• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

yet another battle maison team

yeah for now this is theorymon i'm not sure if i'll actually use this team though pre-pokebank so weird mons are weird

Gallade @ Focus Sash
252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Jolly Nature
Trait: Steadfast
~ Taunt
~ Charm
~ Memento
~ Skill Swap

Sort of a cheap Gen 5 Whimsicott imitation, obviously far worse due to no Prankster, but lets see how this works. I'm not really good at EV's so they could need some work. Basic cripple strategy though and it seems pretty simple, though I'm also not sure about the new AI.

Manectric @ Choice Scarf
252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 Def
Jolly Nature
Trait: Lightningrod
~ Switcheroo
~ Flash
~ Thunder Wave
~ Eerie Impulse

Haven't really seen anybody use this bastard as a tricker before! Sure, he's fragile, but the main reason I'm using Manectric over something like a Rotom appliance is Eerie Impulse. This way, I can cripple special attackers just as much as I can cripple physical ones.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
204 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 28 SpDef / 6 Spe
Adamant Nature
Trait: Multiscale
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Substitute
~ Fire Punch

Jumpman's Dragonite. Just as astounding as it was in Gen 5. Multiscale means it will survive everything, it hits like a monster at +6/+6, you know the drill.

This is sort of my first Battle Frontier thread so bear with me ok thanks

Last edited:

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Ur gallade or ur manectric should have some attacks up their sleeve so in case dragonite dies ur not left hopeless

For Manectric
-Get rid of flash as I see no reason to use it, replace that with a STAB such as thunderbolt or thunder
-Jolly is not a good nature for manectric because it lowers sp. atk which is actually manectric's best stat along with its speed. It should run a timid nature which lowers its attack that it doesn't need

For Gallade
-u don't need to skill swap steadfast because it could actually be useful if someone used fake out on u
-btw u hav HP listed twice

Ur dragonite is fine, it can get some dragon dances off behind a substitute because its so bulky, but other ppl might hav other opinions

If u choose not to follow my advice, then watch out for taunt because they can leave u using struggle

Last edited:

iTarTar

Swap out Gallade for a Meowstic or Sabeleye or Klefki, they do the job much better with far fewer weaknesses.
Manectric as a tricker... Never heard of it xD I see what you're trying to do, but Durant would be better. Plus what's the point of Charm and Eerie after Memento?
Dragonite gets walled by Fairies and Scizor. Switch Substitute for Fire Punch and get rid of the defense EVs, 20 in defense won't do anything at level 50, and put them into HP.

Other than that, you have a mediocre imitation thanks to the introduction of Fairy types. The whole idea of this set will have to be re worked to function as well as it did in Gen 5, but you'll get results.

Okay. The point of this team is to use Manectric and Gallade to cripple the opponent's lead as much as possible so that Dragonite can come in, set up to as high as possible, and sweep. This is made possible by the fact that the AI does not switch [though I'm not sure how mechanics may have changed]. The moves I have now are specifically designed for this purpose. As far as I know the Taunt users in the Maison are few and far between.

I do this with the following:
Taunt makes sure that after the Switcheroo, the opponent is not locked into a passive move: the AI will switch if they are locked into a non-attacking move.
Charm cripples the opponent's Attack stat.
Memento cripples both offenses of the opponent.
Skill Swap removes troublesome abilities like Sticky Hold.

Switcheroo locks the opponent into a single move getting rid of a lot of hax.
Flash cripples the opponent's accuracy.
Thunder Wave cripples speed.
Eerie Impulse cripples special attack.

With everything set, Dragonite would have nothing to fear and can set up easily. Is this understood?

iTarTar

Fire Punch.....

Could you elaborate why Fire Punch would be useful? All my current attacks are essential as I see it, with Dragon Dance being setup, Outrage as the attack, Roost for recovery, and Substitute as hax protection.

KillerDraco

Could you elaborate why Fire Punch would be useful? All my current attacks are essential as I see it, with Dragon Dance being setup, Outrage as the attack, Roost for recovery, and Substitute as hax protection.

Because you can't touch Fairy types. Period. You have one attacking move on your entire team, Outrage. It's a dragon type move. Fairy types are immune to dragon type moves. This is not a difficult concept. One type completely walls your entire team.

iTarTar

Outrage can never hit a Fairy type, they are immune to Dragon type moves.

coolerdynastic

But sadly an Azumarill can completelt wall off the whole team unless Manectric has some STAB moves to counter him back. Then again if your Dragonite dies you are in deep trouble

At +6 Fire Punch is killing stuff. And with the opponent so crippled Dragonite isn't dying very often.

