• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[ $ Y e r p y ]

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
troop_41.jpg

Yerpy!
Everybody clear out, hand me the rock Time winding down 3 seconds on the shot clock Break the defense homeboy I can't be stopped All about my money so you know I'm hitting bank shots I'm trying to tell them, boy you can't guard this Beast on the court homeboy I play the hardest Jump shot stupid, yeah it's retarded You can't guard me in the paint I'm an artistSee I hustle on the floor call me Rick Ross See the Troop get it jumping like a tip-off I play hard until I hear the ref blow the whistle I'm a player but my game be so official Never reach got to stay out of foul trouble But I drive in the lane, get them in foul trouble They cant solve my game I'm a hard puzzle But I keep three dimes that's a triple double​

$ $ $

This is a revised version of my newest team, and honestly one of my favorites.
I am still a little rusty and would like all the help I can get so feel free to comment. This is a very offensively
minded team. At first it was started around a Magnezone, Celebi VoltTurn core. As the team evolved this became
less and less stressed, to the point as you see now, Celebi is no longer a team member. The team works to gain
momentum and take out the opponent fast through the powerhouse VoltTurn core of Magnezone, Landorus, and Scizor.
286.gif
)(
639.gif
)(
73.gif
)(
645.gif
)(
212.gif
)(
462.gif

Spr_b_5b_286.png

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Seed Bomb
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Spore

Breloom replaced the old Conkeldurr. I realized that my team had a huge weakness to Scarf Landorus. Breloom helped with that a little bit. Breloom can take all sorts of hit from Landorus and can 2HKO with STAB Seed Bomb. Breloom also in the same role of Conkeldurr in a lot of ways. Breloom can act as a status absorber, and obviously a Bulk Up sweeper. With Spore Breloom can become very annoying. Spore can also buy Breloom time to set up with Bulk Up. Breloom so far has been a good asset to the team. It doesn't have the power off the bat like Conkledurr which I miss, but it has worked very effectively. Breloom has great survivabilty, especially at +1 or more. Poison Heal allows me to gain a huge chunk of health each turn, combined with the recovery from a very strong Drain Punch, Breloom gains a lot of health back.

Possible Changes / Changes Made :

-

Spr_b_5b_639.png

Terrakion (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide / __________

Terrakion replaced Salamence. Makes for a great late game clean up. Terrakion wrecks everything with its STAB Close Combat coming off the monster attack. X-scissor reliably beats Psychic's like Lati@s. Stone Edge gets another STAB and beats Dragonite, and other flying pokemon. In the final slot I have Rock Slide, though I think I could get some more production out of something else, though I'm not sure what.

- Back to Scarf Mence

73.png

Tentacruel (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain

I have 1 word to describe offensive Tentacruel. Beast. I have never used offensive Tentacruel before, and I really wish I had. It is so amazing. No one expects it and it just demolishes guys. With liquid ooze as my ability I can get Calm Mind Virizon to kill itself when it Giga Drains me, and also can use Conkeldurr against itself when it tries to Drain Punch one of my teammates. Tentacruel provides the allmighty Rapid Spin support which is needed for an offensive team like this that relies on switching so much. STAB Hydro Pump is very strong and my main attacking option. Ice Beam has great accuracy and allows me to get Surprise Kills on Gliscor and Dragonite who come in expecting to outspeed and KO me with Earthquake. Tentacruel also gets a speed tie with the scarce Salamences out there which can be useful. Giga Drain provides me with a way to take down your water types, and is especially useful if I get against a Gastrodon attempting to take all my hits with impunity and threaten the KO with a STAB ground attack. As I said earlier Tentacruel is just a beast, there is no other way to describe him. He has pulled me out of many holes. No one tends to expect the Offensive Tentacruel and it costs them dearly.

462.png

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 152 HP / 180 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Magic Coat
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

This Magnezone is much more reliable vs Steel-types and Magic Coat allows you to salvage some hazards vs helpless steels. With Terrakion around, Magnezone won't need to be relied upon to revenge kill Dragon Dance Gyarados. Magnezone helps to possibly get me some entry hazards, as they are liked for the team, but I couldn't find a place to fit them in. For example Magnezone switches in on Ferrothorn / Skarmory. They know they're going to die and can't go anywhere so they just try to get up some spikes before their tragic death. That's when I use Magic Coat and hit them with their own hazards. Magic Coat also allows Magnezone to reflect back things like taunt or status moves the opponent is trying to inflict on Magnezone. HP Fire is the main thing that makes Magnezone so good against Scizor and Ferrothorn. Substitute is also a great way to set up on Ferrothorn. Thunderbolt is the main STAB. This Magnezones fulfills its role almost every match. The only problem he has is with 252 spe Scizor who outspeeds and KO's him with Super Power.

212.png

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower

Scizor replaced Celebi in the VoltTurn core. Celebi didn't seem to be pulling its weight so I went with your classic U-turn'er. Choice Band Scizor has been the #1 used Pokemon many times and for good reason. Its sheer power right off the bat, coupled with priority STAB Technician boosted Bullet Punch threatens a huge amount of Pokemon. Pursuit is a great move and it traps and KO's common Ghosts and Psychics such as Reuniclus, Gengar, and Lati@s who aren't carrying HP Fire. Super Power rounds off coverage, giving it something to hit Steels with. U-turn, as stated earlier works right into the teams core. Nabbing STAB off it isn't too bad with Scizor's massive attack, and the fact it helps me to keep momentum just seals the deal. Scizor came into the team late, but has been welcomed with open arms. It has worked greatly into the core, and it has very nice synergy as well.

Spr_b_5b_645.png

Landorus @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 spA / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpA)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus has replaced Azelf, at least for now. It is a nice way to take advantage of Sand Storm teams. With STAB and possible sand, Earthquake is an imensely strong move. HP Ice is a great coverage move and allows me to kill Gliscor dragons. U-turn is a great scouting move and fits into the voltturn very well. With expert belt Landorus can gain many surprise KO's as a lot of Landorrus now are Scarf'd. Overall Landorus hasn't had too much time to play with the team but it has done well. The main problem with the switch to Landorus is the lack of Stealth Rock damage.

- Possible : Back to Azelf

Thank You For Reading, Please Rate My Team, I Will Take Any Advice

MasterShaKe108

I would suggest terrikions 4th move by either sacred sword or quick attack. Especially where you are using him to sweep late game their may be instances where you don't need the extra power of close combat or more unlikely you might be hitting a pokemon whos increased their defenses with bulk up or w.e which sacred sword ignores. I realize quick attack has pathetic damage output but sometimes you just need that last little bit of damage on a pokemon with a higher base speed or has increased their speed. I was also thinking maybe you should try to give you breloom substitute but im not sure what move u would replace for it drainpunch is powerful but focus punch is just nasty compared to it. His bulk up set is stellar its just something to consider.

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I'll try out Sacred Sword, sounds like it might help. I find myself never using Rock Slide, though it is there to kill off weakened Dragonite, Salamence, and Gyarados where a Stone Edge miss would screw me over. And I think I'll stick with the current Bulk Up Breloom set. I've just had so much success with it, and I don't really want to see Breloom change. I think he's fulfilled his role well so far and being my only set-up sweeper, he has found himself single-handedly winning matches for me.