• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yes, the guy with spriter in his name has a sprite thread!

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
BUMPAREENO!

My WSC entry, in red and non red forme:
Hoverspoons.gif
LAVASPOONs.gif

Can I have a few more coments than last time?

gtab x3

the sprite looks awesome but i think it is a little squished, and thus making it a bit messy

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
CooooOOOOooooOOOOooommmmeeeeeEEEEEeeeeeEEEEnnnnntt tttttssssss... plz?

Bumper edition:

Please comment. I get no comments.... waaaaaaaaaaahhhhh....

Pokechao's of Mew and Mewtwo:
Mewtwochao.gif
Mewchao.gif

A recolour of primal dialga (Note the improved icon sprite):
PrimalFever.gif

And some revamps from silver:
Revampselection.gif

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Wow, that's a lot of stuff.
I think you did the chaos very well. some of the best I've ever seen! But I think the glow messes them up.
The recolors are well, recolors, so all I can say is that they're good. That would be cool if you made an animation of the patterns glowing.
I have a problem with some of the revamps, some look like basic recolors, while others look like revamps.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Wow, that's a lot of stuff.
I think you did the chaos very well. some of the best I've ever seen! But I think the glow messes them up.
The recolors are well, recolors, so all I can say is that they're good. That would be cool if you made an animation of the patterns glowing.
I have a problem with some of the revamps, some look like basic recolors, while others look like revamps.

Well, I quite like the glow... Although Mewtwo can look abit wierd on a white background... Perhaps that is opinion. I'll try to post it without the glow.
You'd be suprised how many people can't actually recolour stuff. Mind you, it's not really that hard. I was mainly showing off the mini icon sprites, which are revamped (can I call it a revamp?)

on the platinum dialga sprite there is some blue dots at the tail
you made yanmas fangs a bit smaller than they was intended to
love fortress
Gengar needs a bit straighter shading it seems

So it does. I'll go and fix that soon.
Yanma's fangs? Do you mean it's mouth or it's tail spikes?
I thought Forretress was a bit too pillowshaded... but I'm glad you like it, the shading on that was quite hard.
I'm not sure what you mean by "straighter shading".

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
i mean yanmas mouth fangs
and gengar got more lighter shading under its body than closer to the lightest spot

Well, Yanma's mouth fangs looked smaller in the DP sprite, so I shortened them.
As for Gengar, do you mean the shading on it's legs. I still don't quite understand.

Oh, and my WSC entry:

A nuclear green Weavile and Giratina
FissionGreen.gif

scyther_girl

The Skarmory revamp is great. making the metal-like shading must have been hard.
nice fire on moltress too. Gengar and Foretress need some more work, imo.

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
BUMPAREENO!

My WSC entry, in red and non red forme:
Hoverspoons.gif
LAVASPOONs.gif

Can I have a few more coments than last time?

This guy is really great. I have no crit on him.

Bumper edition:

Please comment. I get no comments.... waaaaaaaaaaahhhhh....

Pokechao's of Mew and Mewtwo:
Mewtwochao.gif
Mewchao.gif

A recolour of primal dialga (Note the improved icon sprite):
PrimalFever.gif

And some revamps from silver:
Revampselection.gif

This stuff is all quite good.
Your revamps are amazing!
I have crit on none of it.

Oh, and my WSC entry:

A nuclear green Weavile and Giratina
FissionGreen.gif

These are really cool. I don't have anything bad to say about ethier of them.

Rapid Distortion!

Amateur Philosopher
lmao WPS... you sure love complaining. And arguing. Anyway, not the point. I'll give some legit crit.

Swampert/Koffing- In the red sprite this part looks fine due to the white moustache, but in the normal colors the stache is yella, and it makes it confusing to seperate that from his arms. I like the patterns you did on the limbs and all, very nice. But what I'm sayin is the stache gets all tangled with them due to the combo of colors when i look at it. Love the insignia on the Stomache. Best Part. The top right (for us) poison cloud is very awkwardly shaped, but I get that they're supposed to look random. Do waht you want I guess, on that part.

The Chernobyl Twins- Giratina's face is the main complaint here. Huh? It don't look like him at all. Look at it again... I think the mouth is distorted, or the jaw pieces coming down from the head are overdone, or maybe just his face is Squashed too flat. Weavile: absolutely awesome. No crit on him besides that the shading color used in his midsection (the tops of the right leg for us and up his middle to almost where it touches his feather mane) looks awkward how it is. Like its either too big a piece of one color, or the color's just wrong. Too light compared to the surrounding parts? Could be.

Mew Chao- On his tail- the bottom-most showing part of it, going at a diagonal... too straight. Tail looks squashed in that part. I understand it's prob supposed to be behind him partly, but I'm just sayin how it looks.

Silver Revamps- Okay, I understand most imperfections are due to the original sprites, but I have faith that you can fix some of them better than you did. Comon now. You fixed tail spikes and jaw on Yanma, so why not fix his bottom-most leg? It looks totally misshapen. Slowpoke.. Border in front is all pink, in back its all black. Looks bad. Octillery- Forehead yellow bead- Awkwardly positioned/shaped. change it a little. Mareep- Above his front right leg (for us) you have a strange half-crescent of dark shading. Looks very strange there. Maybe less dark would work, not quite sure. I see what you did with Pidgey's tail to bring it up to current specifications, but... it looks cut off at a strange angle. Fix it or change it back to Silver standards. Forretress- bigger fixer-upper on here. Top of his shell is realllly mangled. Part above his right eye (for us) looks almost like a disconnected piece of seperate shell. Bad. Primape- you did a good job trying to clean up his right ear (for us) but it wasn't good enough. Looks strange and convoluted under his raised arm. So does the hair on top his head. Between the ears. Scyther? Look at his left foot, left for us. Too small/short. Bleh. And what's with the claw stickin off his other foot like it f'in broken? Gengar- Weird stuff happenin above his right eye for us. Look at the OG sprite, how they just have that up-pointing strip of light... make it a lil more like that, why dontcha? Lastly, the upper part of his right leg (for us.) Weird lookin, I believe because of the light patch you put here being too big. Slim it down I suggest.

