• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY Kalos League

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

Sad thing is, I felt from about mid-way through BW that Top 8 was the most likely outcome in the League. There were just a lot of things that weren't adding up. I had no problems with when evolutions did happen, I had a big problem for 3 Pokemon that didn't change much, if at all past the half way point in the series. Scraggy, Snivy, and Oshawatt. They each actually put up decent fights in their League matches, but after watching both Hoenn and Sinnoh, where by the time Ash got to the Leagues, he had only one Pokemon that hadn't evolved at least once in each League, not counting Gible whom was relatively new. Also, for all three of those same Pokemon, their move-pools were done developing half way through the region, if not sooner, and if they weren't going to evolve, something needed to change on a couple of their move-sets. I didn't get why the writers stopped developing those 3 around the half way point through the BW series. That was when it became apparent to me what I expected would happen in the League.

zhixun

I hope this time Satoshi wins the league. He is well deserved to win since he has been training Pokémon for nearly two decades. If the writers still want to keep Satoshi in the next saga, then I think the best way is for him to challenge elite four, that can be still a continuing goal to become a Pokémon master.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
This time Ash better become at least top 4,I want him to become top 2 but that will only happen if were lucky

I agree.

After the setback in the Unova League (which truthfully was pretty low key compared to the other Leagues). It would be good if Ash again reaches Top 4 position.

As for Top 2 position, it wouldn't most likely happen until atleast around Gen 8 or 9.

X Drake

I Am Groot
I agree.

After the setback in the Unova League (which truthfully was pretty low key compared to the other Leagues). It would be good if Ash again reaches Top 4 position.

As for Top 2 position, it wouldn't most likely happen until atleast around Gen 8 or 9.
Yeah,if only Ash had used Krookodile instead of Boldore,Palpitoad instead of Oshawatt and maybe Leavanny instead of Snivy(is she stronger or weaker than Snivy?) he would have reached top 4 or even top 2 in Unova.

Well one could hope that he reaches top 2 (although it's quite impossible),so yeah Top 4 is the best choice.I just hope they don't bring him down to top 16 this time.

zhixun

Yeah,if only Ash had used Krookodile instead of Boldore,Palpitoad instead of Oshawatt and maybe Leavanny instead of Snivy(is she stronger or weaker than Snivy?) he would have reached top 4 or even top 2 in Unova.

Well one could hope that he reaches top 2 (although it's quite impossible),so yeah Top 4 is the best choice.I just hope they don't bring him down to top 16 this time.

Semi finals does not make him to stand on the podium. Also Satoshi has attained a semi final before. I think he deserves a chance of reaching the final after having done all the hard work as a trainer.

X Drake

I Am Groot
Semi finals does not make him to stand on the podium. Also Satoshi has attained a semi final before. I think he deserves a chance of reaching the final after having done all the hard work as a trainer.
Well it all depends on how strong his new team is going to be,how strong his opponents are going to be and if he is going to bring back his old pokemon like in DP.Hard work means nothing if you're not smart enough to know which pokemon to use in the league,like what Ash did in Unova which is use his Unova team (not even some of his strongest members of the Unova team were there)or bring at least 2-3 old pokemon back.

We all wish Ash would win the League, believe me: poor guy has lost too many times now. *sighs*

k6666

Pikachu Fan
well if he bring a reverse then top 4

PokeBash

If Ash doesn't use his some of his old Pokemon and mega evolution in the league, I'm gonna be mad, and if he does use his old Pokemon and mega evolution and doesn't even make it to the top 2, I'm gonna be even madder.

Geez, how come the writers won't let Ash win a league? I mean he can still have adventures and lose against an Elite Four member.

X Drake

I Am Groot
If Ash doesn't use his some of his old Pokemon and mega evolution in the league, I'm gonna be mad, and if he does use his old Pokemon and mega evolution and doesn't even make it to the top 2, I'm gonna be even madder.

Geez, how come the writers won't let Ash win a league? I mean he can still have adventures and lose against an Elite Four member.
If they do that than, the fans would want him to beat the Elite 4 in the next gen.

charizardfan

I’d prefer the show ended Ash and Pikachu’s story with them winning a League, as it’d give the characters a sense of closure that couldn’t really be felt if they won and then just ended up having to do the whole thing over again anyway.

The way I see it, Ash winning the League should be a big moment that more or less closes the book on this part of his journey. Until the anime actually decides it’s finished with Ash and Pikachu for whatever reason (and - much as I enjoy Ash - I honestly wouldn’t mind if Gen 6 was that time, although I think we all know it won’t be), I’d prefer if Ash didn’t win.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
If Unova is any indication, I don't think that the league matters much to the writers anymore.

I feel like it was partly due to the other tournaments in Unova. The writers didn't handle the rivals very well throughout the saga, so nobody was anticipating any showdowns at the Unova League. It wasn't even eagerly anticipated anyway.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I feel like it was partly due to the other tournaments in Unova. The writers didn't handle the rivals very well throughout the saga, so nobody was anticipating any showdowns at the Unova League. It wasn't even eagerly anticipated anyway.

The Unova League did have tons of hype though; I still remember the plentiful "Ash will definitely win the Unova League" theories. The Kalos League will almost certainly follow suit in terms of anticipation and hype even though I'd wager a lot of money that it'll be more of the same.

KKS-Lapras

The Unova League did have tons of hype though; I still remember the plentiful "Ash will definitely win the Unova League" theories. The Kalos League will almost certainly follow suit in terms of anticipation and hype even though I'd wager a lot of money that it'll be more of the same.

I don't think the League will be handled as poorly this time around. I don't foresee Ash winning, nor does he need to, but his placement will be an improvement or bring him back on par at least to his Sinnoh League performance.

Soniman

Break the Limit

It would be interesting to inquire why people would believe this given Ash's status in Unova.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

I think Boldore was a good choice, but Ash didn't use him properly. While Oshawott was definitely a bad choice especially against a Hydreigon.

I believe that Leavanny & Snivy are almost equally strong (though Leavanny has a slight edge because of being fully evolved).

The problem is that Snivy was already at that level since the time it joined Ash's team, while Leavanny attained that level through a few battles and evolution.

Also the writers wanted Ash to lose, so they made him lose in the most unbelievable way against a team which was definitely unbalanced and a trainer who was more stupid than Ash.

The Unova League did have tons of hype though; I still remember the plentiful "Ash will definitely win the Unova League" theories.

As far as i remember, it was only a few guys who thought that would happen and posted there theories multiple times.

Most of the people in general knew that Ash wouldn't win a League especially since many believed that he first had to attain the Top 2 position, before winning the league.

Though it really was a surprise seeing him drop in his ranking.

Last edited:

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master

We've had side competitions and tournaments in other series and still had consistent leagues. People were hyped for it, but being cautious because of how the series was going, and especially the 8th gym.

There's no excuse for the Unova League. I don't get why people act like that's the standard when it's the black sheep of the whole anime

There's no excuse for the Unova League. I don't get why people act like that's the standard when it's the black sheep of the whole anime
Yeah, there really is no excuse for what happened in the Unova League: it felt more like an over glorified, extended Don Battle Tournament than an actual League, the writers did an awful job with the rivals apart from Stephan and to an extent Virgil, Camoron made it unbearable to watch with his stupid headband snapping...and to top it all off with a cherry on top, Ash regressed in League Rank back to Top 8.

If Unova is any indication, I don't think that the league matters much to the writers anymore.

no i dont believe that, I believe its just that BW was a filler gen so they didnt have to try with the league and thats why XY the writers are actually putting an effort to showing ash as a competent trainer in order to make the league better

Status
Not open for further replies.