• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yay!

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
So yeah, making an RMT off some of my favorite Anime. It was surprisingly difficult to narrow the Anime / Pokemon I'd be using. Some Anime (Code Geass) were cut from the team simply because I couldn't find a Pokemon to properly represent the series. Some of the Pokemon choices aren't exactly the optimal choices because this is a RMT and does need some amount of synergy and whatnot.

Anime used for this RMT

• Fate/Zero
  • Toradora!
  • Steins;Gate
  • Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood

230.png

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Naughty Nature (+ Atk - SpD)
Sniper
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Outrage
~ Draco Meteor

Kind of an off choice to represent Fate/Zero, but eh. Both Kingdra and Saber are the 'Kings' of their respective tribes and... both share a blue pallete? Throw in the fact that Kingdra can be female and we're set!

I'm debating on whether or not to invest more SpA EVs to give Draco Meteor a boost. The thing is, Draco Meteor will only really be used against those Physically Bulky / Specially Frail Pokemon that'll be OHKOed by Draco Meteor anyway.

59.png

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Mild Nature (+ SpA - SpD)
Intimidate
252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

~ Flamethrower
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Close Combat
~ Extremespeed

Because you can't talk about Anime without talking about a Highschool Romantic Comedy. Toradora! is imo one of the best out there, with some of the best character chemistry I've seen within the genre. Arcanine is the closest thing to a Tiger, so there you go?

Yes, the EVs are a mess. That being said, I don't know how to calculate them don't want to spend excessive time messing around with EVs when 252 / 252 / 4 is good enough for ingame purposes. I considered running Wild Charge somewhere on the set, then deciding that the recoil from Life Orb + Wild Charge would stack rather quickly. Wild Charge would only really be used against Water Types regardless, and keeping Arcanine in would be a bad idea in general,

251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature (+ Spe - Atk)
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Nasty Plot
~ Giga Drain
~ Psyshock
~ Earth Power

Steins;Gate is an anime about Time Travel. Celebi is the Time Travel Pokemon. What else do you need?

I opted for the quicker power boosts that Nasty Plot would get me over Calm Mind's slower but bulkier setup. Earth Power > HP Rock because ingame.

385.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+ Atk - SpA)
Serene Grace
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Thunder Wave
~ Iron Head
~ Fire Punch
~ Thunderpunch / Wish

Yeah this one actually took a bit of thinking. It was either Jirachi or Lillgant to represent Anohana. Lilligant would fit the 'Flower' part of the anime perfectly and resembles Menma to a certain extent. However, Jirachi is the Wish Pokemon, and Menma's Wish plays a critical role in throughout the Anime and Jirachi just fits the team better

FlinchHax is always fun when you're messing around with it. Fire Punch is used to prevent Steels from walling. I could either go for Wish for general team support of Thunderpunch to prevent Waters from walling.

530.png

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature (+ Spe -SpA)
Sand Rush
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Earthquake
~ Swords Dance
~ Rock Slide
~ X-Scissor

Excadrill's Drill is the Drill that will Pierce the Heavens!

Standard is standard, so whee.

623.png

Golurk @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Iron Fist
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

~ Earthquake
~ Drain Punch
~ Ice Punch / Rock Polish
~ Shadow Punch

I simply had to include Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood, and Golurk is closest thing I could find to Alphonse.

Life Orb if I go for Rock Polish or Choice Band if I run Ice Punch. Frankly either could work.

Aurath8

Well regarding Arcanine's EVs, Mild nature puts a slight emphasis on Spatk assuming EVs are equal, and considering you main STAB is a special attack then you should be able to do just that. 128 Atk / 128 Spatk / 252 Spd is a bit boring but does give you higher average attacking stats.

Other than the team looks sound. FWG cores prevent just about anything from steamrolling the entire team.

