• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY Kalos League

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Top 4 at worst.

We'll see him lose to some guy who brings in a hax team again.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash can't lose to a Mega Blaziken or Lucario....he lost to both their previous forms in the past. (Blaziken and Lucario in Johto and Unova)

DivineDragon

hope ash wins the league but chooses to go exploring
if hes going to lose then at least it better be top 2 and not lose against another Cameron!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Does anybody else feel like Mega Charizard vs Mega Blaziken is pretty much confirmed for the league lol??

The Sea Cucumber

...or am I?
Does anybody else feel like Mega Charizard vs Mega Blaziken is pretty much confirmed for the league lol??

Harrison confirmed
But actually I'm seeing Mega Charizard vs. Mega Lucario.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

How is Top 4 a bad thing? Given how he regressed in the previous League, Top 4 in the Kalos League would be a godsend.

At worst meaning that he can be Top 2 (lol he'll never be champion as long as people love Pikachu).

I'd like to hope that Unova was just the writers overcompensating for making his AG and DP teams better than the original series barring Charizard.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Harrison confirmed
But actually I'm seeing Mega Charizard vs. Mega Lucario.

Honestly I see that as maybe right after the third gym to coincide with the games.

The reason I say Blaziken at the league is cuz I could see Blaziken man as a potential rival for Ash.

The Sea Cucumber

...or am I?
Honestly I see that as maybe right after the third gym to coincide with the games.

The reason I say Blaziken at the league is cuz I could see Blaziken man as a potential rival for Ash.

Not a league rival, that would be a serious risk a rehashing the Johto league.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Not a league rival, that would be a serious risk a rehashing the Johto league.

He would be a regular rival appearing throughout the region, not just at the league lol.

Except Ash wold beat him and go on to lose to some other random guy.

thebestpokemontrainer

Pokemon Master
Just to clarify, ppl.... winning the tournament does not make him the region champ. He would still need to go up against and defeat each of the elite 4 members, and than the champion in order to get that prestige.

I've always wondered why they don't add the tournament into the games, after victory road/before the elite 4. I think it'd be a blast to participate.

The Sea Cucumber

...or am I?
Just to clarify, ppl.... winning the tournament does not make him the region champ. He would still need to go up against and defeat each of the elite 4 members, and than the champion in order to get that prestige.

I've always wondered why they don't add the tournament into the games, after victory road/before the elite 4. I think it'd be a blast to participate.

I honestly never thought of that. Ash wins the tournament but gets obliterated by the first E4 member, I'm all for that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

I've never thought about that. Seeing a pokemon league tournament sort of deal before the elite 4 battles in the games would be something cool to play around with.

They could do all the different battle styles and such. That actually sounds like a lot of fun lol.

cuz the games dont follow the anime(anime follows the games they just add stuff) and the league is just used so that ash wont battle the E4 after getting the badges

Haunter ゴースト

That's nostalgia talking because they certainly weren't. It either didn't make sense (the Bellsprout), was plot convenience (Kingler) or resulted in a loss.

And yet they were more impressive than Unova which was simply a case of spam attack, spam attack, draw, spam attack, lose/win. Hoenn was intermediate, some battles had tactics whilst others were the same as Unova.

I'm not saying Kanto League Battles were better, i'm saying they were at least made to be impressive such as Muk stopping Bellsprouts spree, or Kingler repeatedly hitting Cloyster in defense to win.

Although, i did enjoy the OS League more than those two which is nostalgia talking.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
No one thinks ash "should" be placing top 16... I, personally, think ash should be defeating
the champion of each region as he travels. He resets at the beginning of each region anyway,
so that would prevent him from becoming too OP, but I digress.

Top 16 is what I predict the writers will have him place this region, based off of how they have
been treating him. I honestly think they regret having him place top 4 because too many ppl
were expecting him to go on and WIN a region tournament, which won't happen until the end
of the anime.
Him regressing that much would be just as bad as him progressing too much.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I actually see Ash getting runner up in this series. He might even win, granted he has Greninja by the time of the last battle. If he wins the league, he'll go up against the E4, put up a decent fight but get beaten. Then, he'll go to the next region to take part in the next league. Runner up isn't even a stretch, considering he was the second best trainer after Trollbias. I'd actually say he's better than DP around here, considering the brilliant strategy he came up to catch Fletchling.

Kalos League team (Top 2):

Pikachu
Charizard (Mega)
Sceptile
Greninja
Krookodile
Snorlax

One thing, though; we don't know if Froakie will go all the way up to Greninja or if Ash will even get a Mega. Everything is pretty much speculation, though I guess that's a given considering we have only three episodes, albeit three epic episodes.

Well, the XY writers so far seem to be pandering to the fan base as much as possible.

Potentially fast-tracking Ash back to DP level? Check. Not giving Pikachu the usual nerf hammer? Check. Giving Ash a GAR moment by the second episode? Check. Making Serena Ash's overdue love interest? Check.

Having Ash win a league? It's bound to be a check...

^This, especially Pikachu not getting nerfed this time around. The hype surrounding Ash and Serena is also quite interesting. Shows that the writers are actually okay with changing things this time around.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I, personally think Ash will be runner up this time around to his rival (BlazikenMask).

I sincerely just hope they dedicate more time to it than the catastrophe that was the Unova league. They definitely spoiled us with the Sinnoh one.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I can't say that I have high hopes for this League for Ash since I did with Unova & look how that turned out. I wish he'd get Top 4 at the very least this time around but we will see. The only thing that I am excited about it that Ash will most likely have his Water Starter evolved since he only caught 1 this time around, like they did with the Treecko line.

Status
Not open for further replies.