• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yellow Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandy74

Hi there! The name is Vandy74 and I wanted some advice on my Yellow team to know whether it's good or not. I've been playing Pokemon for literally over a decade and have beaten almost every game. Yet, unfortunately, I've never beaten a 1st Gen game... *Let the bashing begin* :(. So I need to beat one before I get White 2 for Christmas.
Anyways, here's my team, some of which I want for sure and others I'm a bit willing to change under extreme coercion xD haha.

Exeggutor (nicknamed Betsy May)
Psychic
Solar Beam (not a fan at all of Solar Beam but Mega Drain just doesn't cut it IMO)
Hypnosis / Reflect
Strength (so it has a reliable semi-strong move for back up)

Betsy May is a must have for me as I've always wanted to use one but the moves are changeable.

Lapras (nicknamed Monique)
Thunderbolt
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic / Confuse Ray (I traded it over, so it already knows Psychic but I am a big fan of Confusion as it can protect Monique somewhat)

Tauros (nicknamed Randel)
Toxic
Double Team
Earthquake
Body Slam

Randel is another Poke that I really wanted but has a very experimental move set. I figure that I can Toxic the first opponent then Double Team some so I won't get hit and continue to Toxic and destroy with Earthquake and Body Slam without getting hit too much. But again, very experimental.

Machamp (nicknamed Tabitha)
Submission
Mega Punch
Rock Slide
Earthquake (because I traded over Randel I'll have access to 2 EQ TMs)

Raichu (nicknamed Marvin)
Thunderbolt
Thunder wave
Mega Punch
Submission?

Submission is just an extra move I guess seeing as I have no need for both Thunderbolt and Thunder.

Charizard (nicknamed Laurence)
Fly
Flamethrower
Slash
Dig (becuase I already plan on useing both EQs I have available)

Laurence is my flyer and the main reason I'm playing Yellow over Red and Blue, it's the best possible choice to me.

So whats everyone think? :D

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Very reasonable team,

Suggestion for Randel:

Toxic is good. Very good. Just like double team. Teach him rest as well so that you can use him as a wall- a very epic one! Body slam is healed by that as well, and earthquake is nice!

Vandy74

So your suggesting Randel know;
Toxic
Double Team
Rest
Body Slam? or EQ? I could get rid of EQ seeing as 2 other Pokes know ground moves.

Thanks for the suggestion! Also thank you for using his name of Randel... It touches my heart :,D.

Status
Not open for further replies.