• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY Kalos League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikatoshi26

I agree but Bulbasaur and Squirtle can hold their own with the toughest out there. I do think a team with a Pokemon from each generation would work. The problem is he won't sit out Pikachu in that battle and if he has Charizard Y, he'll obviously use it.

Personally I would like this team

Charizard- Kanto
Heracross- Johto
Sceptile- Hoenn
Infernape- Sinnoh
Ufezant- Unova
Greninja- Kalos

Im sorry Starraptor is much better than Unfezant and if i was stuck with a Unova poke i would use Krookodile or palipatoad that frog needs more respect...

King Charizard

Poor Ufezant gets no love :(

I seriously hope Ash uses as many Pokes as possible in this league.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Given how rushed all the previous Leagues have been, I can't see him placing any better than Top 4 again at the Kalos League to be honest. If he does any better it'll be a miracle imo.

nameman

Given how rushed all the previous Leagues have been, I can't see him placing any better than Top 4 again at the Kalos League to be honest. If he does any better it'll be a miracle imo.

It depends on what they want from Ash. If they want him to win the League and have the time to get him to have at least a match with an E4 member, then they could do that. Froakie's evolution will finally give him a Fire, Grass and Water fully evolved starter. Add Pikachu, and he has 4 Pokemon that can match the 4v4 matchups of the E4.

Champions League could make for an interesting post-League.

zhixun

It depends on what they want from Ash. If they want him to win the League and have the time to get him to have at least a match with an E4 member, then they could do that. Froakie's evolution will finally give him a Fire, Grass and Water fully evolved starter. Add Pikachu, and he has 4 Pokemon that can match the 4v4 matchups of the E4.

I think challenging Elite Four should have full battle as well. There is no reason why it is a four on four battle given that all previous league battles were six on six at the later stages in my opinion.

nameman

I think challenging Elite Four should have full battle as well. There is no reason why it is a four on four battle given that all previous league battles were six on six at the later stages in my opinion.

To advertise the E4's unique teams of four. A battle with the Champion could be 6v6.

Lorde

They always have plans that cause Leagues to be rushed, hence why I think the Kalos League will be more of the same. And clearly the writers care more about Pokemon promotion than Ash's goal anyway.

nameman

They always have plans that cause Leagues to be rushed, hence why I think the Kalos League will be more of the same. And clearly the writers care more about Pokemon promotion than Ash's goal anyway.

To be honest, it isn't really necessary to see Ash go through the Preliminaries and early rounds. The matches should be seen starting at Top 16-Top 8 at the least. Let's look at the two recent leagues in time

Hoenn: Battle Frontier
Sinnoh: Ran out of time; no post-League
Unova: Plenty of time; had to do Episode N and Team Plasma due to B2W2

As long as the anime team isn't caught off-guard again and manages its time better, we could at least see the Champions League in Kalos, even if Ash does not win.

I think it is better for five on five. Just as what they did in the older games. Four Pokémon battle will be too few in my opinion.

Probably, but I am going by what the current games have. Hoenn's E4 having 5 Pokemon might make this possible though. The question would be which Pokemon would fill out the teams?

Last edited:

Lorde

To be honest, it isn't really necessary to see Ash go through the Preliminaries and early rounds. The matches should be seen starting at Top 16-Top 8 at the least. Let's look at the two recent leagues in time

Sinnoh: Ran out of time; no post-League
Unova: Plenty of time; had to do Episode N and Team Plasma due to B2W2

As long as the anime team isn't caught off-guard again and manages its time better, we could at least see the Champions League in Kalos, even if Ash does not win.

Why would they waste even more time on the Champion's League if they have no plans on letting Ash win? After seeing him lose five Leagues, is it really so outrageous for him to lose the Kalos League too knowing that the anime's story is repetitive anyway?

nameman

Why would they waste even more time on the Champion's League if they have no plans on letting Ash win? After seeing him lose five Leagues, is it really so outrageous for him to lose the Kalos League too knowing that the anime's story is repetitive anyway?

He loses the Champions League, but shows himself as strong. He becomes famous through Kalos because he's friends with a journalist. This leads into a post-League storyline where he challenges the Battle Chateau/Maison or whatever appears in the combined game.

The repetiviteness can't be completely avoided due to how the games are set up, but the Champions League would help differentiate Kalos from the rest of the series. If it happens, that's great. If it doesn't, oh well.

Last edited:

zhixun

Probably, but I am going by what the current games have. Hoenn's E4 having 5 Pokemon might make this possible though. The question would be which Pokemon would fill out the teams?

If it is a four on four then I think it would be Pikachu/ Gekkouga/ Jukain/ Lizardon or Goukazaru. If it is a five on 5 then both Lizardon/ Goukazaru in the team.

King Charizard

I think it is better for five on five. Just as what they did in the older games. Four Pokémon battle will be too few in my opinion.

Is not the quantity is the quality.

If Ash makes it to Siebold, I wonder what Pokemon could beat his Blastoise.

Lorde

He loses the Champions League, but shows himself as strong. He becomes famous through Kalos because he's friends with a journalist. This leads into a post-League storyline where he challenges the Battle Chateau/Maison or whatever appears in the combined game.

He's already "famous" in Kalos for the Prism Tower incident, plus he could easily move on to something else after the League regardless of his performance there like he does in every saga. Again, why does he need to win the Kalos League?

nameman

If it is a four on four then I think it would be Pikachu/ Gekkouga/ Jukain/ Lizardon or Goukazaru. If it is a five on 5 then both Lizardon/ Goukazaru in the team.

It would depend on the opponent. I would actually expect him to beat Pachira as she is a villainous E4 member and possibly Dracaena as well as she does not have Mega Evolving Pokemon. We could see Goukazaru potentially with Lizardon against Gampi due to Type advantage. As for Zumi, Jukain and Pikachu would be the stars, though they would likely lose to Mega Gyarados.

From the special, Siebold has Mega Gyarados it seems.

zhixun

If this happens then I would like to see Jukain/ Goukazaru taking out Kamex. Because I would like to see other Satoshi's Pokémon taking out the Elite Four's best Pokémon.

nameman

Status
Not open for further replies.