• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yagami's Team

yagami69

feel free to make suggestions, the team is for DPPt, i know that HGSS will affect some of the pokemons in this team, this team is item clause compatible

Lead
;461;Weavile@ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Night Slash

i have choose adamant nature cause he has 2 quick moves, i have tried the jolly nature but that needs Sword Dance to work, but i'm taking Weavile as my lead and not a sweeper

special wall
;073;Tentacruel@ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes

i have included him in my team first for the rapid spin, it saves my strategy when i want to counter attack with lucario, removing the stones or spikes, smogon based

late game killer
;448;Lucario@ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 128 Atk/252 Spd/128 SAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Blaze Kick
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Dark Pulse

the main idea is to blast them off with close combat and then bullet punch for anything that he can't take down in 1 hit, mixed for making descent damage to physical walls if they are not at full hp or take the supereffective damage from Dark Pulse

physical wall
;450;Hippowdon@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Roar

pseudo-hazer for dragon dancers/sword dancers and stealth rock for a little more damage, smogon based

;485;Heatran@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower
- Ancientpower

heatran is for type coverage, it has no explosion cause i have more physical choises to make in my party

mixed sweeper
;230;Kingdra@ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP/128 Atk/36 Def/56 Spd/36 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Facade
this is based on my classic EV distribution from GBA, it was a great counter for salamence in that generation, it has balanced defenses, can take a few hits, except for outrage-dragons of today, again draco meteor a special move to surprice physical walls

again any suggestion is welcome, the point is to know and minimize the weaknesses of the team

Final

I Submit to No One
feel free to make suggestions, the team is for DPPt, i know that HGSS will affect some of the pokemons in this team, this team is item clause compatible

Lead
;461;Weavile@ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Hasty nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Counter
- Night Slash

i have choose adamant nature cause he has 2 quick moves, i have tried the jolly nature but that needs Sword Dance to work, but i'm taking Weavile as my lead and not a sweeper

If leading with Weavile, this is the set you should be using. This set beats all sorts of leads. Azelf and Aerodactyl meet a Fake Out followed by Night Slash and Ice Shard respectively and Metagross leads get their assaults literally Countered back at them.

special wall
;073;Tentacruel@ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes

i have included him in my team first for the rapid spin, it saves my strategy when i want to counter attack with lucario, removing the stones or spikes, smogon based

Fine.

late game killer
;448;Lucario@ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Blaze Kick
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Crunch / Stone Edge / Ice Punch

the main idea is to blast them off with close combat and then bullet punch for anything that he can't take down in 1 hit, mixed for making descent damage to physical walls if they are not at full hp or take the supereffective damage from Dark Pulse

This is probably the best late-game sweeper in OU. Swords Dance and wreck stuff with Close Combat, snare faster opponents with ExtremeSpeed and Crunch Ghosts, Stone Edge Gyarados and Salamence or Ice Punch Gliscor. Crunch is probably the best since it provides the best type coverage with Lucario's other moves. Mixed Attacking is done better by Infernape and Salamence. At best, Lucario can use it to beat up its usual counters. Anyway, use the given EV spread and an Adamant Nature and have Life Orb as the hold item.

physical wall
;450;Hippowdon@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Roar

pseudo-hazer for dragon dancers/sword dancers and stealth rock for a little more damage, smogon based

Fine.

;485;Heatran@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

heatran is for type coverage, it has no explosion cause i have more physical choises to make in my party

AncientPower is rubbish. Use Dragon Pulse over it as it covers the Dragons that resist everything else. It gives Heatran a move to hit Dragons with while still having Hidden Power [Grass] for Swampert.

mixed sweeper
;230;Kingdra@ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 176 Spe
Mild / Lonely nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Surf
this is based on my classic EV distribution from GBA, it was a great counter for salamence in that generation, it has balanced defenses, can take a few hits, except for outrage-dragons of today, again draco meteor a special move to surprice physical walls

This is how you should be using Mixed Kingdra. It honestly works much better with Rain but its still good. Its STAB moves provide excellent type coverage resisted only by Empoleon and Shedinja. Shedinja is completely walled by Hippowdon and ruined by Stealth Rock and Emploeon eats a Close Combat from Lucario or an Earth Power from Heatran. Hidden Power [Electric] is an option for covering Empoleon but I wouldn't know what to put it over. Use a Mild or Lonely Nature with the given EV spread. Life Orb is the best hold item for this set but I wouldn't know what else to give it if playing under Item Clause.

again any suggestion is welcome, the point is to know and minimize the weaknesses of the team

Suggestions bolded. Hope they help.

Last edited:

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Weavile needs sash and counter since it is frail. Dragon pulse over ancient power on heatran. Luca needs life orb as sr ruin sash. Facade is rubbish.