• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY's pace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from all the fillers we're getting right now, we might be starting to slow down with the pace. I mean, it's apparently a long way to Grant's Gym. (I don't have the games, so...)

If anything, we could see probably one of the longest gaps in the anime's history. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, though...

LizardonX

Banned
Judging from all the fillers we're getting right now, we might be starting to slow down with the pace. I mean, it's apparently a long way to Grant's Gym. (I don't have the games, so...)

If anything, we could see probably one of the longest gaps in the anime's history. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, though...

I can say with certainty that it won't be beating out the smowpoint to sunnyshore gap in terms of quality anytime soon.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Hopefully with XY being like AG, the Kalos region will be paced similar to Hoenn.

Hoenn itself was only 130 episodes, and there weren't any huge gaps between Gyms. But then again there were Contest episodes to pad out the gaps, and Serena doesn't have anything like that again.

Hopefully XY is the new AG in terms of pacing.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hopefully with XY being like AG, the Kalos region will be paced similar to Hoenn.

Hoenn itself was only 130 episodes, and there weren't any huge gaps between Gyms. But then again there were Contest episodes to pad out the gaps, and Serena doesn't have anything like that again.

Hopefully XY is the new AG in terms of pacing.

Yeah I hope so too. I dont want a post league series or another BW2 kind of series, it should just be 1 series this gen.

dman_dustin

I'd like it to be fairly long, personally.

Have Ash catch all the Pokemon he will by gym three, and then focus on evolutions of those Pokemon or even captures for Clemont/Serena.

I want it long, so that there can be enough development for the Pokemon, so it won't be a surprise, when Ash has some nice fully evolved Pokemon for the league.

If Ash needs an additional capture, it can happen right after the 6th gym, but I still want Ash with a full team prior to that.

Hoenn was painful, in that regards. I want it like DP in some instances, except move the very final capture for Ash (his 6th Kalos caught Pokemon) to be after the 6th gym.

That way if the pacing is padded nicely with development episodes, this could be a really good generation.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
DP got away with being long by having multiple rivals and a Contest arc, Serena is not a co-star so there's no way that's happening again.

A saga doesn't need to be any longer than 130 episodes. Any longer than Hoenn and it becomes Johto filler land or too stretched out like Sinnoh.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
DP got away with being long by having multiple rivals and a Contest arc, Serena is not a co-star so there's no way that's happening again.

A saga doesn't need to be any longer than 130 episodes. Any longer than Hoenn and it becomes Johto filler land or too stretched out like Sinnoh.

I agree with about 130-140 episodes, but it also needs to be distributed right too, unlike unova. The league should have its last episode no more than 10 episodes(at most) out of the last episode of the saga. Have all the captures and evolutions spread out well too so we don't end having no team change for the last year+ of the saga.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I hope this series will be long because I am loving the cast and region. As long as the episodes are well executed and are different than previous plot points, I wouldn't mind filler episodes that much. Given how long it'll take to reach the second gym, and all the different towns in this region, it might just be a long one.

I'd like it to be fairly long, personally.

Have Ash catch all the Pokemon he will by gym three, and then focus on evolutions of those Pokemon or even captures for Clemont/Serena.

I want it long, so that there can be enough development for the Pokemon, so it won't be a surprise, when Ash has some nice fully evolved Pokemon for the league.

If Ash needs an additional capture, it can happen right after the 6th gym, but I still want Ash with a full team prior to that.

Hoenn was painful, in that regards. I want it like DP in some instances, except move the very final capture for Ash (his 6th Kalos caught Pokemon) to be after the 6th gym.

That way if the pacing is padded nicely with development episodes, this could be a really good generation.

PRECISELY what I had in mind. DP pacing would give the saga a lot of time to dish out the character development and some good episodes.

I just hope we don't get major gaps between Gym battles, or at least the gaps will be filled up somewhat by whatever goal Serena plans on pursuing.

LizardonX

Banned
They can't do DP pacing again.

