• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

y do people think pokemons 4 little kids?

Kecleon King

Enterprise Captain
people seem to have this idea that when you get above 12/13 youll never be into pokemon ever again or summat stupid but im 16 now and still a fan anyone over the age of 13 please share your thoughts on this

kiddragon

Giratina 4eva!
i no most of my mates think im a little kid too but im almost 14

Billy--

Ghoul Admin Billy
so what!!! im 14 and i wont put the games down thats why wen i get married im making sure my wife likes video games and pokemon( sadly my brother got married to a video gamer girl) and im 14 and i love it still!!!

Arbok

aka Arbok
The anime is for little kids. Ehm, yes. It's too childish. But hey the game isn't and everyone who's talking about 'Pokémon is for little kids' did never played the game, I guess.

Jerre

Gogoat!
I'm 20 and i like Pokémon. Mostly people think that Pokémon is for kids because they see that Pokémon is entertaining little kids. Normally it's main target is children from 6 to 12. Mostly they say that the anime is aimed at kids, but it has also older audiences that looking at it, like me.

There are hundreds of people that are Pokémon fans in the 20's or even 30's or older. Here on this Forum you will find also fans in the mid/late 20's 30's. I have seen a few here

Mostly people will diss or making fun of corporations that come from Japan that has creatures in it. Pokémon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Etc...

Tyranidos

i am turning 14, and i still like the game. i don't announce it to the world, but when people find out, i don't really care what they say because the games are still fun and for older people. my friend 2 years ago was like 14 (he is almost 16 now) liked pokemon.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
If Pokemon had stayed a computer game then it would be fine. When a cartoon with basic plotlines and poor characters (in the dub atleast) came along, followed by masses and masses of toys, and lunch boxes, and cereal and socks, and everything they could possibly put a smiling face of Pikachu on suddenly appeared it fell into merchanidse hell and became a kids thing.

The exact same thing is happening with the new incarnation of Doctor Who.

Sharpedo Boy

< Don't take drugs!
Anyone can enjoy pokemon.

DomeFossil

~awaits new Sugi art
Say it with me , sPPF. A-N-I-M-E. The anime. That's why people think poeymans is for little'uns.

Sharpedo Boy

< Don't take drugs!
That's why we have anime discussion.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Mostly because of the anime, and the fact that the games are created by Nintendo, which in people's heads are just mostly kids' games.

It's the dubbed anime that does it, IMO..if it stayed japanese only..

pikablue

ooh, pretty colors!
i don't care, and blame 4kids for the bad publicity.
im 15, i have lots of friends, and i still play pokemon:D

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
People think that Pokemon is for little kids because Pokemon is for little kids, in both Japan and America. Nothing's stopping you from liking it as you get older, but please don't deny that Pokemon is, in fact, for little kids. That includes the games, anime, AND manga, no matter how mature you think they are.