• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Yet another UU Team. (Defensive-ish)

There seems to be a lot of these floating around lately, and usually I'm an OU only type of person, so this is really my first Dive into playing UU. Changes are in Bold.

Glance:
Spr_3e_059.gif
Spr_2c_034.gif
Spr_3e_350.gif
Spr_4p_480.png
Spr_3e_297.gif
Spr_4d_442.png

With that out of the way, lets look at this pure UU team (Because I doubt this is good enough for OU.)

059Arcanine.png

Arcanine (Hobbes)@Lum Berry
Naughty/Intimidate
192 HP/252Atk/64Spe
-Flare Blitz
-Extreme Speed
-Toxic
-Hidden Power Grass

Lead Arcanine takes Electrode's spot, apparently this thing takes on almost all UU Leads one on one with Ease. Much more solid than both Mixed Arcy and Electrode. I have only a few problems, as usual. Lum Berry protects him from status, but Arcanine won't stand up to LeadTrode without a Sash. However, conisdering I haven't seen too many yet, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

034Nidoking.png

Nidoking (Barney)@Life Orb
Mild/Poison Point
100 Atk/158 SpA/252 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

- EarthQuake
- Superpower

Well, SOMETHING needed to replace Arcanine, so the suggestion was given for a Mixed Nidoking to break stalls. BoltBeam provides coverage, and EQ gives STAB. Superpower is just for pure power. I gave him 100 Atk EVs as the suggested 80 was too low IMO. Speed has been given to outspeed Timid Milotic. Yet, I still have an itching feelign that I'm not putting enough oomph into the Attacking Stats.

350Milotic.png

Milotic (Nessie)@Leftovers
Bold/Marvel Scale
252 HP/108 Def/148 SpA
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Haze
- Recover

This one is similar to a Smogon Set(s), but with a few things shuffled. But that's just because Milotic only has so few things worthwhile unless its running specs. Anyway, Hypnosis is inaccurate, and Uxie and Venusaur already have sleep inducing moves. Thus, Milotic has Haze to deter Mismagius and others from setting up to sweep. The rest of the moves should be quite obvious as far as reasoning goes

480Uxie.png

Uxie (Calvin)@Leftovers
Careful/Levitate
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- U-Turn

Uxie has a simple strategy behind it, Status everything in sight, Set up some Rocks, then GTFO. Thunder Wave is for when I need something Crippled in speed, Yawn is basically to force a Switch and Psudo-Haze. Rocks, I think, are needed on every team. Finally, U-Turn is when Uxie's job is done.

297Hariyama.png

Hariyama (Yer Mum)@Leftovers
Impish/Thick Fat
80 HP/172 Atk/252 Def/4 Spe
- Force Palm
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off.
- Whirlwind

This is my Team's Big Fat Tank. Milotic was my Sleek Thin Tank. Once again, its Smogon-tastic so not much to say here.

ArtMikaruge.png

Spiritomb (The Rock)@Leftovers
Bold/Pressure
252 HP/200 SpD/52 Def/4 SpA
- Dark Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I wish this thing could just be named "**** You Mismagius", as it's only purpose is to prevent the Ghost from sweeping my team. I gave it SpD rather than Def so it resists Mismagius even more so than it already does. It absorbs Hidden Power Fighting, and wont take much damage from a Shadow Ball. Then, it just destroys with its own Dark Pulse, and rests when it needs health. Plain and simple. Not only that, but it also helps with taking down Absol, another big threat to the team. As it doesn't fear Night Slash/Sucker Punch, and absorbs SuperPower and Psycho Cut.

All images come from Bulbgarden, but are drawn by Ken Sugimori (As if you didn't know.)

Last edited:
Normally, I don't like to bump, but come on guys, even if there is nothing to fix (Which I doubt), at least say "Looks Good" or something.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
"Looks Good"

BlackHeart

Gnarf Gnarf Gnarf
IMO, if you are going to post UU or Uber Teams here, post them at Smogon. Most raters are unfamilar with the UU/Uber/NU/Little Cup Metagame, and you can expect the thread to sink/have a bunch of Good Jobs. Anyway, can't SubCM Mismagusis sweep your team? I can see a lot of holes, like setting up against Milotic and resisting the large doses of status your team posses. Honestly, I know nothing about the UU metagame except about when an Absol/Mismagusis can sweep a team, and actually it looks like it can sweep this too, (Absol fyi) if it runs Night Slash over Superpower, but most don't so it's not too bad.