For one Kalos has less areas to get through than sinnoh ( to think they probably could have a platinum arc on the battle zome after the main DP arc...)

The second is that there's no sidekick quest possible that could receive equal weight with the gyms.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What I hope: actual substance.

What I expect: a bland filler extravaganza.

That's basically what I except in terms of episode quality unfortunately. [IMG139]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/truckscraggy/miketea.gif[/IMG139]

Anyway, I don't expect the actual pacing of XY to be like AG's pacing. I've seen a lot of XY/AG comparisons, but I don't think XY's length will match AG's. I mean for starters there are only 70 or so new Pokemon, which means that the writers don't have that many new Pokemon to showcase. And even with mega evolutions, I can't see XY lasting more than 100 episodes.

That's basically what I except in terms of episode quality unfortunately. [IMG139]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/truckscraggy/miketea.gif[/IMG139]

Anyway, I don't expect the actual pacing of XY to be like AG's pacing. I've seen a lot of XY/AG comparisons, but I don't think XY's length will match AG's. I mean for starters there are only 70 or so new Pokemon, which means that the writers don't have that many new Pokemon to showcase. And even with mega evolutions, I can't see XY lasting more than 100 episodes.

Now that you say that, I really wonder how the writers will spread XY out now. If they do plan on producing more than 100 episodes, then sadly, I see fillers occupying over half of the saga.

Let's just hope that Serena's goal or the TF arc or the Mega Evolution mystery (or hopefully all three) fill those up considerably!

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
Worst case scenario: the series has DP length, Serena has no real goal other than Ash, and none of the main cast have anything resembling a rival.

Prepare yourselves mentally.

LizardonX

Banned
Worst case scenario: the series has DP length, Serena has no real goal other than Ash, and none of the main cast have anything resembling a rival.

Prepare yourselves mentally.

So at least 150 eps of filler?

Well then.

But hopefully it doesn't come down to that. Maybe they can do a realistic battle maison tourney where they show ash battling 49 trainers all onscreen to burn time.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
They will probably feature old Pokémon along with new ones, or make various episodes which will feature the same species. They don't have to show a new Pokémon in every single episode, you know.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I expect many fillers in XY to be honest. From the beginning I was prepared for that scenario. Also, I'm sure many episodes of XY will involve Gen 1-5 Pokemon to make up for the small amount of new Pokemon, but I'm not at all thrilled about that since we've seen practically every Gen 1-5 Pokemon before. I really don't want more episodes focusing on them.

RickHoenn

Banned
I think it'll be a 20-25 episode gap to reach Grant's gym, then the rest of the gaps until Gym 8 can be 10-15 episodes long, that would fill a 140+ episode saga like BW but focusing all of its episodes on Kalos instead of doing filler arcs like Decolora.

I'm almost sure this will be a 3 year generation again and that's fine by me, in 2016 (possible 7th generation) there should be more than 70 pkmn!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I expect many fillers in XY to be honest. From the beginning I was prepared for that scenario. Also, I'm sure many episodes of XY will involve Gen 1-5 Pokemon to make up for the small amount of new Pokemon, but I'm not at all thrilled about that since we've seen practically every Gen 1-5 Pokemon before. I really don't want more episodes focusing on them.

I understand fillers, but I was hoping Ash would catch one pokemon after another like he did in Kanto and Unova so that things don't drag with battles and training.

Shiny pokemon lower

How long this saga will last Depends much on when the gen 7 games comes out. And if they remake R/S/E the writers will probably make some fillers with focus on the Hoehn pokemon. I want a saga with good character Development (of both humans and main pokemon) good Battles, a long legaue and whihout pointless. (They annoying me.)
For Ash, I hope he catch a lot of pokemon like did in Unova and I hope do it better training so many pokemon now. I also hope he uses some of his old pokemon sometimes. He have pokemon which can maga evolve and use them in the Kalos legaue. That way he could always have Battle ready pokemon and could let the newly used pokemon recover.
For Serena hope she sort of master that riding goal and that she gets some decent riding pokemon. Clemont and Bonnie are fine the way they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.