1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yancy/Curtis

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Sep 16, 2019.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Active Member

In Black2 & White2, there was a side quest in which you picked up a lost X-Transceiver that belonged to Yancy or Curtis depending on your gender. You could call them from specific locations and eventually get to trade with them. Did you do the lost X-Transceiver side quest? What did you think of Yancy/Curtis and their trades?

Perijune likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I honestly thought that this side plot was too complicated when I played White 2 and Black 2. I didn't see the benefit of the trades since I didn't need the Pokemon that Ruri (Yancy) had for trade, and I only bothered to complete this side quest in White 2 a couple of years ago because I wanted to finish every subplot in the game since I'm a perfectionist. All in all, I just thought it was a waste of time.

Perijune and MockingJ like this.
  3. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Met the characters if I recall, never did the sidequest. To be honest, my memory is a bit lacking on this subject. I do however remember Yancy from Pokemon Adventures BW2 but other than that, kind of surprised of this topic. Never thought this would be brought up.

Perijune and MockingJ like this.
  4. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

I hated these two characters since getting them to trade with you was a pain in the butt. I remember having to call them a lot of times in very specific locations and it just too forever. I didn't like this part of the Unova sequels.

Togekiis likes this.
  5. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

I had never done the Yancy/Curtis quest, mostly because I had never played BW2 to completion. Even if I had, I would probably have not known how to even go about completing it because of the very specific locations that you have to go to to further everything along. If you do all of that, you only get offered some trades and none of the Pokémon offered were really interesting to me. I'm playing through Black 2 at the moment, so I may try to do this with Curtis once I beat the game.

Leonhart and Togekiis like this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

Having to call them from certain locations was probably the hardest part of this side quest, and it makes me wonder how people without Internet access would've figured out what to do since there were no in-game hints about the precise location where those two characters needed to be called from.

SubtleVVeirdoh likes this.
  7. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

It was a nice little side quest, Yancy is pretty and I like her personality (plus now I'm older I can totally relate to her constantly working with almost no time to herself), but I never ended up using any of the Pokemon I got from her in the trades.

Perijune likes this.