• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[YGO]Card Discussion!7/12/05!Power Bond

Status
Not open for further replies.

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
Ok...I came across this card when trying to make a Machine Deck..Power Bond...Lets take Cyber End Dragon for example!Activate Power Bond and Cyber End Dragon's attack power goes to 8000.You beat your opponent..but does you life points get minused?Discuss!

Yami Ron

Elite Member
First, if you do successfully attack the opponent's LP directly with the 8000, you will win (provided the opponent doesn't have more than 8000).

Second, if you aren't successful with the attack, you only lose 4000 LP at the End Phase of your turn by the effect of Power Bond (the original ATK of Cyber End Dragon).

Too situational if you ask me. ONLY works on machine fusions, which thins your options, you take damage after, and it's a horrible topdeck when there's no fusion materials.

meh...

enflamedsteelix

Enflamed to the end
What would happen if you used DNA surgery? Turning all creatures into machines then power bonded the dragon master knight or BEUD? Or something like that?

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
enflamedsteelix said:
What would happen if you used DNA surgery? Turning all creatures into machines then power bonded the dragon master knight or BEUD? Or something like that?

It has to be a Machine subtype on the card, no exceptions.

In response to Xyron's question, you don't take the damage if you beat your opponent that turn. The reason for that is Power Bond's effect happens during the End Phase of the turn you summon the monster, but if you beat your opponent that turn, you won't have an End Phase- so you wouldn't take the damage.

The Requiem

Wanna?Slash
Power bond isnt that situational if you BUILD THE DECK AROUND IT...why else would you use it..

Personally, I think its WAY more fun to power bond Cyber Twin. the big'ol double attacker would NOT be something to lol at and that 2800 is less steep a loss that 4 grand.

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
So this type of discussion is allowed?Yes!I will continue such card discussions!
Power Bond has to be in the hands of experienced duelists to be used...

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
XyronTheFalcon said:
So this type of discussion is allowed?Yes!I will continue such card discussions!
Power Bond has to be in the hands of experienced duelists to be used...

No, just somebody playing a Machine deck. The LP hit won't necessarily kill you, even if you wind up having to eat it, so long as you play Power Bond at the right time.

Last edited:

Tamer Zack

SPP forgotten member
XyronTheFalcon said:

Just next time title the thread December 08th 2005 - Power Bond so I can add it to the index easier.

Orochi Breakwing said:
Personally, I think its WAY more fun to power bond Cyber Twin. the big'ol double attacker would NOT be something to lol at and that 2800 is less steep a loss that 4 grand.

Yep Yub also if the 1st attack fails you can also add Limiter Removal for the 2nd attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.