• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

XY's pace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I think it will last four years. The first year, as we know is X and Y, the second year is going to be OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, and if my calculations are correct, we should be getting FireRed and LeafGreen remakes in the third year, and the third version of X and Y in the fourth and final year before the next generation begins.

What? How exactly do you know we're getting gen 1 remakes.

If we were to get a gen remake, that would be the perfect excuse to have Ash go back to Kanto and re-challenge the Kanto League. If Lucian's quote about Ash having to win his home region League to get to the Champion League is true, that would be a perfect time to do it.

nuzamaki90

There is no way GameFreak will remake a remake. They've updated Kanto twice so far in FRLG and HGSS, they aren't going to do it again.

KKS-Lapras

There is no way GameFreak will remake a remake. They've updated Kanto twice so far in FRLG and HGSS, they aren't going to do it again.

I wouldn't count it out, since it hasn't been done in 3d, on the 3DS yet. I'd prefer they just do a Gen 2 style game with both Kanto and Johto to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Red and Blue

I highly doubt we're getting a Gen 1 and 2 remake on the 3DS. Especially before Z or Gen 7 is announced.

King Charizard

I highly doubt we're getting a Gen 1 and 2 remake on the 3DS. Especially before Z or Gen 7 is announced.

I have a feeling Gen 7 is gonna take a while especially with how great their games currently look. They can milk it for a while.

Red and Blue

I have a feeling Gen 7 is gonna take a while especially with how great their games currently look. They can milk it for a while.

Which is why we have Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and eventually Z to keep us occupied until Gen 7 is announced.

I think it'd be nice if they make this short but not so much. Just right to let the development happen without making it too long. It's unacceptable that this would be longer than Hoenn or Sinnoh since it doesn't even have a sidequest like Contests.

That being said, I think it'd be cool if they go back to Hoenn after this if it will be short. Then Ash's goal will be something related to a new feature added in the rumored Pokemon Z, but placed in Hoenn like they did with the Battle Frontier. Double advertisement then, though this time the remakes came first so it'd be weird being late with the region. Though I don't mind :D

Serena should so do Contests if they have nothing else good planned for her (I think many if not all could agree that it's better if she could do Contests than nothing) but let her start in the next region. XY could be the build-up for the goal she wants, until in the end we see her finally decide what she wants to do in her life. (Besides travel with Ash)

Who wouldn't want to see the XY gang prolonged? They should make it a tradition that all four-member groups get extended for another region (Well not really since original trio did it with Johto. Sinnoh just broke the trend)

Oh and so many old characters can appear again in Hoenn if they want. Of course May, and maybe Dawn if they want to show her still traveling there. There's also Iris if she did go there for Rayquaza.

So basically to sum my post I want it to be not that short but short enough and sweet so it can get extended. :D (sorry if off-topic)

KKS-Lapras

Those plus probable spin-off games. The XY saga has tons of ground to cover already without remakes of remakes.

The only thing is though, past regions and generations, outside of Hoenn, are in-accessible on the 3DS, I feel like there's a good chance that Gens 1, 2, and 4 are all strong candidates for remakes on the 3DS.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The only thing is though, past regions and generations, outside of Hoenn, are in-accessible on the 3DS, I feel like there's a good chance that Gens 1, 2, and 4 are all strong candidates for remakes on the 3DS.

D/P/Pt and HG/SS can be played on the 3DS and they cover Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto already.

KKS-Lapras

D/P/Pt and HG/SS can be played on the 3DS and they cover Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto already.

It's not the same man, they're not in 3D, and you have to consider, the mechanics in ORAS are going to be different then those of Ruby and Sapphire, in a way that the remakes of Gens 1 and 2 didn't cover.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
It's not the same man, they're not in 3D, and you have to consider, the mechanics in ORAS are going to be different then those of Ruby and Sapphire, in a way that the remakes of Gens 1 and 2 didn't cover.

We don't need Gen 1/2 ReRemakes anytime soon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This series will be at least 3 years, maybe 3 and a half years. I think we'll have about 2 years in Kalos while the remaining year and a half will be back in Hoenn for a post league arc for the ORAS remakes.

I really don't see a frlg remake as hgss can advertise for Kanto and they are still playable on the 3ds.

Hikatoshi26

The only remake i see coming possibly after gen 3's is another Gen 1 remake... It would be a giant cash cow because Gen 1 and Gen 3 are most peoples entry generations. Also with AS/OR now Gen 1 is the only game not to experience the Physical/Special split brought to us in Gen 4. Since I dont expect a Sinnoh remake for quite some time(needs a new handheld maybe Z would provide hints) another Kanto remake i could see and it would well received because its gen 1...

Red and Blue

The only remake i see coming possibly after gen 3's is another Gen 1 remake... It would be a giant cash cow because Gen 1 and Gen 3 are most peoples entry generations. Also with AS/OR now Gen 1 is the only game not to experience the Physical/Special split brought to us in Gen 4. Since I dont expect a Sinnoh remake for quite some time(needs a new handheld maybe Z would provide hints) another Kanto remake i could see and it would well received because its gen 1...

I won't completely dismiss the idea of a Gen 1 remake, but I can't see it happening until at least sometime in the late future. Especially not before Gen 7 is announced.

nameman

What would they name it? Also, this is off-topic a bit.

nuzamaki90

Well, no one thought sequel versions were possible until Black and White 2 came out, so anything's possible.

What? A lot of people thought that. I even thought that would might get sequels because Gen 5 was a lot like Gen 1. I didn't think it was likely, and I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't expecting Gray instead, because I was, but I had that thought in the back of my head just like other people.

Remaking a remake is redundant and there is no need to. If people really want Kanto in 3D, they could always go to Santalune Forest since it's literally a 3D version of Viridian Forest :p

But you know what, if GameFreak do decide to release a 12/13th title with Kanto in it, then so be it. They'd just be beating on a dead horse.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This series will be at least 3 years, maybe 3 and a half years. I think we'll have about 2 years in Kalos while the remaining year and a half will be back in Hoenn for a post league arc for the ORAS remakes.

I agree except for the last part. I personally doubt that Ash will go back to Hoenn for OR/AS promo; by the time Ash's Kalos adventure is over, OR/AS won't need promo anymore imo. XY could still last 2-3 years though in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.