• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY Kalos League

Status
Not open for further replies.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
How far do you think Ash will make it in this league? From the first two epsiodes that aired, he gave the impression that he really wants to win this time. And he showed a lot of improvement from the last series early on. So I'd say probably top 2.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Judging from patterns only, if Ash uses his older Pokemon again for this League - i'd like to think he reaches the Top 4 or Top 2.

I wouldn't mind either of those placements or even win.

vespiqueen

I want him to win.
Since that most likely won't happen, I'm hoping for top two. Although it'll be kind of bittersweet to see him be so close but still not the champion.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Well since he went back a step, I think the highest will be top 4.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Imo, his desire to win Pokemon Leagues has nothing to do with his performance during them. Anyway, there was a thread like this one at the start of BW (like a dozen episodes into the saga) and I predicted that he would make it to the Top 16 and that's it. People attacked me savagely for even implying that he wouldn't place Top 4 or better, and yet I had the last laugh when he barely made Top 8. Sure, I was technically off just like everyone else, but at least I had already predicted an underwhelming performance by him. This time I think I'll predict Top 4 though. I don't think he'll regress like he did in BW, so Top 4 sounds more plausible.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Imo, his desire to win Pokemon Leagues has nothing to do with his performance during them. Anyway, there was a thread like this one at the start of BW (like a dozen episodes into the saga) and I predicted that he would make it to the Top 16 and that's it. People attacked me savagely for even implying that he wouldn't place Top 4 or better, and yet I had the last laugh when he barely made Top 8. Sure, I was technically off just like everyone else, but at least I had already predicted an underwhelming performance by him. This time I think I'll predict Top 4 though. I don't think he'll regress like he did in BW, so Top 4 sounds more plausible.

yeah, I know forogot to add this into my orginal post but his desire to win is not only what makes me think he'll do well but also when he was battling Clemont in the first episode of XY he was battling like how he did in the Sinnoh League. So that's also why I'll think he'll make it about top 2 or even possibly win,

dman_dustin

Wouldn't saying runner up make more sense than top 2?

I don't know that kind of irks me more than it should, but I don't know when there's only 2 people involved, you are either the winner or runner up.

Personally I don't care, so long as he gets at least two full battles, and each of his Kalos Pokemon gets a nice win. And no on Pikachu getitng more than one win unless every other Kalos Pokemon gets a win. And no on Ash bringing back his past gen Pokemon just to screw over his current generation Pokemon.

Like how Torterra was screwed entirely in the Sinnoh League, and the only 4th gen Pokemon of Ash's to not get a win.

The only reason why Ash did bad in the last league, was because the writers didn't care at all about Ash, and preferred to over glorify someone who shouldn't have gotten any glorification in the first place.

But that's just how I interpreted why Ash did so horribly against Cameron. .

Last edited:

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I don't belive Ash will win a different league before he wins Kanto league, at least I see it that way in my head. I would love for him to reach Top4/2 but more important is for me that we get good battles as in Hoenn and Sinnih and partwise in Johto.

Bw league was so low quality and besides the vs Stephan really poor.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Wait, since Ash already has badges from previous regions, he can partake in the leagues. If I was Ash, I'd wait until the time for the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, etc. leagues begin again and try to compete in all five of them. Surely he'd win one of them since the odds are in his favour :p

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
As of right now, Top 4 seems likely to me. Depending on how the series goes it could be higher or lower. But other factors like length of the generation matter too

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
As of yet, I would say Top 4 since X/Y Ash seems to be a bit more mature and, so far, his tactical acumen seems to have returned if his battle with Clemont is anything to go by. I will wait a bit more before making any further prediction as to his final placement since it is still too early in the region. I hope his battle against Clemont is a good sign for him in terms of his skill in Kalos.

pokefandt

A might early for this, don't you think?

Let's at least wait until Ash has a few gym badges under his belt before we start thinking about the league.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm putting my money on top 4. This Ash reminds me a lot of the Ash we saw in the DP saga, and I don't know why, I could easily see it on top 4 this time as well.
I can't imagine Ash getting to the top 2 (or runner up, for dman's pleasure :p). Just imagine how he would feel and how we, fellow fans, would feel; he was at one full battle for being league winner ? How could the writers make him lost ? I think Ash's best top will be 4 until he wins (or maybe top 2 if it's the last time he won't win).
But, I don't know... It's just a feeling, I guess. I just hope it doesn't get under top 8. I have a feeling Ash's going to put off something good during the Kalos League, and I hope I'm right. :)

i want him to get top 4 or runner up he seems to have went back to his AG/DP mindset unova was his break period he was preparing for the next league

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
A might early for this, don't you think?

Let's at least wait until Ash has a few gym badges under his belt before we start thinking about the league.

I agree, but at the same time it's fun to see what other people think will happen two or three years from now. I'll bookmark this thread and when the Kalos League ends we'll see just how close we were to predicting the outcome. It's kind of weird though because after the last Pokemon League, which many people thought was the worst one thus far, I would've thought that people would slowly lose interest in the Leagues in general. But I guess not haha.

Zya

ロバート
He's most likely going to use his old pokemon judging by the patterns and amount of kalos pokemon, so i'd say top 4 or top 2 or even the winner.

pokefandt

I agree, but at the same time it's fun to see what other people think will happen two or three years from now. I'll bookmark this thread and when the Kalos League ends we'll see just how close we were to predicting the outcome. It's kind of weird though because after the last Pokemon League, which many people thought was the worst one thus far, I would've thought that people would slowly lose interest in the Leagues in general. But I guess not haha.

I'm not exactly a fan of the Unova league myself, but I can still pick some good out of it.

Well if I had to hazard a guess, Top 4, at least. Maybe this will be the year Ash makes Runner-up officially. (The Sinnoh League, I consider Ash runner up, because the guy that Tobias beat to win the league didn't do nearly as well as Ash).

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
Nothing like early league predictions.

Judging by his relative competence (you read that right, relative), I will say the oh-so-predictable top 4. But the writers have recently been feeling trollish and breaking traditions, so who knows? I would be very surprised if he won, but anything between 2-8 (even 16?) is fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.