• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yet Another Newbie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Shiny Hunter
/l\8/l\

Hi! I'm A_wild_CHARIZARD! ;006; You may recognize my username from Pretend You're Xyzzy (though probably not). Anyway, what to say? I guess I can talk about my favorite things (did I get that song stuck in your head? No? Darn...)

I love shiny hunting. There is such a distinct feeling of achievement when hard work and determination pay off with an awesome little 1 in 8192 Pokebuddy. I attain my shiny babies by soft resetting, trading, random encounters, and occassionally Masuda method.

My favorite pokemon is (give you three guesses, first two don't count): Charizard! I was a die-hard Eevee fan until I finally soft reset my way to my current favorite Pokebuddy, Charcoal.

I carried my shiny Eevee, Shimmer, with me everywhere in my Pokewalker, including to Yellowstine National Park and the Grand Canyon. After meeting Charcoal, however, he turned into my constant companion, and is strapped to my shirt as I type. I imagine if he was real, he'd be napping, which I feel like doing (but I have homework- opps!).

My favorite Pokemon game is probably SoulSilver (and HeartGold) mostly because I simply adore the fact that your Pokebuds follow you (squee!) so it won me over pretty quickly. The fact that they actually show up in their shiny sprites when following just made it that much better. Although Diamond holds a special place in my heart for simply being the first Pokemon game that I actually owned myself, not played soemine else's.

As you can see in my signature, I have quite a few shiny Pokebuds up for trade. If you want one, just send me a PM and we can work something out. If you find yourself in possession of a shiny I have listed as wanted, let me know what you want and I'll get it for you.

About me is too hard, so I just answered all the X and Y profile questions:

What's your Nature?-
Quirky​

What do you like about Pokemon?-
Raising Pokemon​

How do you like to battle?-
It's a secret! (battle me to find out!)​

What item do you use most often?-
Bicycle​

What's your favorite type of music?-
Rock (Game Themes is a super close 2nd)​

What time of day do you like best?-
Night​

What is your favorite place to be?-
At a Pokemon Center (the one in NYC is awesome!)​

How do you spend your free time?-
Tie between Reading, Watching movies, and Playing video games​

What's important to you?-
Friendship​

What's your secret?-
I actually have kids of my own! (small, fuzzy kids- normal people call them rats)​

What do you want from others?-
Feel free to invite me to something!​

What's your favorite Pokemon type?-
Fire​

What is your favorite color?-
Red​

What do you do?-
Make things (I use sculpey clay to make Pokemon figurines, they'll be posted on my profile soon)​

What's your favorite fashion style?-
Colorful​

What kind of stories do you like?-
Science fiction, horror, and fantasy (Star Trek/Wars; The Thing, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and Silence of the Lambs; The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, His Dark Materials, and The Bronze Horseman (which is actually Historical Fiction))​
___

Moving on!

I was wondering, I've seen a lot of people with the result of their taking the what Pokemon are you quiz. I want that in my signature too, but I can't get it to work. How do I do it? Thanks. (This is the one I mean, by the way: dragonflycave what pokemon are you quiz)

Last edited:

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Hey there! Welcome to Serebii!
If you want a friend, have any questions about the place, or just want someone to talk to, feel free to send me a FR or PM/VM me!

I see you have more shiny Charizard than I do, as I only have two.

Vern

Why not both?
http://www.dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx?oldlink=1

if you want to take the test, simply use the link, answer the questions, and drag the .png file onto your desktop if you are using a mac. or if you are using something else, there's a forum code you can use.

And, welcome to Serebii forums! Feel free to pm me or something if you have anything you want to talk about.

V

Shiny Hunter
Perhaps I haven't met certain "noob" requirements yet, but it gives me an error message when I try to use the forum code... It says something like "not permitted," so I'll try again after I've posted more.

I'd also like to point out that I am on mobile (iPad) and maybe that is the problem.

Last edited:

Peridomic

Trainor/Performer
Well how many posts do you have so far? i'm kinda new here to so I don't know the whole Serebii rules thing. I would like it if we could be friends though

V

Shiny Hunter
I've made 6 posts, 7 after this one. I wonder why my signature didn't show up on that other one (never mind! I fixed it). Oh well. Sure, we can be friends! :) PM me your friend code, I'll add you later. I have to go to work until 6 (ew).

Home from work and doing (ugh) homework in which I must read a boring butt book and answer questions to study for a test. While I do that I am also horde hunting a shiny Trevevant or Sudowoodo. Yay!

Also, found out I'm working the DAY OF ORAS RELEASE NOOOOOOO!!! I am going to have to get this fixed ASAP. I don't want to miss it. :(

Last edited:

Vern

Why not both?
I recall you need to have 15 posts to post images, but i'm quite sure you can post images in your signature before that...

V

Shiny Hunter
Huh. Not sure. I found out that some of my posts didn't actually count as posts anyway, so I'm not sure what I'm really at. I have up on studying. The book is so boring it makes me want to cry. I'm just going to hope that I don't fail the test and probably have a the-day-before panicked burst of study ability. Right now I'm just tired and want a stupid shiny to show.

The little thing on my posts here says I have 3 posts. I really feel like I have more. Maybe I've just been posting where they don't actually count without realizing it. Or maybe that means posts I've started, I don't know. Do you?

Vern

Why not both?
Post count means posts in forums that add to your post count. For example, In game RMT, posting in forums that don't count your post count won't add to it (like this one, or the game forum.)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Correct, posting in some of the sub-forums (such as Games) does not count towards your post count. On the main page, sub-forums where posting doesn't count towards your post count, have a note under their name saying so.

Canada

Banned
welcome to the forums!

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Ohhh, I forgot to welcome ya! ^^;

Welcome! And Charmander was my favorite Pokemon for a while until Braviary came along~
So cool you have a few shiny Charizards :)

emilychu

Raichu Enthusiast
hey im new too,,
i just dont have very many friends
thought id try a pokesite
i am sorry

im on skype a lot if anyone wants to talk??

Status
Not open for further replies.