• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Year of the Dragon

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Originally I had made this team to see how it would to just laddering. This has given me great overall success. I was using this team to great effect until... Deoxys-D got banned from OU. Forcing me to remove it from the team. This hampered the team a bit and (i think) made it worse. (deoxys was heatran). At the point before deoxy's death though, this was shaping up to be a pretty offensive team.

Team building process:
images

First i knew I needed a solid lead (so i choose deoxys that went to heatran)
images

From there I wanted a solid sweeper so i choose Dragonite
121-frame1.png

To protect dragonite I absolutley HAD to have a spinner, I chose it in the form of starmie.
thundurus_sprite_by_legendkyurem97-d54rvop.gif

Interestingly enough i wanted another sweeper, so I choose a special one in the form of Thundy-T
ScizorSprite.png
479-w.png

Couldn't think of anything else that wouldn't hurt the Offensive pressence of this team so i went with rotom-W+Scizor
Team <3:

terrakion.jpg

Hiatus (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Terrekion was added as an option for a more faster lead than heatran. With the focus sash it gets up rocks almost 100% of the time. It also brings a good offensive precessence to the team when they think its scarfed or banded.

dragonite.jpg

YOTD (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite is the main focus of this team. When its weaknesses are fazed by the other members of the team for it to come in and sweep. However, if starmie is gone dragonite becomes less useful with no recovery move. Lum berry is great for dragonite doing solid work against things that try to hamper it such as ferrothorn or breloom who come in and para/spore it to death normally. Could Opt lefties over it for recovery though. Dragon Claw> Outrage for the ability not to be locked in. I find most people switch into scizor or their standard counterer for dragon types expecting outrage. This helps me get off damage then procede to K0 whatever steel type is there BESIDES heatran, which is a pain but, not used as often.

starmie.jpg

Spin Out (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Starmie is also a priority on the team, making good use of its speed and rapid spin. Gengar does major work on starmie though if it gets a disabled off on scald Starmie becomes almost useless against not able to do much more than stall. For more coverage against things that would otherwise wall it I could opt Tbolt > icebeam for more effect against Jellicent and Gengar (and any other ghost types im forgetting) Recover is there to get health back if im forced to switch in on layers of spikes to get them out, also helps if im trying to stall out the other pokemon into a switch. Rapid spin is the crux of the set providing its main utility. Scald for stab and a chance a burn. Might invest less into SPD and into SPA for more damage (not impressed with output)

642_thundurus_sacred_beast_forme_a_by_aschefield101-d4zyumm.png

Sonic (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

I had always seen thundurus as a fantasitc pokemon to use in OU but never made a team using it. Seeing as it takes 25% from SR it becomes crippled if starmie is dead. (lesson learnt never lose starmie) Most pokemon to counter thundy rely on Outspeeding and k0ing it. Agility Nulls that weakness providing a fantastic sweeping position if there are no Bullet punchers on the other team, then it becomes a problem. Thunderbolt is there for base stab dealing solid damage. HP ice is to get Dragons that might wall it w/out It. Focus blast provides its only way to hit steel types for actual damage that would wall it completely with out it.

index.php

Umadbro? (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Having never really used rotom-w that much I thought why not try it here. Providing Good stab with VS and HP. Choice scarfing it always seems natural to me. Liking the speed element (HMM nothing else on this team has SPEED at all does it??? might opt Specs > Scarf) I went with this set. VS is for Switching out on incoming threats to something that can deal with them fast (derp). Hydro Pump is for fantastic STAB with pow 120 it makes a strong it. One thing that bothers me though is the accuracy missing when I need it to hit. Hax is always against me. Trick is to render pokemon that would otherwise annoy me. Sometimes i will use this as lead and Trick whatever their leading with in an attempt to set up spikes or whatever.

scizor.jpg

Greyback (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Bug Bite

Providing Synergy with rotom and being able to take hits for most everything on the team, scizor has a nice niche in it. That being said i might need more recovery on this (I.E might opt Roost > Bug Bite). I always wanted to try a SD set on scizor. With high base attack it works Quite will with priority access. Bullet punch for basic stab/priority (never seen a set w/out it)
Brick break for dealing with things like ferrothorn and heatran that would destroy it mostly, And bug bite for dealing good damage to Bulky physic types.

Update log:
Edited Heatrans moves
Removed heatran in favor of terrakion
Changed Dragonites moves in favor of EQ

This team to me doesn't seem to have a clear weakness to it thus making a threat list quite useless. Hope you like the team ^_^

~~Saph

Last edited:

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Hm. You have 2 Rock-weak mons and no resistances, but with Starmie Stealth Rock isn't a huge problem. Just watch out for Stone Edges, a Scarfer that gets lucky with that 80% accuracy seems like it could cause you some problems.

That's all I can see though, this is a solid team.

Zachmac

At first glance....

Dedicated leads are much less effective now that we've got the team viewer. I'd use Rotom-W in front, since it can use Volt Switch one whatever your opponent brings in as their lead and let you use the appropriate check/counter. With this change, Heatran can use the standard specially defensive set.

Heatran @ Leftovers
248 HP/252 Sp.D/8 Speed
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock
-Protect
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp/Roar

Protect can be swapped out for one of the last three. Anyway, this heatran is much more durable thanks to leftovers, and can still give your team stealth rock support rather reliably.

