• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY - Japanese/Worldwide airdates

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I know that it is impossible to have it simultaneously
But of course they can shorten the 13 episode gap
They have dine it before, we are now 3 months behind
And were at one point 12, then 6, now 3
So maybe to tie in with a worldwide game release the gap could be shortened
Iv rather be behind by a moth and a half or so....

Oh well at least we will get to see Alexa near the release and her Helioptile, gogoat and noivern. Its just gonna be odd watching DA while I'll be so far if not finished the game

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Even if the gap would be down to a month or month and a a half, it doesnt make a big difference. The games will be relatively "old" news in the US by December and is just when BW will be be getting close to ending. There is no way getting around that the anime dub gets shafted with worldwide release, but the games come and first and japan comes first.

JohnLee

All I have to say is that I think everyone will be surprised come October when it comes to the anime....

I've said this for the past couple of years ever since Platinum came out. The international releases were getting earlier and eariler, but yet everyone would always shut me down when I kept speaking of a 'worldwide release'. "Oh the translations and marketing will take up all the time". And look at where we are now.

Clearly the TPCi and The Pokemon Company of Japan have changed the way in which they communicate and share information so that Pokemon fans can truly experience it together.

So why not the anime? Just like with the games, maybe there's a special animators team that works on the original and dub together.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
All I have to say is that I think everyone will be surprised come October when it comes to the anime....

I've said this for the past couple of years ever since Platinum came out. The international releases were getting earlier and eariler, but yet everyone would always shut me down when I kept speaking of a 'worldwide release'. "Oh the translations and marketing will take up all the time". And look at where we are now.

Clearly the TPCi and The Pokemon Company of Japan have changed the way in which they communicate and share information so that Pokemon fans can truly experience it together.

So why not the anime? Just like with the games, maybe there's a special animators team that works on the original and dub together.

It just doesn't work that way, and there is no reason for them to go through all of that to get out the dub that early. The anime just doesn't have popularity in America to warrant it.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
That, and the game's localisation is a one-off thing while the anime's dub is continuous. With the games, they only need to work together during the production period, but for the anime they'd have to keep all that work up constantly. It might not be impossible, but it's probably unfeasible.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.

This user is a source of information regarding TPCi. These user predicted since Platinum that sooner or latter it would be a worldwide game release (even when many of us thought that it could be impossible). What happened now? That we have a worldwide release.

This user probably is a familar/parent/friend of someone that works on TPCi. This person probably don't klnow details about what will happen (and if they do, it won't be spoilered to you) but he/she knows "something" that gives her "opinion".

What this user is taking around is thatr this scenario could happen in the near future:
-Until October, Decolora Adventure.
-12th October, Alexa's debut.
-19th/16th October: Departure episode/Ash's flying in Kalos.
The week after that: Start Kalos.

I think that this users could be potentially right. We "forgot" something important here: You notice that the sho'ms amin purpose is promoting the games. We know that the dub episodes before they air in Japan (which means that they aren't dubbing earlier because CN).

There are two main date for buying the games: Release date and Christmas. And the anime is a event to promote selling the games, aprticularly because watching the anime could makethat many children will want that Santa Claus give the games to the children next Christmas.

If we are through a standard thing, the XY series will start on January 2014. Meaning that all the promotion would get lost by when the anime arrives.
In many places this can't be possible because it's very difficult to control so many schedules at the same time. In Spain, they won't do anything similar because they have already problems dubbing one season through the year and because they expect selling 200,000 copies and is a country that doesn't get profit right now. In the US they expect to get 3 millions of copies and they could get more profit fromt he franchise by airing the anime.

If I were a part of dubbing team, I will do this:
-If the anime has not aired Episode N, here of course; first we have to air Episode N (and the league if that's still pendent).

And if Episode N has aired and the games are released:
-Air the first episode.
Air the Alexa debut.
Air the departures and Ash's going into Kalos.
-Start XY.

In Canada, they pre-empted BF to air Diamond and Pearl; in many European countries they more than oprobably air BW teaser before Sinnoih ended for them. If TPCi wants, CN will air XY episodes and not the rest of Decolora because TPCI will want to promote XY.

The reason of why Da! don't have any plot whatsover is because the animators are aware of the worldwide release of the games. For if the dub wants to skip Da! they will accept by only airing the Alexa and departure episodes.

I don't think that the US will skip Da! and that he anime won'0t air in October.
But given the contents of what we know, for me I think that Best Wishes we have only the epsiodes that we know fromt he Data Broadcast and I think that the last episode will be Iris and Cilan specials (Zekrom being Iris).

That way the 93 days gap will be a 49 episode gap (19 episodes) which means the dub will start in ealry December just in time for Christmas.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

It. Cannot. Be. Done.

Scripting, casting and recording is impossible to get done that fast. Period. You are comparing apples to oranges by comparing it to the games and I think you know that.

I can't believe this nonsense is still going on.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It. Cannot. Be. Done.

Scripting, casting and recording is impossible to get done that fast. Period. You are comparing apples to oranges by comparing it to the games and I think you know that.

Yep, apparently surprisingly a lot of people will be disappointed when the dub doesn't start until at least january.

dman_dustin

It. Cannot. Be. Done.

Let's not forget that even if it was possible, which it technically might, no, hear me out.

