• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yet Another Pokemon Red Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Alright, here we go...

Charizard

flamethrower/fire blast
dig
slash
submission

It'll get flamethrower instead of fire blast if it learns it before the e4.

Raichu

thunderbolt
Body Slam
Thunder Wave
Double Team

Helps cover charizard.

Victreebell

razor leaf
acid
double Edge
Sleep Powder

Don't tell me to use solarbeam. Critical hits are based on speed, so victrebell gets a critical hit with razor leaf all the time, giving it basically 110 base power.

Dugtrio

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Slash
Sand-Attack

pretty much explains itself. I'm not sure if I should use sand-attack or dig.

Snorlax

Body Slam
Amnesia
Surf
Psychic

Paralyze, then amnesia, finally... kill everything.

Cloyster

Surf
Blizzard
Explosion
Ice Beam

I love this thing, it's so strong. I know I want blizzard, surf, and explosion, but I'm not sure what to put last...

Anyway, this is my team. Please give me some advice. Thank you :)

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Alright, here we go...

Charizard

flamethrower/fire blast
dig
slash
submission

It'll get flamethrower instead of fire blast if it learns it before the e4.

Seismic Toss over Submission. Earthquake would be preferable to Dig, use Flame Thrower (Level 46)

Raichu

thunderbolt
Body Slam
Thunder Wave
Double Team

Helps cover charizard.

Generic set, not much you can do with it really.

Victreebell

razor leaf
acid
double Edge
Sleep Powder

Don't tell me to use solarbeam. Critical hits are based on speed, so victrebell gets a critical hit with razor leaf all the time, giving it basically 110 base power.

What kind of idiot would tell you to use Solar Beam? Swords Dance over Acid, consider Body Slam instead of Double Edge if you intend for Victreebel to stick around.

Dugtrio

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Slash
Sand-Attack

pretty much explains itself. I'm not sure if I should use sand-attack or dig.

Stick with Sand Attack.

Snorlax

Body Slam
Amnesia
Surf
Psychic

Paralyze, then amnesia, finally... kill everything.

You're basing the set on the assumption that Body Slam causes paralysis. If it doesn't then you're wasting time. You're going for a special sweeper, so drop Body Slam altogether and replace it with Rest. Personally I'd go for Blizzard over Surf.

Cloyster

Surf
Blizzard
Explosion
Ice Beam

I love this thing, it's so strong. I know I want blizzard, surf, and explosion, but I'm not sure what to put last...

Drop Ice Beam for Substitute, to give you some kind of defence against electric and grass attacks.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Seismic Toss over Submission. Earthquake would be preferable to Dig, use Flame Thrower (Level 46)

What would Seismic Toss hit that Submission wouldn't, aside from things Charizard shouldn't be battling to start with? Not that I'd object to Seismic.

Cloyster

Surf
Blizzard
Explosion
Ice Beam

You could try Clamp for some late-game paralysis chip damage, if your playing in an environment where that works.

Last edited:

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Ehh... good point. There are times where a free 100 damage would be more than fire or earthquake, and if it does more than Earthquake odds are it would do more than submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.