I suppose Aggron kinda looks like Alphonse, if Alphonse's armor was based of a dinosaur...
It's a shame that GF haven't caught on to the whole 'possessed suit of armor concept' and made a suitable Steel/Ghost type. Golurk will do for now.
And it appears I've reached the limit of my anime knowledge. It's one of many things I plan to get severely addicted to at one point, like composing music.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Even with RP on Golurk, he is still way too slow to make use of the speed boost. Use Ice Punch instead. It helps with Iris. There is also no point in using the remaining 4 EVs on Speed. What does that accomplish? Allocate them to either defense or special defense instead.

On Jirachi, Wish > ThunderPunch.

Last edited:

edonub

So yeah, making an RMT off some of my favorite Anime. It was surprisingly difficult to narrow the Anime / Pokemon I'd be using. Some Anime (Code Geass) were cut from the team simply because I couldn't find a Pokemon to properly represent the series. Some of the Pokemon choices aren't exactly the optimal choices because this is a RMT and does need some amount of synergy and whatnot.

Anime used for this RMT

• Fate/Zero
  • Toradora!
  • Steins;Gate
  • Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood

230.png

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Naughty Nature (+ Atk - SpD)
Sniper
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe 252 HP 252 attack 4 sp def

~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Outrage
~ Draco Meteor Substitute/Rest (with a Chesto Berry)

Kind of an off choice to represent Fate/Zero, but eh. Both Kingdra and Saber are the 'Kings' of their respective tribes and... both share a blue pallete? Throw in the fact that Kingdra can be female and we're set!

I'm debating on whether or not to invest more SpA EVs to give Draco Meteor a boost. The thing is, Draco Meteor will only really be used against those Physically Bulky / Specially Frail Pokemon that'll be OHKOed by Draco Meteor anyway.

Kingdra is a key poke in your team, quad resisting both your main weaknesses: water and fire. Go with a bulkier spread, Substitute is awesome in game especially on late battles, as the AI will make pokes (lacking a super-effective hit, which is good on Kingdra being only weak to Dragon) almost always start with their status/stat drop/whatever moves. Rest with Chesto heals you from status and gets you to full health, I'm sure if you can get a Celebi you can move over a couple Chesto berries as well.

59.png

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Mild Nature (+ SpA - SpD)
Intimidate
252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

~ Flamethrower
~ Dragon Pulse Not STAB, won't ohko anything noticeable. Wild Charge has more coverage, heck even Hidden Power Ice is better than Dragon Pulse if you wanna hit dragons. Hydreigon is handled better by Close Combat anyway. Crunch is also nice.
~ Close Combat
~ Extremespeed

Because you can't talk about Anime without talking about a Highschool Romantic Comedy. Toradora! is imo one of the best out there, with some of the best character chemistry I've seen within the genre. Arcanine is the closest thing to a Tiger, so there you go?

Yes, the EVs are a mess. That being said, I don't know how to calculate them don't want to spend excessive time messing around with EVs when 252 / 252 / 4 is good enough for ingame purposes. I considered running Wild Charge somewhere on the set, then deciding that the recoil from Life Orb + Wild Charge would stack rather quickly. Wild Charge would only really be used against Water Types regardless, and keeping Arcanine in would be a bad idea in general,

I would really go with a full physical set, but that's just personal taste. Also, consider Fire Blast over Flamethrower since you're not packing Flare Blitz so you lack a strong move in your set. This is easily your weakest link. And about Recoil, there's potions after battles :C

251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature (+ Spe - Atk)
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Nasty Plot
~ Giga Drain
~ Psyshock
~ Earth Power

Steins;Gate is an anime about Time Travel. Celebi is the Time Travel Pokemon. What else do you need?

I opted for the quicker power boosts that Nasty Plot would get me over Calm Mind's slower but bulkier setup. Earth Power > HP Rock because ingame.

This works pretty nicely.