IMO, if you are going to post UU or Uber Teams here, post them at Smogon. Most raters are unfamilar with the UU/Uber/NU/Little Cup Metagame, and you can expect the thread to sink/have a bunch of Good Jobs. Anyway, can't SubCM Mismagusis sweep your team? I can see a lot of holes, like setting up against Milotic and resisting the large doses of status your team posses. Honestly, I know nothing about the UU metagame except about when an Absol/Mismagusis can sweep a team, and actually it looks like it can sweep this too, (Absol fyi) if it runs Night Slash over Superpower, but most don't so it's not too bad.

SD Absol can't even 2HKO Hariyama with Night Slash, even if its Adamant, with a Life orb and Max Atk. Hariyama OHKOs Absol with force palm a good 85% of the time.

Mismagius is a threat, this team sucks Vs. Ghosts as only Arcanine is running Crunch.

However, if I run Payback on Hariyama, Mismagius can't OHKO with a +1 Shadow Ball, and Yama OHKOs with Payback after she attacks. However, I'll lose the ability to knock off the foe's items, what do you guys think?

BlackHeart

Gnarf Gnarf Gnarf
Psycho Cut, silly. +2 Psycho Cut KOs. And about Mismagis, is she can land two shadow balls if she has a sub up, which screws you over. And thats really all I can help you with. I only know how Mismagius, Tomb, Crobat, Honchrow, Gatr, and Absol does damage so sorry.

Psycho Cut, silly. +2 Psycho Cut KOs. And about Mismagis, is she can land two shadow balls if she has a sub up, which screws you over. And thats really all I can help you with. I only know how Mismagius, Tomb, Crobat, Honchrow, Gatr, and Absol does damage so sorry.

I'm dumb.

Still, ran another Calc. Max Psycho Cut with SD and LO(Non Crit of Course) still leaves Hariyama standing with 2 HP. Now that I know this, I can no longer call Absol a threat.

Mismagius, is another story. I could use Spiritomb and CM with it, eventually beating it out with Sucker Punch, or I could use Drapion, as it could handle everything on an HP Fighting set well, and then take it down with Crunch or Persuit

I'll have to take the night to think about, either way, I'm guessing Venusaur must go.

King45King

Im Just a King.
This team looks fairly Decent. But the only thing i think you should change is toxic And put Haze up there...It really helps your team if a Pokemon is trying set up and haze stop them in their tracks...I'll rate Your team fully tomorrow.

~King.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Still, ran another Calc. Max Psycho Cut with SD and LO(Non Crit of Course) still leaves Hariyama standing with 2 HP. Now that I know this, I can no longer call Absol a threat.

Did you take into account SR?

Monochrome

OK cant give a completely full rate now but I'll mention few things

Your Arcanine is COMPLETELY outclassed by Blaziken for mixed sweeping. The only Arcanine that should be used is Bulky Arcanine as a Lead, because honestly, it beats nearly every lead 1 v 1. It also could act as a late game priority killer after its lead work is done, unlike Electrode who could easily go to waste if you do not predict the ghost switch correctly. The set for the Bulky Lead Arcy is:

Arcanine @ Lum Berry
Intimidate
192 HP / 252Atk / 64Spe
Naughty
~Flare Blitz
~X Speed
~Toxic
~HP Grass

HP Grass is optional as I was having trouble finishing off Slowbro. But you can change that around if you desire, although I recommend leaving it to fight against Regirock

Basically, this beats almost EVERY UU LEAD 1 v1.

This allows you to use a stall breaker in place of electrode. Id highly recommend a MixNidoking with 80Atk EVS and a Mild Nature with Super Power / EQ / Bolt Beam. You may use EP if you want, thats perfectly fiine, but then you kinda lose coverage against Registeel, who could give you problems

Just my suggestions, but I recommend you try the Nido as you lack a stall breaker

OK cant give a completely full rate now but I'll mention few things

Your Arcanine is COMPLETELY outclassed by Blaziken for mixed sweeping. The only Arcanine that should be used is Bulky Arcanine as a Lead, because honestly, it beats nearly every lead 1 v 1. It also could act as a late game priority killer after its lead work is done, unlike Electrode who could easily go to waste if you do not predict the ghost switch correctly. The set for the Bulky Lead Arcy is:

Arcanine @ Lum Berry
Intimidate
192 HP / 252Atk / 64Spe
Naughty
~Flare Blitz
~X Speed
~Toxic
~HP Grass

HP Grass is optional as I was having trouble finishing off Slowbro. But you can change that around if you desire, although I recommend leaving it to fight against Regirock

Basically, this beats almost EVERY UU LEAD 1 v1.

