• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Xyoras team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneUnicorn

I'm a unicorn
Hey there bros, im certain this is the right place, if not let me know. So I made this team, and I would love any thoughts on it. This can be locked, mostly just needed a place to set the team up.

Rapidash
Ability: flash fire
Nature: jolly
Item: silverpowder
Ivs: 5 - special attack
Evs: attack, speed
Moves: megahorn, flamethrower, wild charge, protect

Espeon
Ability: magic bounce
Nature: timid
Item: light clay
Ivs: 5 -attack
Evs: speed, hp
Moves: morning sun, reflect, psyshock, light screen

Lucario
Ability: inner focus
Item: megastone
Ivs: 5 - special defense
Evs: special attack, speed
Moves: close combat, crunch, extreme speed, swords dance

Dragalge
Ability: adaptability
Nature: modest
Item: choice specs
Ivs: 5 - attack
Evs: special attack, hp
Moves: sludge wave, focus blast, scald, draco meteor

Honchkrow
Ability: moxie
Nature: adamant
Item: sharp beak
Evs: speed, attack
Moves: brave bird, sucker punch, roost, pursuit

Gourgeist
Ability: frisk
Nature: naive
Item: toxic orb
Evs: speed, defense
Moves: disable, bestow, destiny bond, phantom force

Last edited:

Airo

That One Guy
First of all, if you want to have a proper team, then you're going to need the right 5 perfect IVs on each Pokemon, as well as the right nature. For example, your Honchkrow lacks a perfect Attack IV and has a Modest nature, which boosts Special Attack and lower Attack. This is a problem, as Honckhrow is primarily a physical attacker, and your moveset agrees with that. Check the natures page on Serebii if you're unsure of which natures you need. Most attackers have a nature lowering the offensive stat they don't use, and boosting Speed.

Rapidash - It's ability should be Flash Fire, so it can have one immunity that Rapidash can switch into for free, while also powering up its own Fire moves. Flame Body only has a 30% chance of activating, and you won't see Rapidash tanking any physical hits, anyway. Bold nature is really weird, as it lowers physical Attack, which Rapidash needs, and raises Defense, which is mostly futile. Run Jolly, to up that important Speed stat and lower Special Attack. IVs need to be perfect on everything but SpAtk. I understand you have Inferno, but that is a terrible move with 50 accuracy. Consider replacing it with some other Fire type physical STAB, like Flare Blitz. The recoil might be a little troubling, but all physical Fire type attackers need it to deal proper damage. Item shouldn't focus on boosting one type of coverage; put Life Orb. Megahorn and Poison Jab are okay as coverage moves, but consider replacing for Wild Charge, which can allow Rapidash to take on Water types, or Drill Run/Low Kick, for Rock types. Protect is... questionable. It may be handy for scouting out the opponent's moves, but better utility comes in Morning Sun, which recovers HP, or Baton Pass, which acts as a delayed switch so you can choose a Pokemon after seeing if the opponent switched or kept in their Pokemon. Otherwise, you might as well fit a coverage move in that slot.

Espeon - Ability needs to be Magic Bounce, which is far superior to Synchronize. Adamant nature is also really bad, increasing Atk and lowering SpAtk. Get Timid to increase Spd and lower Atk. As a screen setter, EVs should focus on HP and Speed. Since you have Light Clay, you might as well run Dual Screens instead of just one, so put Reflect over Future Sight, which is generally too unreliable. Morning Sun might be alright for sustaining longevity, consider Yawn for a decent utility move that forces switches.

Lucario - Justified is the necessary ability for Mega Lucario, so you can switch Lucario in to get a boost off a Dark type move. Nature says Quick Claw(?), but regardless, you seem to be running physical (since Swords Dance), so use Jolly. Max EVs in Atk and Spd. Swagger is a generally unreliable move to use, and Lucario prefers attacking instead. Replace Flash Cannon and Swagger with Extremespeed/Bullet Punch and some coverage move, like Crunch or Ice Punch, to fully take advantage of any Swords Dance boosts you get.

