• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY OU Beatstick (Page One)

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Hello Again!

This is Sheps back again with my most recent offensive concoction to get me to page one on the PO ladder. The team is exactly what you would think based on its name. An offensive team designed to simply beat the crap out of the opponent using pressure, momentum and synergy. What I think is unique about this team is that it doesn't revolve around a specific sweeper or pokemon and it's an offensive team that uses defensive synergy to create opportunities to pound the opponent. So lets get to it!

130.gif
681.gif
646-black.gif
145.gif
639.gif
715.gif

In Depth

130.gif
/
130-mega.gif

Gyarados@Gyaradosite
Intimidate/Mold Breaker
Jolly
8 HP 252 ATK 248 SPE

-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Dance

Starting with the mega. I like Gyarados because it can play effectively in both its normal form and mega form. Sometimes I may not activate its mega form if its typing is a good matchup. The defensive stats of the mega form are impressive and it's attack stat make it a great setup sweeper. Mold Breaker quake and Ice Fang give nearly flawless coverage.

681.gif

Aegislash@Leftovers
Stance Change
Brave
248 HP 116 ATK 144 SPA

-Iron Head
-Shadow Ball
-Shadow Sneak
-Kings Shield

Aegislash is a perfect teammate for Gyarados. It resists every weakness of Gyarados's mega form except for electric, and is an especially useful switch-in to fighting types trying to Mach like Breloom. After coming in Aegislash has both physical and special stab options to slam the opponents that switches into it. Ghost is a very potent offensive type and Shadow sneak works great as an extension to the attack it previously used to finish pokes and revenge cleanly. You can never have much priority.

646-black.gif

Kyurem (Black)@Leftovers
Teravolt
Mild
72 HP 216 SPA 220 SPE

-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Fusion Bolt
-Substitute

Kyurem Black acts as another switch in for Gyarados. This time to combat bulky waters and grass types that can't get swept by Gyarados. Kyu switches into a water/grass/electric type attack and creates chaos behind a sub. Teravolt makes Venasaur a breeze as well as Rotom. Suicune, Vaporeon and Quaggy stand no chance. And behind a sub Ice Beam is so deadly. Defensively Kyu will check Belly Drum Azu. The EV's let me maximize my attacking power while letting me outpace things I need to.

639.gif

Terrakion@Focus Sash
Justified
Jolly
252 ATK 4 DEF 252 SPE

-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt

Although this team doesn't really have a lead, Terrakion is a good go to. Stealth Rock really pays when trying to ware down the opponent, especially against stall. Taunt also helps with stall as well as BP. Terrakion can use its ability to counter and take advantage of dark types like Bisharp. Fighting and Rock coverage along with the sash can eliminate key threats to the team over the course of the match.

145.gif

Zapdos@Leftovers
Pressure
Bold
248 HP 92 DEF 68 SPA 100 SPE

-Thunderbolt
-Heatwave
-Roost
-Defog

The lighting bird plays an important role as a physically defensive backbone for the team as well as a reliable defogger. It also is an important counter to things like Scizor, Talonflame, and Ferrothorn as well as other physically offensive threats. Heat Wave allows me to OHKO Steel types like those mentioned above and Thunderbolt is a healthy stab to give Zapdos offensive presence.

715.gif

Noivern@Choice Specs
Infiltrator
Timid
4 HP 252 SPA 252 SPE

-Draco Meteor
-Hurricane
-Switcheroo
-Flame Thrower

I felt like the team was needing a dedicated special attacker as well as something fast to clean up late game. In comes the underrated Noivern. Infiltrator is situational but a fantastic thing to have against BP and certain threats. Specs and Modest combine with some ridiculously powerful moves to allow Noivern to pack a surprising punch. Flamethrower is for steels. Hurricane if I'm feeling lucky, and Boom Burst is just a great sweeping attack to have late game.

Threats Oddly Unaware Clefable is a problem if it starts boosting cosmic power. LO Keldeo is annoying as well if Gyarados has already evolved.

Credits Thank you to Danger,Davidpwns, and Golduck for helping me test and work this team, thank you to sprite dex for the sprites, and thank you for reading, feel free to drop any rec's you have!

Pending Changes

~

Last edited:
Hi sheps, this a really solid team. I like the use of noivern and the general nature of the team. There's just a few things that I'd personally change.

On noivern definitely run timid over modest and switcheroo over boomburst. Noivern's main niche over latios is its excellent speed tier letting it outspeed greninja, with modest you're just better off using latios for more power. Boomburst is a bad move to be locked into with so many resists running around OU, and the utility switcheroo provides is too much to pass up to cripple stall pokemon.

Looking at this team it lacks a really solid cleaner outside of noivern who is easily worn down, and the weakest link of the team imo is zapdos. It really doesn't do too much offensively and hurts your momentum which is bad for a hyper offense team. Obviously if you replaced it you'd need its hazard clearing support and mega pinsir checking ability, so I recommend scarfed excadrill over zapdos. It handles thundurus which is a huge problem for gyarados and your team in general as well as +1 charizard x which sweeps you after a DD boost. Dropping zapdos does make you weak to opposing mega scizor, but they have to choose between being set up on by mega gyarados and being walled by aegislash so it can be played around.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Hope this rate helped, and props for using noivern in OU :]

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Thanks for the rate. I like your Noivern set much better and will mke those changes right away. I had never worked with it so I kind of just guessed on the set.

darkdragonking_4

general user
Very solid looking team. I would recommend discharge>thunderbolt on zapdos. Discharge allows you to paralyze and make zapdos a more defensive threat.

Last edited:

Scumbag Chris

I really dont understand the point of a lead sash terrak if you have a defogger. In my opinion a very situational move on a team with a sash rock user. Scarf exca works as a talonflame and pinsir check while also not getting rid of your own hazards, And I find it to be much better suited for this team, because once kyurem gets weak, greninja kinda gives you the schlong. Exca gives you another greninja check.
This team also seems to have close to nothing for Lando-T. If you are intent on keeping Zap, I think HP ice would be a much more viable option than Heat wave, because Ferro has definitely lost a lot of its usage.