• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Year of the Goat Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryuel

lj7DEmt.png
an ΩRαS Wifi Tournament
Tournament Banner sponsored by The Under

The Trinity League & Pokegyms proudly present their next casual Wifi Tournament for everyone: Year of the Goat!
This Wifi tournament will take place from Friday 20th of March to Thursday 30th of March.
With the recent ushering of a new Chinese year, this tournament pays tribute to the Year of the Goat, including the Goat and Chinese Zodiac signs that harmonise with it.

Tournament Overseers: Cryùel (Trinity League) & Dragontamer44722 (Pokegyms)

sponsored by Trinity League​

The Wifi tournament rules are the following:
  1. Tournament format: up to 5 rounds on Multilevel format (point based system, so no knock-outs)
  2. General Smogon Rules & Smogon Doubles Tier (so no Doubles Ubers!)
  3. Double Battle using one, non-changeable team under Normal Rules (Lv50)
  4. each participant must use 1 Pokémon out of each of the "Goat" & "Friends of Goat" categories (8 different categories in total)
  5. These have been limited to the following categories according to their physique and/or qualities with no more than 15 members in a group:

Gogoat, Girafarig, Stantler, Sawsbuck, Ampharos, Camerupt, and Cobalion

Simisage, Simipour, Simisear, Infernape, Darmanitan, Primeape, Ambipom, and Slaking

Arbok, Vaporeon, Steelix, Slowking, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Sceptile, Seviper, Milotic, Huntail, Gorebyss, Serperior, Eelektross, and Malamar

Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Azumarill, Lopunny, Diggersby, Sandslash, Blissey, Mienshao, and Audino

Primeape, Mamoswine, Grumpig, Emboar, and Hippowdon

Rapidash, Zebstrika, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo

Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Kingdra, Flygon, Salamence, Latios, Latias, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Dragalge, Goodra, and Noivern

Tauros, Pinsir, Heracross, Ursaring, Aggron, Rhyperior, Lucario, Gallade, Samurott, Throh, Sawk, Bouffalant, Durant, Chesnaught, and Tyrantrum

Tournament Ranking System:
  • Players can participate by posting "signing in" directly into the tournament thread starting Friday, March 17th.
  • Participants can choose to battle any other signed-in opponent and battle on any of the days up until March 30th.
  • Each participant may only battle up to 5 opponents, and the player with the most Wins by the end of Tournament will be determined the winner.
  • Players may have more than 5 battles to count for other participants' battles.
  • All battles are to be arranged privately via PM/VM. Participants are welcome to use our official chatroom in and outside of battles.
In the case of equal Wins, battle differences will determine the ranking (e.g. a 2-1 Win = 1 difference)

Prizes for the upcoming tournament include the following:
  • Feature Prize: 6IV Modest Xerneas (1st place winner may claim any feature prize - contact Cryùel)
  • Feature Prize: 5IV shiny Careful Gogoat (2nd place winner may claim any of the remaining feature prizes - contact Dragontamer44722)
  • Feature Prize: 5IV Bold, Multiscale Lugia (3rd place winner will receive the last remaining feature prize - contact Dragontamer44722)
  • Random Participation Prize: Jolly, nicknameable shiny Magicarp in Dream Ball (one random participant who has participated in all 5 rounds will be able to choose out of these 2 options - contact Dragontamer44722)
  • Random Participation Prize: shiny, nicknameable Steadfast, Timid Riolu with Vacuum Wave (one random participant who has participated in all 5 rounds will be able to choose out of these 2 options - contact Dragontamer44722)
  • Random Participation Prize: shiny Sturdy, Impish Skarmory with Whirlwind (one random participant who has participated in all 5 rounds will be able to choose out of these 2 options - contact Dragontamer44722)

Battle Result Form
Please post your results after every battle. (just remember not to double-post)
Remember, ratings should always be constructive and provide opportunities for growth.
HTML:
Round#, Opponent's name: (e.g. Round1, Cryùel)
Zodiac used against opponent: (e.g. Rabbit, Ox, Dragon, Snake, Ox, Goat)
Battle Result with Score: (e.g. Loss 0-1)
Rate your performance: x/10
Rate opponent's performance: x/10
Comments about the match:

Q: Do I have to be a registered Challenger of the Trinity League or Pokegyms to participate?
A: No, absolutely anyone and everyone is welcome to join our casual Tournaments - whether they're non-League players or registered Trinity League/Pokegyms Challengers, Gym Leaders, etc. The more, the merrier! :)

Q: For the "Year of the Goat" tournament, why isn't Pokémon ... a Goat, Dragon, Rabbit, etc.?
A: We wanted to limit the number of choices for one. For another, some Pokémon were included for their qualities if they didn't happen to look like the category.

Q: Can you give an example of a legal team?
A: Example for a legal team with up to 1 Pokémon from the 8 categories: Ampharos (Goat), Gorebyss (Snake), Slaking (Monkey), Dragonite (Dragon), Keldeo (Horse), Chesnaught (Ox)

Q: How do I register for the tournament?
A: Simply post "signing in" into the Tournament thread on the day of the tournament (or whenever you join from the starting date onwards). A Thread Overseer will list you on our participant list and you can PM/VM any other signed-in participant to ask if you can battle them as one of your 5 opponents for the tournament. After your battle, simply post your battle results using the given form.

Q: How many rounds are there, and are there knock-outs?
A: There will be up to 5 rounds under Normal Rules for each player. Since each the tournament is Win-based, there are no knock-outs and everyone can choose which opponent to battle for points! For this tournament we do not do best 2 out of 3 in a round, only one round of 6vs6 Doubles.

Q: Can I switch out a member of my team, or an item, a move, etc. after the first round?
A: No, you cannot! The team you enter the first round with (moves, items, etc. included) may not be changed until the tournament is over. It is encouraged to list your opponent's Zodiac signs in the battle result form.

Q: I have to leave, but the tournament hasn't ended yet. What do I do?
A: Even if things aren't going well for you in terms of battle results, please try to be available for opponents to battle you until the end of the tournament out of courtesy for the other participants and also for your own enjoyment! You're welcome to seek out registered opponents and ask them if they could help you finish your 5 rounds.

Q: What are the prizes?
A: Each tournament features at least 3 prizes, which will be announced in advance before the tournament begins. There are 3 feature prizes of which the 1st place winner may choose one from. The 2nd place winner gets one of the other feature prizes, while the 3rd place winner will receive the remaining feature prize. Three participation prizes will be randomly distributed amongst the other participants. (only participants who have played all 5 rounds can be considered for this prize)

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Hello all! As one of the tournament overseers, feel free to pm me for any questions you may have! I look forward to some awesomed battles!

This is me signing up! Quick question though: We are using OU rules instead of doubles rules?

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I'm signing in on this. A few questions though...
OP said:
Friday 17th of March to Thursday 30th of March.
The 17th of March is a Tuesday, and the 30th is a Monday. Is it the 17th to the 30th or from maybe Friday the 20th and Thursday the 2nd?
OP said:
each participant must use 1 Pokémon out of each of the "Goat" & "Friends of Goat" categories (8 different categories in total)
Where is the "friends of goat" category?
Sorry for asking so much.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I'm signing in on this. A few questions though...

The 17th of March is a Tuesday, and the 30th is a Monday. Is it the 17th to the 30th or from maybe Friday the 20th and Thursday the 2nd?

Where is the "friends of goat" category?
Sorry for asking so much.

It begins on the 17th, and ends on the 30th, so you can figure that you can start battling on the 17th but you cannot on the 30th.

And the "friends" of the goat is Monkey, ox, and so on, listed underneath the goat cateogry. We didn't put them all together.

Again, its a doubles tournament using OU rules?

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Signing in, just need to breed a few pokemon, thank goodness exams are over now, a few weeks holiday was all i needed!

Always some weird rules with these lol. More like year of the Camerupt n Ampharos with no tr support.
I'm in. Though, I can only battle te last 5/6 days of the tournament so make sure to be on then too. :]

cryuel

Always some weird rules with these lol. More like year of the Camerupt n Ampharos with no tr support.
I'm in. Though, I can only battle te last 5/6 days of the tournament so make sure to be on then too. :]

You know our rules are always.. special. It's what makes them fun! ;)

There actually is Trick Room support. It may be limited and not the typical support, but there's Grumpig, Gallade, and Malamar. ^_^

cryuel

Signing up!

Signing up.

Welcome! Looking forward to our including in our exciting tournament! May the power of the goat be with you~ :3

@everyone: In less than a week the tournament will commence. Have fun team building! :D

Also: 2 Pokemon have been added to the list of Goat & Friends of Goat, namely Seviper to "Snake" (how could we have missed it..), as well as Cobalion to "Goat" since it's kind of a mountain goat.

Last edited:

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Welcome! Looking forward to our including in our exciting tournament! May the power of the goat be with you~ :3

@everyone: In less than a week the tournament will commence. Have fun team building! :D

Also: 2 Pokemon have been added to the list of Goat & Friends of Goat, namely Seviper to "Snake" (how could we have missed it..), as well as Cobalion to "Goat" since it's kind of a mountain goat.

oh no, i wasted my time breeding a goat then!

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
sign me in!

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Will the default levels will be at 100 or will they be at the usual 50? :V

Status
Not open for further replies.