Dragalge - Absolutely needs Adaptability, which greatly improves power of STAB moves. Rocky Helmet is a waste, Dragalge can be KOed by Earthquake, which doesn't even make activate it anyways. Put Choice Specs for power, or Black Sludge for longevity. Attack should be the imperfect IV. EVs should be in HP and Special Attack, although you can run a certain amount of Speed EVs to outrun certain threats, you can check Smogon spreads for details. Rain Dance and Aqua Tail are wasted slots, replace with STAB Sludge Wave and a coverage move like Focus Blast or Hidden Power Fire, if you're willing to breed for it. Dragon Pulse is an alright move, although Draco Meteor can bring more immediate power to nab some KOs that Pulse can't; this one's up to personal choice.

Honchkrow - Moxie is a fine ability. Change nature to Adamant for proper boost to physical Attack. Item should be Life Orb to secure high damage output. IVs should be excluding Special Attack, not physical. EVs are strange, you don't carry any special attack moves; max Atk and Spd. The moveset is good. Roost can be replaced by Superpower for coverage, but it's not an absolute must.

Gourgeist - Honestly, can't give much advice without knowing which size it is. I can say this much, though - have a nature reducing SpAtk, Bestow+Toxic Orb is a terrible combo that can only work on opponents not holding items (you'd need Trick, and even then, Gourgeist has access to Toxic and Will-o-Wisp anyway to be equivalent to orb Tricking), and make sure IVs exclude SpAtk.

ThatOneUnicorn

I'm a unicorn
First of all, if you want to have a proper team, then you're going to need the right 5 perfect IVs on each Pokemon, as well as the right nature. For example, your Honchkrow lacks a perfect Attack IV and has a Modest nature, which boosts Special Attack and lower Attack. This is a problem, as Honckhrow is primarily a physical attacker, and your moveset agrees with that. Check the natures page on Serebii if you're unsure of which natures you need. Most attackers have a nature lowering the offensive stat they don't use, and boosting Speed.

Rapidash - It's ability should be Flash Fire, so it can have one immunity that Rapidash can switch into for free, while also powering up its own Fire moves. Flame Body only has a 30% chance of activating, and you won't see Rapidash tanking any physical hits, anyway. Bold nature is really weird, as it lowers physical Attack, which Rapidash needs, and raises Defense, which is mostly futile. Run Jolly, to up that important Speed stat and lower Special Attack. IVs need to be perfect on everything but SpAtk. I understand you have Inferno, but that is a terrible move with 50 accuracy. Consider replacing it with some other Fire type physical STAB, like Flare Blitz. The recoil might be a little troubling, but all physical Fire type attackers need it to deal proper damage. Item shouldn't focus on boosting one type of coverage; put Life Orb. Megahorn and Poison Jab are okay as coverage moves, but consider replacing for Wild Charge, which can allow Rapidash to take on Water types, or Drill Run/Low Kick, for Rock types. Protect is... questionable. It may be handy for scouting out the opponent's moves, but better utility comes in Morning Sun, which recovers HP, or Baton Pass, which acts as a delayed switch so you can choose a Pokemon after seeing if the opponent switched or kept in their Pokemon. Otherwise, you might as well fit a coverage move in that slot.

Espeon - Ability needs to be Magic Bounce, which is far superior to Synchronize. Adamant nature is also really bad, increasing Atk and lowering SpAtk. Get Timid to increase Spd and lower Atk. As a screen setter, EVs should focus on HP and Speed. Since you have Light Clay, you might as well run Dual Screens instead of just one, so put Reflect over Future Sight, which is generally too unreliable. Morning Sun might be alright for sustaining longevity, consider Yawn for a decent utility move that forces switches.

Lucario - Justified is the necessary ability for Mega Lucario, so you can switch Lucario in to get a boost off a Dark type move. Nature says Quick Claw(?), but regardless, you seem to be running physical (since Swords Dance), so use Jolly. Max EVs in Atk and Spd. Swagger is a generally unreliable move to use, and Lucario prefers attacking instead. Replace Flash Cannon and Swagger with Extremespeed/Bullet Punch and some coverage move, like Crunch or Ice Punch, to fully take advantage of any Swords Dance boosts you get.