Once again, I know revamps are mostly supposed to be direct copies into newer colors and shading technique. But you took the liberty of changing things on most guys... So you should have to fix what else looks awkward. I'm really impressed by the revamps overall tho, Great job. Your display reminds me how much I love G/S/C Art. Spectacular.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
lmao WPS... you sure love complaining. And arguing. Who doesn't? Anyway, not the point. I'll give some legit crit.

Swampert/Koffing- In the red sprite this part looks fine due to the white moustache, but in the normal colors the stache is yella, and it makes it confusing to seperate that from his arms. I must admit, I think your computers colours are a bit wierd. The white stasch is pink, and not a light pink at that, and to me looks more blended in then the yellow stasch. Maybe I should make it a lighter shade for both... I like the patterns you did on the limbs and all, very nice. But what I'm sayin is the stache gets all tangled with them due to the combo of colors when i look at it. Love the insignia on the Stomache. Best Part. The top right (for us) poison cloud is very awkwardly shaped It's actually a cloud coloured version of Alakazam's spoon, but I can see it is rather awkward. I think that might be because I scratched over where it was obscured by the hand. I might just remove that., but I get that they're supposed to look random. Do waht you want I guess, on that part.

The Chernobyl Twins- Giratina's face is the main complaint here. Huh? It don't look like him at all. Look at it again... I think the mouth is distorted, or the jaw pieces coming down from the head are overdone, or maybe just his face is Squashed too flat. It's 100% recolour. I can blame that on the sprite. It's the second frame by the way.Weavile: absolutely awesome. No crit on him besides that the shading color used in his midsection (the tops of the right leg for us and up his middle to almost where it touches his feather mane) looks awkward how it is. Like its either too big a piece of one color, or the color's just wrong. Too light compared to the surrounding parts? Could be. Well, now that it is no longer under contest regulations, I could reshade it. It's shading was designed around a darker colour...

Mew Chao- On his tail- the bottom-most showing part of it, going at a diagonal... too straight. Tail looks squashed in that part. I understand it's prob supposed to be behind him partly, but I'm just sayin how it looks. I agree.

Silver Revamps- Okay, I understand most imperfections are due to the original sprites, but I have faith that you can fix some of them better than you did. Comon now. You fixed tail spikes and jaw on Yanma, so why not fix his bottom-most leg? It looks totally misshapen. I think I get you... it looks kind of broken in several places. Slowpoke.. Border in front is all pink, in back its all black. Looks bad. Yeah, I'm not even sure where the light source is on that one. Octillery- Forehead yellow bead- Awkwardly positioned/shaped. change it a little.I think it's larger in the DP sprite. Maybe it will look better if I do that. Mareep- Above his front right leg (for us) you have a strange half-crescent of dark shading. Looks very strange there. Maybe less dark would work, not quite sure. I'll try that. I see what you did with Pidgey's tail to bring it up to current specifications, but... it looks cut off at a strange angle. Fix it or change it back to Silver standards. I know what to do to fix that. Forretress- bigger fixer-upper on here. Top of his shell is realllly mangled. Part above his right eye (for us) looks almost like a disconnected piece of seperate shell. Ok, i understand why. I'll fix that.Bad. Primape- you did a good job trying to clean up his right ear (for us) but it wasn't good enough. Looks strange and convoluted under his raised arm. Hmm... I can't quite see it. I see it looks kind of wierd, but I'm not sure how. So does the hair on top his head. Between the ears. Scyther? Look at his left foot, left for us. Too small/short. I got bored with scyther, so I hadn't actually attempted to fix that. Bleh. And what's with the claw stickin off his other foot like it f'in broken? Ditto Gengar- Weird stuff happenin above his right eye for us. Look at the OG sprite, how they just have that up-pointing strip of light... make it a lil more like that, why dontcha? Lastly, the upper part of his right leg (for us.) Weird lookin, I believe because of the light patch you put here being too big. Slim it down I suggest. I think I understand on the legs, but less so the eye thing. I'll look at the DP sprite some more, and see if i understand you.

Once again, I know revamps are mostly supposed to be direct copies into newer colors and shading technique. But you took the liberty of changing things on most guys... So you should have to fix what else looks awkward. I'm really impressed by the revamps overall tho, Great job. Your display reminds me how much I love G/S/C Art. Spectacular.

I'll try to actually add fixes to the sprites, but I have a lot of homework and a rather lazy attitude.

I have got a few sprites piled up. Contests are a good source of motivation for me.

It'sa me. Well, sort of. I'm incredibly bad at Trainer sprites.
Me.gif

This is a chao for a contest. it's a shiny Roserade playing the trumpet.
RoseradeT-1.gif

This is a normal type umbreon.
Eevumbreon-1.gif

Rapid Distortion!

Amateur Philosopher
Bahaha Normal type Umbreon? Think you mean Elongated Eevee.

Yes, Of course I know what you meant, you used the umbreon sprite and made it normalblahblahblah... point is, you coulda done better than exact eevee copy.

And on the Roserade trumpet playing Chao - Notes are too big, or they get too big by the end of the sequence. Overpowering the Chao.