1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Yes, in Dee Dee It's Dawn (629)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl: Sinnoh League Victors' started by Serebii, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Pokémon Contest! Asatsuki Tournament!!

It's time for the next Pokémon Contest and when Ash & Co. arrive, they quickly meet Dawn's old opponent, Ursula. However, Ursula has a Plusle & a Minun which bring back bad memories for Dawn from her childhood. However, despite this, Dawn is eager to win the next Contest. With Dawn, Ursula and Jessie partaking, it's sure to be a challenge...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Few pics from the episode,
    [IMG139]http://i49.*******.com/975e7p.jpg[/IMG139]
    [IMG139]http://i48.*******.com/2n7ktvc.jpg[/IMG139]
    [IMG139]http://i47.*******.com/2vsmd7r.jpg[/IMG139]

Notes:-
    - It seems that because Dawn was made fun of her looks after the shock from Plusle & Minun she fears them.
    - Jessie also takes part in this contest with Seviper & Carnivine (she alo uses a "Arbok" flute in this episode, she uses it like a snake charmer uses his flute).
    - Dawn, Jessie & Ursula make it to the next round.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  3. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Dawn recalled Piplup. The moment was so precious they milked it.

FFFFF Jessie's appeal was awesome. She used Carnivine and Seviper.

Dawn did an Bubble + Ice Appeal. Piplup wasn't actually seen for most of the Appeal.

Ursula appealed with Gabite and Jigglypuff as expected. Today I had problems with my sound so I couldn't hear any of the attack commands. I'm not confident enough to say what attacks I think her Pokemon used without hearing it for myself so I'll skip it this week.

Jigglypuff's seal was cute.

4. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Great episode, I'm happy that Jessie participated in the contest.

Dawn's appeal was nice, Buneary and Piplup did a great work.

5. Mythic Mist

Mythic Mist Indecent Exposure

SEVIPER WAS RELEASED FROM INSIDE CARNIVINES MOUTH!

That was friggin awesome. For a second I thought they were gonna have jessie act a fool and forget this was a double performance but man. That was something. lol. Though the music coulda been a little more snake charming-ish when jessie plays the flute. I think it's one of the track that plays in movie 10...

Dawns appeal was lame, imo. Freezing bubbles to have them later be destroyed to make sparkles by Buneary and Piplup. And not only that, but it looks like Buneary learned Drill peck! lol. At least thats what it looks like. And I don't think piplup learned drill peck either. Dawn called out the same attack she always does.

Ursula's appeal was cool too. She had gabite juggle Jigglypuff. Made sparkles with Gabites stone edge crashing into jigglypuff's Hyper Voice and then had jigglypuff make a SHINE with its gyro ball grating against the the ground that gabite used sand tomb on. Fun stuff.

This episode was a basic contest episode, nothing too special but it's good we got to see thorough appeals. And yeah, Pikari was explained. Something about pika pika, which im guessing is like static.

6. lutzu

lutzu Well-Known Member

very good episode,Ursula's appeal was better then Dawn's and Jessie's.

7. npdargy312

npdargy312 Master Coordinator

I actually liked Jessie's appeal the most, but that might only be because I don't expect Jessie to be as good as she was.

8. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. Enlightenment

I actually watched this episode just now and the appeal round was boring as ever, except for maybe Ursula's Gabite and Jigglypuff basketball bit. What made the episode for me was Plusle and Minun frequently bothering Dawn. Every time she was doing something dramatic for her contest the 2 would ruin it for her and she'd freak out, which was surprisingly amusing for me. I especially like the end when Ursula and Dawn are facing off with that dramatic 'It's battle time' music only to have Plusle and Minun ruin it again. Overall I was amused. Good funny way to start a two part contest.

9. JJDalts

JJDalts Tobi is a good boy!

You forget Dawn has the power of the writers on her side XD. Although I agree her appeal wasn't that impressive.

Is there any chance Jessie will win this? I noticed in the preview for the next ep doesn't actually show who she's battling. Maybe she battles the winner of Dawn vs Ursula in the final?

10. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

It was impressive but old-fashioned, because we have seen many times before appeals like that. It's more efficient than beautiful. Although the most important thing is that she advanced through the appeal round.

11. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. Enlightenment

Most main characters appeal's are the same. If the audience loves seeing generic ice appeal's then hey 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' I guess. After failing two appeal rounds I think Dawn is afraid to think outside the box. Though I do hope Dawn gets over her fear of the dreaded Plusle and Minun, it's funny now but can get stale like Gible did.

12. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

I liked Dawn's appeal a lot. Loved Buneary, she looked so adorable bouncing on the bubbles. I actually liked her appeal more than Jesse's. Ursula's was the best one.

FINALLY! It's been a while since Buneary showed she liked Pikachu. I loved it.

13. fishyfool

fishyfool And a nice chianti

It's been a while since Buneary actually appeared, to be honest.

Also, Piplup being withdrawn...scenes like this come round only once in a character's lifetime.

14. Bisasam

Bisasam Bulbasaur

OMG IT'S AN ARBOK FLUTE!

Quite a good episode. Jessie's performance was the best.

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

So we arrive in Asatsuki Town and Ursula and her Minun and Plusle appear. We get a flashback to Dawn's preschool days too. I loved to see her female friend and Kenny, they were all so cute.

I didn't think Plusle and Minun, two cute Pokemon would have caused Dawn so much anxiety. Now I know why Dawn is so careful with her hair; she hates static.

As for the Contest, Jessie was ok but Ursula and Gabites' Jigglypuff routine was by far the coolest. At least Dawn makes it to round 2. 9/10

16. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Not a chance. She and her Pokemon looked distressed at one point in the preview. I assume it's because she was facing Ursula and got to see her 'Special Technique' first.

I think even the writers realize what a monster they created in Piplup at this point. It seemed kind of deliberate that they actually showed every motion of recalling Piplup and putting the seal on Piplup's ball. It was kind of like saying " Enjoy this. You will not be seeing this again until the Grand Festival. " The Appeal mostly focused on Buneary too which was welcome. It feels like Buneary hasn't been in a Contest in a long time ...

17. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Zoey and Candice have been spending an awful lot of time together. I think the writers are strongly implying the first lesbian couple in Pokemon.

18. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

I could've sworn I saw Lucas in the flashback when all the kids are sitting down. Buneary finally starts flirting again thank god.

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Buneary has been out of action a lot lately :/

It's probably because of Cyndaquil and Mamoswine being so important at the moment. Glad she got some time in this episode. At least in the appeal round, it got to show some of it's bouncing moves.

20. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

They focused on Piplup and Baneary because the next episode will be on Cynaquil and Mamoswine. Buneary did the appeals whan Dawn got her two last ribbons. Piplup doesn't need to be in a pokeball so I don't think there is a problem with it.