• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY's pace

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

I personally think this series will be paced like AG, and a filler saga, either in Kalos, or in another past region is likely to follow to take up the remaining time between the end of XY and Gen 7.

I personally think this series will be paced like AG, and a filler saga, either in Kalos, or in another past region is likely to follow to take up the remaining time between the end of XY and Gen 7.

If there's really RSE remakes in the making, then it could be something related to Hoenn. I hope so.

With 69 pokemon revealed, i honestly hope that we'll get something bigger and not really expected before or after the league just like Battle Frontier.
Or at least an Arc completely different from what we used to see and a good one too.

With 69 pokemon revealed, i honestly hope that we'll get something bigger and not really expected before or after the league just like Battle Frontier.
Or at least an Arc completely different from what we used to see and a good one too.

Well, a lot of Pokemon from previous generations prominently live in Kalos too, so I think we'll be seeing filler episodes focused on them. They did that with Rhyhorn, a Gen I Pokemon, today.

Although I do hope this paves the way for some interesting story arcs, especially one about a certain villainous team...

Aura7541

A mixture of AG and DP will be nice. BW's pacing was too fast (though that was actually good thing because BW was so bad...).

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Either 3 or 4 years, and it'll only be 1 series in XY.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Now I think it will be around 3 ½ or 4 years, which may or may not include a secondary quest after the League.

Last edited:

Galvantula1992

If we're to follow the pattern of every other region having a filler saga, which would mean that this region doesn't have a filler saga, then I think that this region will last for 4 years like Sinnoh. It was the longest region and it's longest gap between 2 gyms was 1 year. Unova, on the other hand, with a filler saga, had a longest gym gap of 6 months. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Ash won't defeat the Cyllage Gym until August 2014, with it being the longest gym gap in the region. I feel as though a 1 year gap being too long (as in Sinnoh) for a saga which lasts 4 years with no filler therefore 9 months for Kalos (which I think will last for 4 years with no filler) is fair.

fitzy909

Just another guy
If we're to follow the pattern of every other region having a filler saga, which would mean that this region doesn't have a filler saga, then I think that this region will last for 4 years like Sinnoh. It was the longest region and it's longest gap between 2 gyms was 1 year. Unova, on the other hand, with a filler saga, had a longest gym gap of 6 months. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Ash won't defeat the Cyllage Gym until August 2014, with it being the longest gym gap in the region. I feel as though a 1 year gap being too long (as in Sinnoh) for a saga which lasts 4 years with no filler therefore 9 months for Kalos (which I think will last for 4 years with no filler) is fair.

Maybe not that long for the gap between the first two gyms. I know there is a very large story gap in the games, but that seems a bit much...or maybe it isn't. i might just be thinking that's too long because i want it to be quicker.

Galvantula1992

I reckon the gym schedule will go something like this:
Santalune Gym - November 2013
Cyllage Gym - August 2014
Shalour Gym - December 2014
Coumarine Gym - May 2015
Lumiose Gym - September 2015
Laverre Gym - February 2016
Anistar Gym - June 2016
Snowbelle Gym - December 2016

Then, the league will be in early 2017 and the next generation will start in mid 2017.

LizardonX

Banned
I reckon the gym schedule will go something like this:
Santalune Gym - November 2013
Cyllage Gym - August 2014
Shalour Gym - December 2014
Coumarine Gym - May 2015
Lumiose Gym - September 2015
Laverre Gym - February 2016
Anistar Gym - June 2016
Snowbelle Gym - December 2016

Then, the league will be in early 2017 and the next generation will start in mid 2017.

You are being way too optimistic about the length of a generation that only brought 72 pokemon to the table.

You are being way too optimistic about the length of a generation that only brought 72 pokemon to the table.

Which did so because Kalos is supposed to reflect some sort of multiculturalism due to the fact that Pokemon from all six generations reside in that one region.

We can have all of those filler episodes focused on old Pokemon too; they already did it with the Rhyhorn Racing episode, so it'd probably make sense if XY lasted that long.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

...For now...

For all we know X could will pump more out mid gen. Sure it is odd but I would not say impossible. Unless Megas are counting towards "new pokemon" in the eyes of GF.

LizardonX

Banned
Which did so because Kalos is supposed to reflect some sort of multiculturalism due to the fact that Pokemon from all six generations reside in that one region.

We can have all of those filler episodes focused on old Pokemon too; they already did it with the Rhyhorn Racing episode, so it'd probably make sense if XY lasted that long.

All the regions have had pokemon from all generations when they were released. It doesn't mean hoenn is some bastion of multicultralism because you can catch oddish, phanpy, and wingull in the same region.

...For now...

For all we know X could will pump more out mid gen. Sure it is odd but I would not say impossible. Unless Megas are counting towards "new pokemon" in the eyes of GF.

Then it would not be gen 6, but rather gen 7. Which means Ash leaving behind kalos and everything in it for a new girl, a new gym leader, and a new league.

All the regions have had pokemon from all generations when they were released. It doesn't mean hoenn is some bastion of multicultralism because you can catch oddish, phanpy, and wingull in the same region.

But there seems to be much more even distribution. Plus, there's Mega Evolutions, which could potentially take time away from fillers.

Doesn't matter, unova had 156 and they still got through it all. Plus Bw2 had that even distribution going on.

Still, there'll undoubtedly be filler episodes focused on old Pokemon and Mega Evolutions, so I don't think XY will be even shorter than BW. Maybe around its length at least.

fitzy909

Just another guy
Still, there'll undoubtedly be filler episodes focused on old Pokemon and Mega Evolutions, so I don't think XY will be even shorter than BW. Maybe around its length at least.

I would agree. There will be plenty of episodes focused on mega evos. It gives them reason to focus on older pokemon, so i think that this series will be of a similar length, possibly longer.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
judging from the series, since it only contained 69 new pokemon, i think it will have a longer series than any other pokemon, why i think they might reintroduce some old pokemons along the way and if that happens, that may take longer than 4 years for the series to end

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
judging from the series, since it only contained 69 new pokemon, i think it will have a longer series than any other pokemon, why i think they might reintroduce some old pokemons along the way and if that happens, that may take longer than 4 years for the series to end
Lol, the longest? First, I don't see the logic in how the lest amount of pokemon so far would equal the longest saga. Really the only factor to how long the saga lasts is how the games go. If there are no remakes this gen and then just one/two other games like usual, there series will at most be BW length. Appearently ash is also going to fight clemont fairly early, and he usually never gets the fourth badge like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.