• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY&Z Opening theme, "XY&Z" by Satoshi (Rica Matsumoto) and Tomohisa Sako - released

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Can't be too surprised that Mega Sceptile wasn't Ash's. This series MO seems to be "Dropping vague information and then laughing at you for getting it wrong". Because why in the hell else would you put Mega Sceptile on a poster featuring only the main characters and then "conveniently" forgetting to put the damn thing's actual trainer on there along with it. I guess we can assume that Noivern isn't Ash's either now.

Also, why the hell is it so damn hard to simply give Ash a damn Mega Evolution? Is there some rule against it? Because it's honestly stupid. There are literally dozens to choose from and they can't seem to give him one. I honestly don't give a crap about "Ash Greninja" because is so damn blatantly obvious that it's a stand-in for a real Mega Evolution, and to that I say "No". It's like getting a Zune when you wanted an iPod. Or like, the "handjob" of Mega Evolutions. I mean, it's cool and all, but you know what I really want.

Captain America X

Can't be too surprised that Mega Sceptile wasn't Ash's. This series MO seems to be "Dropping vague information and then laughing at you for getting it wrong". Because why in the hell else would you put Mega Sceptile on a poster featuring only the main characters and then "conveniently" forgetting to put the damn thing's actual trainer on there along with it. I guess we can assume that Noivern isn't Ash's either now.

Also, why the hell is it so damn hard to simply give Ash a damn Mega Evolution? Is there some rule against it? Because it's honestly stupid. There are literally dozens to choose from and they can't seem to give him one. I honestly don't give a crap about "Ash Greninja" because is so damn blatantly obvious that it's a stand-in for a real Mega Evolution, and to that I say "No". It's like getting a Zune when you wanted an iPod. Or like, the "handjob" of Mega Evolutions. I mean, it's cool and all, but you know what I really want.
I'm pretty sure we can't assume that.Unless you think that Ash is gonna release Noibat...

Also it's probably because they wanted to focus on Greninja,you know that main starter and most popular pokemon of the new gen,the lucario of the gen etc.So since it doesn't have a mega they decided to give it something else.Plus it's pretty much the same as Primal evolution which is basically mega evolution in all but name so nothing is wrong here.Also it's more like wanting a White Ipod but getting a Black Ipod.It's basically the same thing but it's not 100 percent the same.

Last edited:

ArtFenix

Also, why the hell is it so damn hard to simply give Ash a damn Mega Evolution? Is there some rule against it? Because it's honestly stupid.
Maybe because Alain only fights those with Mega Evolved Pokemon and if Ash had one, he'd just lose?)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This opening is UNREAL <3

I liked the music, the graphics, and some of the shots were pretty cool, such as that last one with the group against Team Flare (and lowkey Bonnie getting dragged by Zygarde dog). I wish there was less of a focus on Greninja though.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
This new opening is awesome. The animations and graphics are especially stunning! Not to mention, the music is also great. :3 Love it!

I was kinda surprised that Noibat was still... Noibat in the opening. Surprised, but pleased. I think it's wonderful that they take their time with this Pokémon.

LizardonX

Banned

It makes it less painful after he resets and gets his *** kicked by something that had no right doing so in the next region.

STICKTOPIA

Wow this is really a great intro! Things are so intense here! So frogadier will evolve soon but noibat may take longer. Now that we see who the mega sceptile belongs to, I wonder what ash's 6th Pokemon will be. Does anyone understand the part with ash and greninja when greninja just turned into water and ash's tears brought it back?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
And how do you know that serena and clemont won't have any importants again?

Because the opening basically gave them the Brock and Misty treatment of just standing behind Ash whenever they appeared, which was very little, so no I don't expect them to do anything important in TF arc. At least Bonnie has Puni-chan to keep herself relevant and that alone makes me pleased.

p96822

Evolve me please
Because the opening basically gave them the Brock and Misty treatment of just standing behind Ash whenever they appeared, which was very little, so no I don't expect them to do anything important in TF arc. At least Bonnie has Puni-chan to keep herself relevant and that alone makes me pleased.

I wouldn't say that Serena nor Clemont are out place in this episode or they are going to be like Misty and Brock. Serena still have her Tripokeons and Clemont is more there for comictic. Really don't judge the characters just because of the opening.

Akashin

You mean the two times they appeared as a group, where both times Serena was right beside Ash and only migrated behind him at the end when Alain appeared? Clemont was consistently shown pulling up the rear, but Serena wasn't.

Not that I quite understand what marching order has to do with whether or not they'll be important in the coming arc to begin with.

But since the focal point of the new op is the TF arc, it's obvious why it would focus on the Zygardes, Ash Greninja (and Ash by association), and Bonnie and Puni-chan.

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

Here's hoping they legit forgot about noibat and that it's actually Alexa's...
lmao that would be messed up! And like the other person said: you know you're evil right? Lol that was just funny

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Here's hoping they legit forgot about noibat and that it's actually Alexa's...

Lol I certainly hope so
So I'm guessing it'll be a while before it evolves. Hopefully it won't evolve until near the league.

It also seems like Alain will be siding with Team Flare as he was sort of on their side in the opening if I'm remembering it correctly It was too early in the morning for me and I was half asleep

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I watched it again and noticed Inkaychu! So happy they're still doing that, Inkay's so adorable in that costume. No Litleo/Pyroar in that balloon but maybe they'll surprise us like Talonflame. Or there is simply just no room for a Pyroar in there with the rest

So Noivern's probably not happening anytime soon. That's really good to hear.

Yeah, hopefully they actually give him some development and battles soon.

Pteranodonte

Let me guess: Talonflame?

Close. I would have liked to see a bit of spoiler about Noibat evolution into Noivern. Greninja is one of my favorite Pokémon, but they should have showed a bit about Noivern (and the birds) too. Since they did it for Goomy, I expected the same for Noibat.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
The OP goves a general sensation that Greninja is a "pseudo-Mega", that can be even more special than a proper Mega. Let's see what actually "Satoshi Gekkouga/Ash Greninja" is.

And an detail in the OP: Noibat/Onbat (who finally has done something after so many episodes) is still unevolved in the OP. It likely means that Noivern/Onvern isn't expected to happen soon.

Pokemon Power

Never mind, I found one. I gotta say, it's been a while since Japan had an intro with an exciting beat. On another topic, the intro heavily featured Alan's Mega Charizard X, Sawyer's Mega Sceptile and Ash's Greninja. Am I the only one who sees the reason why?

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Holy mother, this OP is amazing!! They are going to treat Zygarde as a God Pokémon. I thought I heard 'Kami' in the OP when 100% Zygarde appeared. I'm soo hyped!

Status
Not open for further replies.