• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yep, new

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Been on here for a couple days because the main reason I came here was for trades.
Liking this forum also for everything else now tho.

My name's Esther.
17 y/o girl from the Netherlands.
Started my quest to complete the Pokédex on Soul Silver one week ago. (first it was just random stuff on the game)

I'd like to get involved in breeding.
Have been practicing on GPX Plus haha :)

Well welcome! Be sure to read the rules and such. You seem like an intelligent user though so I doubt you'll have any problems n_n

Shoot me a message if you need help with the Dex, breeding tips, or just need a friend.

Kingothestone

Creamery Commander
Welcome to Serebii, Esther! A few things you need to be aware of:

1: ALWAYS read the rules. Whether it be of a forum, sub forum, clan, trade shop, or anything else. Rules are important, and the Moderators rightfully take their jobs to heart.

2: Spambots are evil. End of discussion. If you see one, report them. They will usually have a link of some sort in their post, although we have recently had a string of 'newbies' with links in their sig (these were bots, also.). The main telltale about a thread made by a spambot is that it will be a completely nonsensical section. For example, the fake-newbies I mentioned above have been appeared in the 'general Pokemon discussion' section, instead of the newbie lounge, where you correctly posted. (Props to you on that, btw.) You can report spambots by using the 'yield' icon in the upper right hand corner of each post.

3: Posts are good, as long as they aren’t spam. If you read the rules, I believe there's a description of what qualifies as spam there.

4: If you're looking for friends, clans are the best way to go. They'll teach you about competitive battling, help you fill out your Pokedex, and in some cases, even goof off. My own clan, Operation Obliviate, is especially friendly, and we excel at the goofing off part, although we aren’t slouches at competitive battling, either.

5: Don't clutter the forums. If you're going to make a new thread, look around and make sure that there isn't already a thread talking about your topic. Duplicate threads simply get closed by the moderators, and it just makes their jobs more difficult.

Well, I think that covers just about everything. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me either a VM or PM.

Welcome!
KingOtheStone (Call me Kotsy)

ps: If I left out anything, I'm sure that someone else will post it.

pps: Join Operation Obliviate! (Applies to anyone interested)

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Well welcome! Be sure to read the rules and such. You seem like an intelligent user though so I doubt you'll have any problems n_n

Shoot me a message if you need help with the Dex, breeding tips, or just need a friend.

Thank you :025n172:

@kingothestone
I read all the rules on every subject I intend to play along with so I'm sure I'll have no problems. I'm involved in other forums (not Pokémon) so I basicly know all forum rules.