• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yamato-sanzu Nyuuiaazu Rezoryuushon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
OK, get this. My New Year's resolution is that, starting New Year's, I will speak in Engrish on the forums for the whole year.... er, month.... er, week. Yeah, I will type all my posts in Engrish (with translations in spoilers... click them if you can't figure them out) between 12:00 AM January 1 and 12:00 AM January 8, California time (-8:00, I think). I'd love to hear your comments about this, whether you support my cause or consider it f***ing insanity in its purest form. And if you've got any questions, post them here.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
who the hell knows. I figure it'd be alright if I post translations.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
The best way too make an authentic Engrish sentence is too type English into Babelfish, translate into Japanese, then back to English....

or, as Babelfish puts it:

The best method in English in Japanese excessively type English which is excessively, translates the Engrish secure sentence in Babelfish, and it makes..

IMO, of course. I haven't mastered Level 10 Engrish yet, My College only teaches up too basic phrases.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I'm not doing the "awkward sentence" type of Engrish. I'm just gonna go with transliterating words as they would be spelled in katakana.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
aw, come on... for one day, at least? I wanna try something gimmicky.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
perhaps Mr. Sell B just doesn't realize how much Engrish is FTW. I wish he could reply to my one day offer, at the very least.

Well, if you do decide to be a killjoy, could I ask you at least keep this thread open? If I've got no Engrish to be announcing, I could at least use this forum where posts aren't counted to have people comment on the new sig I intend to replace it with (originally planned for January 8th). Kojirou, I know you'll like this sig.

Je suis meilleur

Riri?
Ai zinku itsu tyuu haado.

I did it wrong. -_-;

Anyway; wouldn't it get too hard? Perhaps hard is not the word; boring after while?

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
As for me rather than the writing actual Engrish being many pleasures, margin fair writing which is rubbed katakana thinks of romanised thing. Still, the thing which limits that to doing between that of the margin all year which is rubbed is good to 1 from day or week. If you think if if when you want somewhere, you visit that frequently there, there is a forum always in Engrish.com. The good main thing, I agree Serebii concerning what...

So, in other words - go for real Engrish, not romanised katakana but make it a one-day thing, not all year.

Itto izzu matchi bettaa zan taipingu raiku ei dikkuheddo azu ai amu duuingu.

You could be like Jim Crocodile Cook, a stylish character from Yu-Gi-Oh GX Season 3 who speaks in Engrish sometimes including: "Yay", "Sorry" and his nickname for Tyranno Kenzan "Dino Boy".

Interesting idea though, but I dunno after a few days it will get somewhat annoying....but interesting to say the least.

Good luck XD.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
So, the Yamato sun. I read the history of your post, became aware and there was no single post of Engrish. You forget your plan, or you decided exactly vis-a-vis that?

Merit, I enjoy the fact that it types completely with Engrish.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I still never got any confirmation back from Serebii about letting me do it for a day, so I decided to screw it. Instead, I changed my sig, whatcha think? XD

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yamato-san, why are you rarely in the anime section nowadays?

I rarely ever see you commenting on the episodes that just aired in Japan or the new episode titles anymore, haven't since AG ended.

Does the D/P series not interest you as much or something?

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
less time on my hands (I finally found some damn employment a few months ago). I decide to bypass the episode discussion threads in particular because I prefer to read through a thread before posting, and when it comes to those.... good god, it's like there's a good 80+ posts by the time I watch the damn thing.

Though, to answer your second question... yes, I can say I'm a little disheartened about DP. You know damn well how much that last-minute appearance by Satoshi's Kantou starters practically broke me, and combined with Haruka's departure in spite of how much focus she got... there's just no future for these guys. Naetle's gonna get upstaged by Fushigidane just for the hell of it shortly before being boxed (same goes for the rest of his DP team), Hikari's just gonna be thrown away too (BTW, I'm still in full agreeance with you about her being a rehash)... and the only one who's gonna stick around, other than the obvious Satoshi, Pikachu, and the series' token comic relief in Rocket Dan, is the one overused character everyone wishes could just die already. Pokemon's f***ing repetitive, there's no denying that, but AG just improved on so many things... what the hell happened in the end? I guess I'm not really finding much of a drive to comment on most of the current going-ons as I used to.

Maybe DP will get better, who knows? But right now, nothing's looking very promising. Mimiroru with Ice Beam doing appeals, a Naetle with a peacekeeping Fushigidane-like personality using Razor Leaf and dodging attacks like no tomorrow (that thing BETTER become a tank when it evolves), Mukubird with Aerial Ace (face it, unless they give that thing Brave Bird, it's just gonna look like an Oosubame rehash, only unlike Oosubame, he won't have the friggin' sweet Japanese voice), etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.