This allows you to use a stall breaker in place of electrode. Id highly recommend a MixNidoking with 80Atk EVS and a Mild Nature with Super Power / EQ / Bolt Beam. You may use EP if you want, thats perfectly fiine, but then you kinda lose coverage against Registeel, who could give you problems

Just my suggestions, but I recommend you try the Nido as you lack a stall breaker

I was going to use Thunder Fang, as both it and HP Grass 3-4HKO Slowbro. But, I forgot about Regirock. I was facing a multitude of things hampering me with Electrode and I was about to post lead suggestions anyway.

Nidoking sounds good I'll try him out, really I'm at the mercy of the raters because my knowledge of UU combat is just as limited as BlackHeart's.

Monochrome

Actually, I am positive HPGrass does much more to average Slowbro, as Slowbro are physical, and will probably be 2-3HKOd.

Your team is honestly fine, its just that it lacks a way to break stall :/, apart from MAYBE Cro-tomb. Blaziken is the IDEAL wall breaker, but it would open too many weaknesses alongside Arcy. But if you look at it they share similar weaknesses anyways so whatever. Although Nido does get the handy SR Resist.

So apart from stall and perhaps the lack of hard and cold sweepers, this si a fine team. It just looks from first glance a bit like a stall team, but not all the way there.

EDIT: On the new changes, I recommend you max speed on Nidoking. Honestly, you cannot afford to be outsped and KOd by Timid Milotic, which are increasing in popularity.
Also FB + ES is enough for fragile stuff like Swellow, so that shouldnt be a problem

Last edited:
Done. I still have my doubts on the EV spread, I feel 80 is too low for Atk. But at the same time, 158 is too low for SpA.

Monochrome

well, why do you feel its too low? If its the three digit factor, just consider its higher by I think 5 POINTS. The 80 Atk EVs IIRC allow it to 2HKO standard chansey with a 2 Superpowers. Nido can then switch back later and proceed to break other walls with its deadly BoltBeam. EQ is enough for registeel ,as all it can do in return is go boom. Regis shouldnt be too much of a problem though considering you are running Hariyama, although Im a bit iffy on Force Palm. Id say give the standard SubPunch set a Try. Yes, it doesnt have whirlwind but Uxie is probably enough for shuffling. Dont forget, you have Nido's unpredictability to cause switches as well.

Basic points: 80 EV's isnt a random number, its specified to deal damage to Chansey. Due to the low attack EVs EP is also a good choice over EQ, as it attacks off its higher stat in this case and catches stuff like Steelix off guard. But Im skeptical about 2 Superpowers 2HKOing a Registeel, so you'll need something else for that then :/

Eh, I always get those sorts of feelings with Mixed Sweepers. Mostly because I have big problems allocating EVs with them. I'll run with 80 EVs.

This is the one time I'm going to say No, at most on Hariyama, I'll change Force palm to BB. However, I ran some calcs. Only Explosion from each of the Regi Trio 2HKOs. However, that eliminates them and still leaves Hariyama standing with at most about 200 HP. Nothing else they can throw (Besides Paralysis) really scares Him. I like keeping things in check, and as of now, Whirlwind hasn't failed me yet.

Monochrome

Oh well if it just 2HKOes thats fine. The only boom you need to watch out for from regis is regircok, but since they are slow you can try and run a tiny bit more speed, like 12 Spe. I know this is weird, but many regi nowadays try and outspeed such Hariyama, with 8 Spe, but 12 Spe gets the jump on them.
Yuo could probably detract from attack, as Hariyama wont be doing much damage with FPalm or BB for that matter

Oh and if Regi leads dont scare you, and they shouldnt, Hari is a good check, run Crunch over HP GRass anyways, this could KINDA alleviate your SubCMMissy weak. Also, if you want a solid check, fitting in a standard 252HP / 200Sdef /56 Atk Careful Registeel is a solid hceck, always breaking subs with Iron Head and HP Fight doing paltry damage to it. IIRC Iron head will do about 42% to the same Mismagius, a 3HKO

Last edited: