• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

yellow team

PSYDUCK!

First off, i am not a competitive gamer. in game party only. only change to train/evolve. now in no paticular order
;130; Gyarados lv. 68 attacks: Blizzard, surf, bite, and hydro pump
;018; Pidegeot lv. 43 attacks: razorwind, wing attack, quick attack, and fly
;145; Zapdos lv. 45 attacks: thundershock, drill peck, thunder, agility
;146; Moltres lv. 46 attacks: peck, fire spin, leer, and none
;057; Primape lv. 53 attacks: thrash, strengh, low kick, and karate chop
;051; Dugtrio lv. 49 attacks: earthquake, slash, dig, and sand attack

Lastly, I know i need to level up some of them. sooo yeah.

skootskoot

Pokémon RBY Guru
i think it's pretty difficult to judge game only teams, since almost any team can really be effective. a bunch of level 100 weedles probably wouldn't be as great, but the point is that there isn't really much to judge. i'll do my best though.

gyarados: good level. he has nice attacks. he has surf and hydro pump, which are both water attacks, but since you might need the extra PP i can understand it.

pidgeot: again, you have both wing attack and fly. also, both razorwind and fly take 2 turns to use, so i can imagine pidgeot being more boring to play. quick attack is really only ever good as a finisher if the opponent is weakened, so i'm not so sure about it.

zapdos: pretty solid looking. not sure when you'd ever use agility on zapdos while in the game, rather than just destroying the opponent.

moltres: no real way of doing damage, it seems. make use of the last slot. i'd probably change every move moltres has, unless you taught it toxic. then i'd keep the fire spin to hold the enemy while toxic destroyed the enemy. other than that, seems useless.

primeape: very fun pokemon. seems ok i guess, in terms of moves.

dugtrio: i guess you have dig for the extra PP, since earthquake won't last more than 10 attacks. sand attack can be really useful.

overall: i'd normally point out how weak your team is to lightning attacks, etc, but considering you're probably only going to be fighting the elite four, it won't matter. you can anticipate what your opponent can sent out as a first pokemon and the game tells you what they will send out next. as far as lance is concerned, you seem to be doing a risky setup. your only effective move is blizzard, and you have it on a water type (also flying, right?) so 1 of his dragonairs as well as his dragonite will pwn gyarados with electric attacks. without gyarados, your team really suffers. dugtrio can't use earthquake or dig against anything but the dragonairs, as the rest are flying type. your moltres is useless right now and even with better moves, she isn't a very good pokemon.

suggestions: since it appears you like the legendaries, i'd switch out moltres for articuno. the ice attacks are far more effective. if you're going to keep moltres in, give it better moves like a stronger fire attack, fire blast maybe. also he has to learn sky attack at some point, right? pidgeot has 2 moves that take 2 turns each, making him extremely slow. on top of that, your other 2 moves aren't very strong. either teach him a stronger move you can use in 1 turn or get rid of him. his normal/flying type attacks are extremely easy to replace. your gyarados is fine, although you might want to consider replacing hydro pump for thunderbolt. this lets him be more versatile against water types, although there's only 1 pokemon you'd probably use it against in the elite four (slowbro i think), and against the one water pokemon your rival will have. other than that i think your team is pretty ok.

133tSneasel

Gyarados lv. 68 attacks: Blizzard, surf, bite, and hydro pump
I would drop Bite for Thunderbolt, and Hydro Pump for Body Slam or Hyper beam, it needs a Physical attack to deal with all those Special defenders

Pidegeot lv. 43 attacks: razorwind, wing attack, quick attack, and fly
Drop Razor Wind, Wing Attack. Razor Wind is a worthless at that really doesn't do much, it takes two turns to then attacks and can still miss, Wing Attack is poor in this version, just keep Fly. So, for those attacks put Double-Edge, and Substitute/Mirror Move, and you can keep quick Attack if you want

Zapdos lv. 45 attacks: thundershock, drill peck, thunder, agility
drop Thundershock for Thunder Wave, and Toxic over Agility

Moltres lv. 46 attacks: peck, fire spin, leer, and none

Agility, Fire Spin, Fire Blast, Hyper Beam
Substitute, Reflect, Fire Blast, Hyper Beam/Sky Attack

Primape lv. 53 attacks: thrash, strengh, low kick, and karate chop
Submission over Thrash, and Rock Slide over Karate Chop, if you can delete strength, then get Focus Energy, if not keep it. Body Slam or Hyper Beam over Low Kick

Dugtrio lv. 49 attacks: earthquake, slash, dig, and sand attack
Substitute over Dig.

skootskoot

Pokémon RBY Guru
oops my bad i thought thundershock was thunderwave. yeah, change that

also don't get focus energy. it was done wrong in the first gen and actually lowers chance for a critical hit. never get focus energy in gen 1.

it looks to me like l33t is making your team better able to face people, rather than computers. i don't think a substitute on a dugtrio is very useful in the game, other than facing people.

it's the same thing with submission. it's a great move for pvp combat, but for facing computers it isn't very fun to use. make sure you have potions if you use it.