• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yay!

coopmon

Breeding Expertise
I just started my emerald as i said i would earlier and ive finally ended up with (all at lvl 5 apart from treecko who is lvl 6 due to battle with MAY)...so heres my team to carry me through the game:

Treecko:Quirky
HP:21
Attck:12
Defense:10
Sp.Atk:12
Sp.def:12
Speed:14

Pound
Absorb
Leer

Cyndaquil:Docile ( I bred this one )
HP:20
Attck:11
Defense:10
Sp.Atk:12
Sp.def:11
Speed:13

Tackle
Leer
Flamethrower
Fire Blast

Vaporeon:Relaxed (Also bred )
HP:29
Attck:12
Defense:12
Sp.Atk:17
Sp.def:15
Speed:10

Tackle
Tail Whip
Helping Hand
Shadow Ball (Don't Ask)

Houndour:Bold ( Also bred )
HP:20
Attck:9
Defense:9
Sp.Atk:13
Sp.Def:10
Speed:11

Soo yea there all level 5 apart from Trecko,but thats already been explained,so what you guys think? i havn't properly bred them just taken them straight ffrom the egg and stuck them on emerald, i am about 2 seconds after beating May,saved in Oldake Town. Any advice on what pokemon i should be fighting this early in the game to properly EV train these guys? Thnks for reading x

coopmon

Breeding Expertise
How come treecko? and on what pokemon so early in the game lol?

medaton

I said, Bring It ON!
You need an electric type. you have a grass and 2 fires. an electric will defend both of their maximum weaknesses. you also need a pokemon with physical attack.

Juan87

are you able to trade pokemon over that early in the game? you only have 4 pokemon so get in a fighting type like poliwrath and an electric pokemon like amparos

coopmon

Breeding Expertise
poochyena

Hmm yea u can trade pokes the second u get the pokedex, thnks for ur suggestions guys,thyre being worked on as we speak...p.s i just found a shiny electrike...yay!!

edit: sorry people i meant shiny poochyena lol,god knows what happend there.

Last edited:

coopmon

Breeding Expertise
right just beaten rock gym and got goods from aqua grunt, treecko's at 18,thinking of waiting until lv 26 to evolve him so that he can learn mega drain?? And where do i get thunder,fire and ice punch in the game?? thnx guys )and girls;) ):p

Zenobius

Fear him!
You get the 3 elemental punches when you get to the Battle Frontier. They are taught by a tutor for 48, I think, Battle Points.

coopmon

Breeding Expertise
Holy crap 48 points:O:O:O!!! and ive only just started the game basically,never mind that for a while then! lol,and do you get all three or do u only get 1 for 48 points? thast a lot of battling!..thnx

Zenobius

Fear him!
Holy crap 48 points:O:O:O!!! and ive only just started the game basically,never mind that for a while then! lol,and do you get all three or do u only get 1 for 48 points? thast a lot of battling!..thnx

You have to pay 48 for each individual punch -.- I know it sucks having to pay that much but, the fastest way to get them is to go to a house south of the Battle Pyramid and bet for them at certain facility. You must have 15 BP to get the max bet.

ThegameHHH

I am the game
EV train treecko is Spatk

Goldliop

Powerplay Champion
and a starmie is great for the battle frontier... especially with bolt-beam

Francesc

Natsu no Maboroshi
You should get a Dragon type, IMO. Try Boomanda.

Dre

Good at Life.
Some great in-game guys are:

Sceptile .. evolve him now, so he can learn Leaf Blade (better than Giga Drain), Thunderpunch (from the Frontier), LEECH SEED (you have to breed the move into him, but it is worth it), and random move you like.

Heracross .. he comes with two good moves and you can teach him both Rock Slide and Earthquake. Can't lose here.

Starmie .. this one's broken in the Frontier. Sweeps everything, including that occasional Lati@s.

Salamence .. annoying and dies to almost any Ice guy's Beam or even Blizzard, but he's still good.

Your Houndoom should be really good later on as well .. use Flamethrower, Crunch, Shadow Ball, and (insert move here). I would try for HP Fighting, but I know that is a lot of work.