• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yes, in Dee Dee It's Dawn (629)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was pleased to see Ursula again after such a long time and her appeal with Jigglypuff and Gabite was great. Learning why Dawn was called Dee Dee was funny, plus I liked seeing chibi Kenny and Leona. :3

Leonhart

Imagineer
The origin story of Hikari's "Pikari" nickname ended up being much better than I imagined, and I'm glad that Urara's Prasle and Minun got to be involved in bringing it up. Urara's appeal was good even though I didn't think Purin was a suitable Pokemon for her since it was far too cute.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
We see Ursula again, this time with new Pokemon. We also learn why Dawn got the nickname Dee Dee lol. Ursula's gonna use Plusle and Minun to scare Dawn out of the competition.

Alloutℯ

Banned
So Dee Dee stood for Diamond Dandruff. It's not something I expect small children to be saying though especially when the sparkles in Dawn's hair had nothing to do with diamonds at all.

ZilverLox

Banned
So Ursula wasn't as rude here as I had remembered, but I liked her Jigglypuff. I wonder if that Jigglypuff of hers was a nod to the original Jigglypuff, or a nod to Harley's Wigglytuff. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
This was really the first Shinou Contest episode that hyped me up, yet it was also the episode where I noticed how contrived Urara's existence was since she was clearly a Harley clone.

Daizy

I call you honey
So the Dee Dee thing is resolved. Kenny you're dumb as hell. You gave your crush's worst enemy something she can laugh about. And Jessie's whole appeal was awesome and win. That Arbok flute was just amazing.

Who knew that the Deedee nickname would have such a cool origin story. I didn't know what to expect when Kenny first used that name when he first showed up, but seeing the flashback of how it happened was so cute. Ursula using that to her advantage was smart of her since Dawn didn't like Plusle and Minun much after that. I really liked how sneaky Ursula was.

Jnmisty

Is it just me or did the contest battle looked a bit controversial? I mean for starters when Dawn had her pokemon to attack each other to break the encore hold on, the judges should have realized what she was doing to get back into the battle and yet took points from Dawn for it. Plus when Ursula has her pokémon to do some combinations that resulted not only Dawn’s pokemon getting hit, it also hit Dawn as well that resulted with the Diamond Dandruff effect and Ursula laughed at Dawn for it. I think that the judges should have taken more points from Ursula for bad showmanship.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
Is it just me or did the contest battle looked a bit controversial? I mean for starters when Dawn had her pokemon to attack each other to break the encore hold on, the judges should have realized what she was doing to get back into the battle and yet took points from Dawn for it. Plus when Ursula has her pokémon to do some combinations that resulted not only Dawn’s pokemon getting hit, it also hit Dawn as well that resulted with the Diamond Dandruff effect and Ursula laughed at Dawn for it. I think that the judges should have taken more points from Ursula for bad showmanship.

Contests in general come off as rigged in most episodes, honestly. But I agree that Urara's Pokemon electrocuting Hikari should've been a cause for Urara to receive some kind of telling off by the Contest officials, but they weren't around to see it.