I sincerely apologize for the Fire Punch mistake. I wasn't thinking straight, and I am sorry for that.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Hey Chris, as you asked, here I am.

Yeah I don't really know what you could use as a Lead instead of Gallade until Pokebank. Smeargle is an idea, as it gets Spore and Parting Shot making it easier for DNite to set up. Other than that, Whimsi is by far the better choice sporting Prankster. You could try Truant Durant at some point, and then run a Sweeper > Manectric too, however I'm not sure how the mechanics are this Gen regarding Truant and Entrainment.

Dragon Claw > Outrage is an option, considering that you'll be aiming to gain +3 ~ +6, meaning you won't notice teh power difference.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah I don't really know what you could use as a Lead instead of Gallade until Pokebank. Smeargle is an idea, as it gets Spore and Parting Shot making it easier for DNite to set up. Other than that, Whimsi is by far the better choice sporting Prankster. You could try Truant Durant at some point, and then run a Sweeper > Manectric too, however I'm not sure how the mechanics are this Gen regarding Truant and Entrainment.

I can speak from experience that Truant Durant works exactly like it did in 5th Gen, so that's still an option. The only difference is that the AI might be bit smarter about actively using Protect to prevent Durant from using Entrainment, though that could just be the AI being stupidly lucky as usual. Though if Truant Durant is considered, I'd definitely swap out Manectric for another sweeper with Protect and also go for Dragon Claw over Outrage. I realize I'm parroting this post now, so I'll end here. Not sure if you want to go around switching your current team that much, though.

Hoppian

Dedicated Writer
I´m not used to the use of leads like your gallade, so I can´t say to much about it... But I had a manectric almost equal to yours in B/W (flawess and shiny; she´s the apple of my eyes, and got via GTS); switchroo is nice, and I used Flash too, but after some changes, I ended using switchroo/HP ice/Flametrower/Thunderbolt, Timid with 252 sp. atk and speed/4 hp and it did very well, but I stoped using it because I´m better with teams using swepers...
With Scoliped now having Speed Boost as it´s HA, why don´t you use it as a leader or Batom passer? something like:
Scolipede@Black sludge
Adamant/Jolly
-Toxic spikes
-Spikes
-Earthquake/Rock Slide/Poison Jab/Mega Horn
or
Scolipede@Black Sludge
Adamant/Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Iron Defence
-Mega Horn
-Baton Pass

Scolipede can either be a good leader or be a baton passing to make Manectric and Dragonite´s lives easier. And It helps at handling faries.
Hope I´ve helped you (by experience I advice you at least of thinking of changing the moves of your manectric...)

KillerDraco

I´m not used to the use of leads like your gallade, so I can´t say to much about it... But I had a manectric almost equal to yours in B/W (flawess and shiny; she´s the apple of my eyes, and got via GTS); switchroo is nice, and I used Flash too, but after some changes, I ended using switchroo/HP ice/Flametrower/Thunderbolt, Timid with 252 sp. atk and speed/4 hp and it did very well, but I stoped using it because I´m better with teams using swepers...
With Scoliped now having Speed Boost as it´s HA, why don´t you use it as a leader or Batom passer? something like:
Scolipede@Black sludge
Adamant/Jolly
-Toxic spikes
-Spikes
or
Scolipede@Black Sludge
Adamant/Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Iron Defence
-Mega Horn
-Baton Pass

Scolipede can either be a good leader or be a baton passing to make Manectric and Dragonite´s lives easier. And It helps at handling faries.
Hope I´ve helped you (by experience I advice you at least of thinking of changing the moves of your manectric...)

Spikes and Toxic Spikes are of relatively little use in the Battle Maison. The AI rarely if ever switches, and they only use three Pokemon total, so typically you're looking at two instances of Spikes dealing damage. Not really worth the setup time.

And in the instance of having Scolipede be a Baton Passer, Substitute is typically of more use than Iron Defense. Iron Defense leaves you vulnerable on the special side, while Sub can take any hit that comes your way. Plus, it blocks Status, which can easily stop you cold. Finally, since Dragonite is being passed a Substitute, it actually frees up its movepool for more coverage since it doesn't have to carry Substitute itself. In fact, if it's getting passed its boosts as well, then it can usually afford to go 3 Attacks + Roost.