• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yanmega's Revenge

5221A

Yanmega’s Revenge

As you can see this team is based around Yanmega DW OU. I hope you can help perfect this team.
Team assembly
I thought to make a team that revolves around a forgotten bug (which is a great special sweeper along with Butterfree) Yanmega. He should not be forgotten with two of the best ability’s in the game, a huge special attack and an ok speed and move pool .I believe that Yanmega can be a successful OU sweeper.
Since stealth rock blows away half of Yanmega’s HP every switch in a rapid spinner will be necessary. Starmie fits perfectly, able to KO most dragons and waters.
Conkeldurr is a strong fighting type able to take out most threats to Yanmega. Making a strong team mate for Yanmega.
I need an ice to take out Gliscor and meager threats of my team so why not Momoswine.
Sizor is here to do damage and stay alive (meant to be a late game sweeper) .Ferrothorn sets up spikes and spreads paralysis .

In depth
Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
IVs:0 spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Ferrothorn is supposed to set up spikes and spread paralyses on the opponent’s team. He is also a solid wall able to stall most sweepers and KO them. He can KO Starmie with gyro ball and deal serious damage to slow pokes with power wipe (if they don’t resist it).He has problems with taunt Fortress. So I usually switch to Scisor .The IVs, EVs and even the nature help gyro ball do the maximum damage.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
This is my Rapid Spinner. He has a huge special attack and a great speed it is really hard to wall Starmie. I need Starmie to help take of stealth rock from the field, opening a possible sweep for Yanmega. Also a great partner for Conkeldurr killing Poison Heal Gliscor with ice beam. If any ghosts that believe he doesn’t hold psychic switch in on him Scizor is always holding pursuit.

Yanmega (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain
Yanmega .A sweeper that few people recognize his power. It may have his downs but obviously has his ups. Being 4x weak to stealth rock and being weak to electric, flying, fire and ice it’s no wonder it isn’t very popular. But two 4x resistance to fighting and grass immunity to ground and a 2x resistance to bug is not very bad. Combine this with tinted lens high special attack and speed makes Yanmega a good sweeper (personally, I already OTKOed 5 pokes with Yanmega’s air slash). Air slash and bug buzz are almost unresisted HP ground to handle Heatran and giga drain to help heal the constant switching in on stealth rock.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Flame orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch
- Superpower
- Payback
Having the strongest attack stat in the metagame (counting guts but not choice band)is why Conkeldurr is one of the best partners to Starmie and Yamega . I prefer Flame orb over choice band because I like to hit ghosts and steals without needing to switch. Payback is to hit ghosts that wall Yanmega (Gengar and Chandelure). Stone edge for coverage, mach punch for priority stab and superpower for a powerful stab move.

Mamoswine (F) @ Life orb Replaced by Rotom-F
Trait: Tick fat
EVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spd
Calm Nature (+Atk -SAtk)
- Ice Shared
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
Mamoswine is supposed to handle electrics *cough*Magazon*cough* that take out Scizor and ice weak pokes *cough*Gliscor*cough* that cause tubule to Conkeldurr .Ice shard is priority STAB that hurts Gliscor and many other ice weaks .Earthquake is one of the best moves in the game and it hit super effectively electrics. Stealth Rock is also a great move. Stone edge is ok good power and side effect but shaking accuracy fits nice with EQ.

Rotom-F @ Life Orb Replaced Mamoswine
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
Rotom-F lost his popularaty probably because he is no longer a ghost. But he did get somting usefull stab boltbeam resisted by a small number of pokes.

Scizor (F) @ Leftovers Replaced by Durant
Trait: Technician
EVs: 56 HP / 180 Atk / 88 Def/176 SDef/8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
Scizor kills most counters of my team (Forretress, ghost, psychics, ect.).This set may surprise the opponent with some bulk and leftovers he can escape from Magnezone with U-turn or KO it with superpower ,trap ghosts with pursuit , weaken steel weaks with bullet punch.

Durant (F) @ Life Orb Replaced:Scizor
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Fang
He replaced Scizor to deal more damage and faster obviosly he lack priority and pursuite but can be a useful sacrifice in some cases

Last edited:

ashsinnoh

Alright, first of all, kudos for using Yanmega^^ I suggest running Hydro Pump/Surf since Scald is more useful on bulky waters, and Starmie just can't take hits as we would love it to. Than your Conkelderp is new to me and on paper it just doesn't work for me as Drain Punch one works. But as i said, i haven't tested this, but i will for sure. On Scizor i just found that offensive all-out attacker works just with Choice Band, so i suggest running more bulky variant with Roost and SD. And i don't know about Mamoswine. First of all, i don't see that much Magnezones these days. Secondly, Gliscor has good physical bulk so i don't know how much it does, so i'll do calcs later. The thing with Yanmega is that everything who can outspeed it will OHKO her 90% of the time. For that reason i just found Speed Boost Yanmega being bit dangerous.
*Had i said that: Kudos for using Yanmega
**A lot of mistakes, makes my eyes hurt
***Asterisks are so much fun to use ^^

Swagga09

ON ferrothorn, why do you have thunderwave and gyro ball? Thunder wave makes gyro ball weak and useless. drop thunderwave for leech seed

On starmie, drop scald for surf. Scald is only for bulky water pokemon.

On cokelldur, use FLAME orb. And drop superpower for drain punch.

Your team is pretty weak to fire. I would drop mamoswine for rotom-w and maybe considering dropping scizor/durant for salamence

Drop Mamoswine for this

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Modest
112 HP/252 SPA/144 Speed
-thunderbolt/volt switch
-hydro pump
-Hidden power (ice)
-pain split

And drop durant/scizor for this guy
Salamence @ Life Orb
Naive
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 Special Attack