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
At first glance....

Dedicated leads are much less effective now that we've got the team viewer. I'd use Rotom-W in front, since it can use Volt Switch one whatever your opponent brings in as their lead and let you use the appropriate check/counter. With this change, Heatran can use the standard specially defensive set.

Heatran @ Leftovers
248 HP/252 Sp.D/8 Speed
-Lava Plume
-Stealth Rock
-Protect
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp/Roar

Protect can be swapped out for one of the last three. Anyway, this heatran is much more durable thanks to leftovers, and can still give your team stealth rock support rather reliably.

That is essentially the set i started with and modded to more effect. Rotom-w if you read it I also use as a lead. I can change my teams lead at the beggining on the match it isnt set. Thanks though

EDIT: further examination swapped button for lefties and Lava plume for taunt in favor of using roar / will-o-wisp to faze leads

Last edited:

McDanger

Heatran isnt a great lead as its to slow, and tends to be either taunted or KOed.
At a glance your team is very depended on setting up, and while thats ok, your team lacks the synergy to pull of consecutive sweeps as things that will check say dragonite like heatran and latios can stop both thunderus therian and scizor from boosting. The biggest example of this is thunderus therian and landorus i as they can check dragonite and scizor (more thunderus then landorus) and sweep, or force a switch and get an agility/rock polish

I would suggest switching scizor to a banded set as the band will provide overall more support and revenging capabilities for threats like terrakion and mamoswine.
Dragonite wants earthquake>fire punch to beat heatran and threats that would wall him (scizor, skarm, ferro) all provide a chance for thunnderus therian to set up agility

some other nitpicks, i would change starmie<gyarados as dd gyarados fills the roll of SD scizor as a boost sweeper, while patching up the hole named mamoswine without losing momentum as well as keldeo and to fill the void of keeping rocks off the field i suggest focus sashed terrakion>heatran as between dnite, gyarados, and rotom wash fires are handled while scizor can revenge dragons, or gyarados can intimidate and threaten ice fang/bounce, while terrakion gets rocks down 95% of the time and a well timed taunt stops rocks from other leads like garchomp while putting offensive pressure on the opponent with stone edge and close combat

Lastly some nature changes
dragonite
jolly--->adamant
thunderus
timid--->jolly (ivs:31/30/30/31/31/31)

sets
gyarados@lum berry
adamant
intimidate
252attack/4def/252speed
-waterfall
-dragon dance
-earthquake
-bounce/ice fang

Scizor@choice band
adamant
248hp/252attack/8speed
technician
-bullet punch
-u turn
-superpower
-pursuit/quick attack

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Heatran isnt a great lead as its to slow, and tends to be either taunted or KOed.
At a glance your team is very depended on setting up, and while thats ok, your team lacks the synergy to pull of consecutive sweeps as things that will check say dragonite like heatran and latios can stop both thunderus therian and scizor from boosting. The biggest example of this is thunderus therian and landorus i as they can check dragonite and scizor (more thunderus then landorus) and sweep, or force a switch and get an agility/rock polish

I would suggest switching scizor to a banded set as the band will provide overall more support and revenging capabilities for threats like terrakion and mamoswine.
Dragonite wants earthquake>fire punch to beat heatran and threats that would wall him (scizor, skarm, ferro) all provide a chance for thunnderus therian to set up agility

some other nitpicks, i would change starmie<gyarados as dd gyarados fills the roll of SD scizor as a boost sweeper, while patching up the hole named mamoswine without losing momentum as well as keldeo and to fill the void of keeping rocks off the field i suggest focus sashed terrakion>heatran as between dnite, gyarados, and rotom wash fires are handled while scizor can revenge dragons, or gyarados can intimidate and threaten ice fang/bounce, while terrakion gets rocks down 95% of the time and a well timed taunt stops rocks from other leads like garchomp while putting offensive pressure on the opponent with stone edge and close combat

Lastly some nature changes
dragonite
jolly--->adamant
thunderus
timid--->jolly (ivs:31/30/30/31/31/31)

sets
gyarados@lum berry
adamant
intimidate
252attack/4def/252speed
-waterfall
-dragon dance
-earthquake
-bounce/ice fang

Scizor@choice band
adamant
248hp/252attack/8speed
technician
-bullet punch
-u turn
-superpower
-pursuit/quick attack

I think your forgetting the role of Starmie is to rapid spin. Without that support my team gets wrecked by SR. Nite and Thundy both taking 25% right off the bat. There for im keeping starmie, forcing me to keep scizor and not give up a sweeper. I will try the terrakion and the IV and nature changes on the Nite and Thundy thanks for the rate :)

McDanger

I think your forgetting the role of Starmie is to rapid spin. Without that support my team gets wrecked by SR. Nite and Thundy both taking 25% right off the bat. There for im keeping starmie, forcing me to keep scizor and not give up a sweeper. I will try the terrakion and the IV and nature changes on the Nite and Thundy thanks for the rate :)

I didnt, terra puts pressure on the opponent to play offensively which eliminates the needs for a spinner
From experience with my offensive teams, the opponent rarely gets rocks up because terrakion stops hazards from going up, dies and lets a sweeper get a free switch in and piles on offensive pressure, making them play defensively