385.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe 252 HP 252 attack 4 spe

~ Thunder Wave
~ Iron Head
~ Fire Punch
~ Thunderpunch / Wish

Yeah this one actually took a bit of thinking. It was either Jirachi or Lillgant to represent Anohana. Lilligant would fit the 'Flower' part of the anime perfectly and resembles Menma to a certain extent. However, Jirachi is the Wish Pokemon, and Menma's Wish plays a critical role in throughout the Anime and Jirachi just fits the team better

100 speed is plenty. You have Thunder Wave. 252 speed is pointless. You could also run Body Slam over Thunderpunch for a neutral hit on water types, 60% paralisys chance, and good neutral coverage overall. (Rocks are hit by Iron Head, Steels by Fire Punch), and you can paralyze stuff that's immune to t-wave. Ice Punch is also an options for dragons, as dragons are most annoying and you do resist their STAB.

FlinchHax is always fun when you're messing around with it. Fire Punch is used to prevent Steels from walling. I could either go for Wish for general team support of Thunderpunch to prevent Waters from walling.

530.png

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature (+ Spe -SpA)
Sand Rush
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Earthquake
~ Swords Dance
~ Rock Slide
~ X-Scissor

Excadrill's Drill is the Drill that will Pierce the Heavens!

Standard is standard, so whee.

don't change what works.

623.png

Golurk @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Iron Fist
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe 4 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed

~ Earthquake
~ Drain Punch
~ Ice Punch / Rock Polish
~ Shadow Punch

I simply had to include Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood, and Golurk is closest thing I could find to Alphonse.

Life Orb if I go for Rock Polish or Choice Band if I run Ice Punch. Frankly either could work.

Again with the speed EVs, this time in reverse. golurk with max Speed will outspeed pretty much everything ingame up to base 90-100ish. 252 EVs is a lot of stats, that's why you don't need it on moderately fast pokes, but it changes everything for slower ones.

the team could use a fighting type. there's plenty of anime where the main plot constantly involves dudes beating up other dudes, so lots of choices for you. Besides that, you've got hard counters for pretty much every major battle in the game.

I'd say replace your dog thing with an ape thing, getting stab on close combat and better coverage.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Just a bit of nitpicking.

Iron Head is a solid STAB on Excadrill for anything that resists Earthquake , so it would work > X-Scissor.

Band on Golurk or GTFO.

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
Gah, I miss your pizzazz, woman.

the team could use a fighting type. there's plenty of anime where the main plot constantly involves dudes beating up other dudes, so lots of choices for you. Besides that, you've got hard counters for pretty much every major battle in the game.

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Adamant / Whatever you please
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Hp
-Blaze Kick
-Mud Slap Hi Jump Kick
-Poison Jab
-Earthquake

Sanji. Can't do much against Flying, Earthquake can deal with most frail Psychics. I mean I guess you could throw on Stone Edge too, but the Accuracy's been nerfed, and you have that coverage already anyway. The Psychics in this gen aren't quite physically bulky, but at the same time they can pack a punch, so. Adamant because f*ck yeah HJK, and Speed EVs to increase your chance of outspeeding. Blaze Kick rocks, plus is canon soooo

I'm going to be honest and let you know I only came up with this set to justify posting here

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Poison Jab is kinda pointless , since you only hit Grass Types , whom are already nailed by Blaze Kick. Imo Bulk Up might be nice.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Poison Jab is kinda pointless , since you only hit Grass Types , whom are already nailed by Blaze Kick. Imo Bulk Up might be nice.

Definitely a better move; although, Bulk Up still ain't doing much for his pitiful Def stat.

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
Definitely a better move; although, Bulk Up still ain't doing much for his pitiful Def stat.

Too frail to handle any shots while setting up that would be worth Bulking Up for. Life Orb is on there to increase the maximum damage output, and Adamant is to give max Attack. Add a STAB Hi Jump Kick and it's a glass cannon with a pretty funny crystalline structure (science in ya face). I put Poison Jab for lack of any other move. Plus it'd be the only Poison type move sooooo rather than why, it's more of wynaut.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I said that too..