It is possible for the dub to air an episode roughly around the same time as the Japanese, since they get the episodes that far in advance.

However here's the problem.

While there may be a close synchronizing airing, people have to realize, that in order for TPCI to do that, they'd have to sacrifice something in order to get it done.

Having a healthy supply of episodes backed up.

They would only be able to air synchronized airings of the episode (or at least a week to two weeks) but it would be at an episode to episode basis. Imagine something that happens like what happened in the 5th generation where an earthquake caused three episodes to be skipped.

TPCI would be royally screwed on that because they wouldn't have anything to air, because they would still be in the process of dubbing that 4th episode, or finishing it up, so it could air within four weeks.

That is the primary reason why it won't happen. These episodes in Japan are made many months in advanced, and I'm sure technically the 1st XY episode is already near completition if it's not already done. This is just in case something happens and an episode HAS to be skipped. Japan having probably 6-8 episode in backlog makes this possible.

The dub would have NO episodes in backlog, if they were trying to do a synchronize airing. And they aren't ever going to do that. Because if something happens to Japan, the dub is royally screwed and won't be able to air any episodes for probably 4 weeks.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
We know that other countries has to dub pokemon frm the US.

I found out that in France BW S2EN-14 aired on June 22th. In Italy, BWS2N-11 aired around the same date. In UK they are airing two episodes each week since May 18th (which means that it's airing Eisode N right now). In Germany te last episode that IF know aired in Febraury 2013. In Spain, the last episode of Rival Destinies aired aired in Febraury.
G
However, Latin America only has aired until BW 064 going by the Wiki Dex.

Which means that every main european country is airig/has aired the anime with a gap of only 5 months since the Japanese version.

Remembervthat the European duba words differently: ey air epvarious episodes through thgecweek during two mnths, stopand they o it again.

Also, in many countries there won't be too much problem if a DP character returns. For example, in Spain, Clan TVE is airing today Dawn vs Zoey. And in UK I see te eisode where Piplup learns Hydro Pump.

PrinceGray

Anti-Hero of Serebii
This user is a source of information regarding TPCi. These user predicted since Platinum that sooner or latter it would be a worldwide game release (even when many of us thought that it could be impossible). What happened now? That we have a worldwide release.

This user probably is a familar/parent/friend of someone that works on TPCi. This person probably don't klnow details about what will happen (and if they do, it won't be spoilered to you) but he/she knows "something" that gives her "opinion".

What this user is taking around is thatr this scenario could happen in the near future:
-Until October, Decolora Adventure.
-12th October, Alexa's debut.
-19th/16th October: Departure episode/Ash's flying in Kalos.
The week after that: Start Kalos.

I think that this users could be potentially right. We "forgot" something important here: You notice that the sho'ms amin purpose is promoting the games. We know that the dub episodes before they air in Japan (which means that they aren't dubbing earlier because CN).

There are two main date for buying the games: Release date and Christmas. And the anime is a event to promote selling the games, aprticularly because watching the anime could makethat many children will want that Santa Claus give the games to the children next Christmas.

If we are through a standard thing, the XY series will start on January 2014. Meaning that all the promotion would get lost by when the anime arrives.
In many places this can't be possible because it's very difficult to control so many schedules at the same time. In Spain, they won't do anything similar because they have already problems dubbing one season through the year and because they expect selling 200,000 copies and is a country that doesn't get profit right now. In the US they expect to get 3 millions of copies and they could get more profit fromt he franchise by airing the anime.

If I were a part of dubbing team, I will do this:
-If the anime has not aired Episode N, here of course; first we have to air Episode N (and the league if that's still pendent).

And if Episode N has aired and the games are released:
-Air the first episode.
Air the Alexa debut.
Air the departures and Ash's going into Kalos.
-Start XY.

In Canada, they pre-empted BF to air Diamond and Pearl; in many European countries they more than oprobably air BW teaser before Sinnoih ended for them. If TPCi wants, CN will air XY episodes and not the rest of Decolora because TPCI will want to promote XY.

The reason of why Da! don't have any plot whatsover is because the animators are aware of the worldwide release of the games. For if the dub wants to skip Da! they will accept by only airing the Alexa and departure episodes.

I don't think that the US will skip Da! and that he anime won'0t air in October.
But given the contents of what we know, for me I think that Best Wishes we have only the epsiodes that we know fromt he Data Broadcast and I think that the last episode will be Iris and Cilan specials (Zekrom being Iris).

That way the 93 days gap will be a 49 episode gap (19 episodes) which means the dub will start in ealry December just in time for Christmas.

What I got from that is that if you want to watch the anime and you don't live in the good ol USA or Japan. (The only two countries that really matter when it comes to pokemon and anime in general) then you're screwed.

What I got from that is that if you want to watch the anime and you don't live in the good ol USA or Japan. (The only two countries that really matter when it comes to pokemon and anime in general) then you're screwed.

I don't live in Japan or USA, 99.9% of the people my age group in my country don't even know that Pokemon games exist....and I am not screwed. You just have to be obsessive enough.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed

Your kinda right but actually, only Japan matters! :p

I know a lot other places that get Pokemon anime dubbing but not just that, UK has actually gotten dubbed episodes before US since TPCi manages Pokemon outside of Asia and Australia. I think TPC manages everything elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.