other misc. gaps in between now and October with a slight chance will be about 1~3 episodes behind when the original Japanese gets to the Best Wishes farewell.

Besides, It will more than likely be synced all around for XY since Six Gen is going to be the at the same time worldwide releases generation anyways.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Honestly, I don't think it's impossible for the dub to be in sync with the original when XY comes out. If it was, it'll more than likely be a 2 day gap between the Japanese and the American release.

I mean, TPCi has proven that they can pick up and shift it into overdrive when it comes to shortening the gap. Just look at the end of the Battle Frontier arc. We would've probably had the same time of length if they didn't release the episodes daily with the BF arc, but we wouldn't be this far if they didn't do it.Look at it this way, We'll shorten the gap by a week when they rerun Movie 15 and the prequel to Movie 16. The gap will more than likely shrink more with other misc. gaps in between now and October with a slight chance will be about 1~3 episodes behind when the original Japanese gets to the Best Wishes farewell.

Besides, It will more than likely be synced all around for XY since Six Gen is going to be the at the same time worldwide releases generation anyways.

No, it is impossible. Translating the script, writing the dub script and timing it, casting all the characters and recording the lines takes time. It cannot be done that fast.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Talking about Dub in the Spoilers section just doesn't seem right. Its like we are the original fans watching the sacred Original Anime while the dub is a impurity meant for the secondary fans who don't really matter. Original fans are the cooler bunch who knows about thing that secondary impure fans can't even imagine.

Logically speaking, I don't think it would be wise to air the Anime simultaneously. Something bad happens, just saying, and we lose continuation.

Unless you are a 10 year old japanese kid you matter just as much as people that are "secondary" dub viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.