• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY Kalos League

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sea Cucumber

...or am I?
This series is like AG, why would you not expect him to have the water Sceptile?

The series is not going to repeat every little detail of AG.

LizardonX

Banned
This series is like AG, why would you not expect him to have the water Sceptile?

Because he didn't get sceptile until well after the league?

Canada

Banned

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Because he didn't get sceptile until well after the league?

Well that was because they knew they were making a secondary filler arc back then. With the writers ignoring the DP Battle Frontier, I doubt if the "Z version" has a new one it'll be featured.

Ash's final team will surely resemble AG.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Hell in Kanto Ash placed in the Top 16 yet his battles seemed impressive.

That's nostalgia talking because they certainly weren't. It either didn't make sense (the Bellsprout), was plot convenience (Kingler) or resulted in a loss.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well that was because they knew they were making a secondary filler arc back then. With the writers ignoring the DP Battle Frontier, I doubt if the "Z version" has a new one it'll be featured.

Sooo...

- Pikachu
- Frogadier = First stage starter
- Talonflame = Fully evolved bird
- Phantump = Pokemon of standard type that can evolve into a type that Ash hasn't had yet: Ghost (Yes, Phantump is Ghost as well, just stroll along)
- Single staged Fire-type? Obsolete due to Talonflame! :D
- Avalugg = It's half of Glalie, with legs! :D

There, Ash's XY-team will feature only five pokemon.

Just kidding of course ;)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't see why people are acting so surprised. The starters are split up among the main characters again.

Ash's water starter will be his Treecko, the bird is just the next Swellow...and after that there simply aren't many fire or grass types this region that Ash might get.

I definitely don't see them pulling a Best Wishes and having Ash capture 10 pokemon again, that's a mistake nobody wants to see repeated.

Mirto

I think Ash will go with Frogadier to the Kalos League, but the writters can put an evolution like Riolu in Unova League.

LizardonX

Banned

And how do you know the structure will be the same as DP? All I'm sayin is that ash didn't have a fully evolved starter by league in johto, hoenn, and unova. Odds that greininja will happen before league arent great.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And how do you know the structure will be the same as DP? All I'm sayin is that ash didn't have a fully evolved starter by league in johto, hoenn, and unova. Odds that greininja will happen before league arent great.

Well again it depends on if there's a filler arc or not. This time I think he'll have a fully evolved starter by the league.

Also remember that in the Hoenn league Ash's rival Tyson had a Sceptile...and that's probably why they didn't evolve Ash's yet.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's nostalgia talking because they certainly weren't. It either didn't make sense (the Bellsprout), was plot convenience (Kingler) or resulted in a loss.

I kind of agree. I loved OS, but the Indigo League was a mess of DEM. Ash shouldn't have won his first match with just Krabby/Kingler; I thought it was cheap that a Pokemon with no prior battle experience beat three Pokemon on its own. Still, I loved that match because it was so ridiculous, but I won't pretend that it was logical. His very last battle itself was infuriating for the opposite reason though; he lost terribly. I still blame Charizard for that loss, and Team Rocket for causing Ash to be so late and unorganized.

Anyway, Top 4 for Ash sounds reasonable at the Kalos League. Granted, there's nothing that implies how well or how badly he'll do, but that's just my prediction. I could easily be wrong and he'll do worse, but for once I don't want that; there's nothing enjoyable about seeing Ash fail at Leagues.

LizardonX

Banned
Well again it depends on if there's a filler arc or not. This time I think he'll have a fully evolved starter by the league.

Also remember that in the Hoenn league Ash's rival Tyson had a Sceptile...and that's probably why they didn't evolve Ash's yet.

That doesn't have anything to do with greninja. And besides grotle evolved despite having no proof at the time that paul wpuld rotate out torterra, plus most people would be creeped out by the giant tongue scarf of greninja and public opinion of it dropped significantly from the reception frogadier got.

thebestpokemontrainer

Pokemon Master
This time around, in the Kalos region, I expect ash to fail in the league
tournament, just as he has failed in every other...

That's, unless of course the writers are finally ready to acknowledge that
there's no harm in having ash win the tournament, defeat the elite 4 and
go on to face the champion in a close match that he ultimately loses.

IMO that would better promote the games & renew a lot more interest in
the show... but, I'm realistic. As I said originally, I expect ash to lose in the
tournament. Top 16 most likely, but Top 8 at best.

Sephora

yes I'm back
This time around, in the Kalos region, I expect ash to fail in the league
tournament, just as he has failed in every other...

That's, unless of course the writers are finally ready to acknowledge that
there's no harm in having ash win the tournament, defeat the elite 4 and
go on to face the champion in a close match that he ultimately loses.

IMO that would better promote the games & renew a lot more interest in
the show... but, I'm realistic. As I said originally, I expect ash to lose in the
tournament. Top 16 most likely, but Top 8 at best.

Don't you think Top 16 is a little harsh? I feel like Ash should keep doing better in the leagues and taking a step forward, not backward :/
Because at this rate, he might as well lose the first battle.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Don't you think Top 16 is a little harsh? I feel like Ash should keep doing better in the leagues and taking a step forward, not backward :/
Because at this rate, he might as well lose the first battle.

That's next region

Idk what is up with the writers honestly or why they feel like Ash improving is a bad thing but eh, what can you do.

All we can hope is that Pikachu doesn't steal all the wins and that he doesn't lose in the first round.

ash should not be getting top 16 u have to be an idiot if u think ash deserves that spot bw made the worst mistake in making ash regress in the league
everyone should just ignore tropius he always goes for the opposite just for the sake of arguement, fyi he had a fully evolved starter in kanto and 2 in sinnoh by the time the league came around

thebestpokemontrainer

Pokemon Master
No one thinks ash "should" be placing top 16... I, personally, think ash should be defeating
the champion of each region as he travels. He resets at the beginning of each region anyway,
so that would prevent him from becoming too OP, but I digress.

Top 16 is what I predict the writers will have him place this region, based off of how they have
been treating him. I honestly think they regret having him place top 4 because too many ppl
were expecting him to go on and WIN a region tournament, which won't happen until the end
of the anime.

No one thinks ash "should" be placing top 16... I, personally, think ash should be defeating
the champion of each region as he travels. He resets at the beginning of each region anyway,
so that would prevent him from becoming too OP, but I digress.

Top 16 is what I predict the writers will have him place this region, based off of how they have
been treating him. I honestly think they regret having him place top 4 because too many ppl
were expecting him to go on and WIN a region tournament, which won't happen until the end
of the anime.
exactly how did he reset in dp and xy bcause it seemed as though his opponents were evenly matched and in the first 3 episodes of xy they've been treating him pretty well
OS ash---no way he deserved to beat them
AG ash---he would get beat badly but still up a decent fight
DP ash---(arguably the strongest hes ever been) would atleast stand a chance and defeat aleast half of their teams(if he has access to all his pokemon)
BW ash---would be annihilated by the elite 4

Status
Not open for further replies.