Dragalge - Absolutely needs Adaptability, which greatly improves power of STAB moves. Rocky Helmet is a waste, Dragalge can be KOed by Earthquake, which doesn't even make activate it anyways. Put Choice Specs for power, or Black Sludge for longevity. Attack should be the imperfect IV. EVs should be in HP and Special Attack, although you can run a certain amount of Speed EVs to outrun certain threats, you can check Smogon spreads for details. Rain Dance and Aqua Tail are wasted slots, replace with STAB Sludge Wave and a coverage move like Focus Blast or Hidden Power Fire, if you're willing to breed for it. Dragon Pulse is an alright move, although Draco Meteor can bring more immediate power to nab some KOs that Pulse can't; this one's up to personal choice.

Honchkrow - Moxie is a fine ability. Change nature to Adamant for proper boost to physical Attack. Item should be Life Orb to secure high damage output. IVs should be excluding Special Attack, not physical. EVs are strange, you don't carry any special attack moves; max Atk and Spd. The moveset is good. Roost can be replaced by Superpower for coverage, but it's not an absolute must.

Gourgeist - Honestly, can't give much advice without knowing which size it is. I can say this much, though - have a nature reducing SpAtk, Bestow+Toxic Orb is a terrible combo that can only work on opponents not holding items (you'd need Trick, and even then, Gourgeist has access to Toxic and Will-o-Wisp anyway to be equivalent to orb Tricking), and make sure IVs exclude SpAtk.

I did look at the serebii nature page while doing this. I just couldnt find a page that showed what iv each pokemon lacks in the first place. I already know bestow only works if the pokemon isn't holding an item, hence frisk.

I read everything and I'll totally change a few things about them, but I had those certain things for reason. I really appreciate you replying though, very helpful thank you :)

Last edited:

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Hey there bros, im certain this is the right place, if not let me know. So I made this team, and I would love any thoughts on it. This can be locked, mostly just needed a place to set the team up.

Rapidash
Ability: flash fire
Item: Life Orb/Muscle Band
Ivs: 5 - special attack
Moves: megahorn, Flate Blitz, wild charge, protect/Drill Run

Rapidash doesn't have the stats to go mixed. You should always go full physical. Flare Blitz allows it to put out a decent chunk of damage, and Drill Run gives it a little extra coverage.

Espeon
Ability: magic bounce
Nature: timid
Item: light clay
Ivs: 5 -attack
Evs: speed, hp
Moves: morning sun, reflect, psyshock, light screen

Espeon is good.

Lucario
Ability: inner focus
Item: megastone
Moves: close combat, crunch, extreme speed, swords dance

Why invest in Special Attack when you are using physical moves? It is completely wasting the Lucario's potential. Also, you should consider using its secondary steel STAB. It gets the Adaptability boost. With the boost, Bullet Punch has the same damage as Extreme Speed, and it has Super Effective coverage. If Extreme Speed needs to be kept, a regularly effective Iron Head will do the same amount of damage as a super effective Crunch. Just keep that in mind.

Dragalge
Ability: adaptability
Nature: modest
Item: choice specs
Evs: special attack, hp
Moves: sludge wave, focus blast, scald, draco meteor

Sadly, your IVs allow for Hidden Power Ice, so Fire is not an option. That being said, it looks decent.

Honchkrow
Ability: moxie
Nature: adamant
Item: sharp beak
Evs: speed, attack
Moves: brave bird, sucker punch, roost, pursuit

Never used it, so I can't really help with it.

Gourgeist
Ability: frisk
Nature: naive
Item: toxic orb
Evs: speed, defense
Moves: disable, bestow, destiny bond, phantom force

Your Bestow strategy won't work. Unless this is a purely ingame team, everyone carries items. It is an almost worthless strategy that shouldn't ever be used. Use Will-O-Wisp or Toxic instead of wasting an item slot and a move slot.

Comments in Bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.