• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

YGO COTD - 10/8/06: Goblin Attack Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Requiem

Wanna?Slash
[img200]http://webservice.empyregroup.net/yugioh_image.php?file=2147483535-2147483532-2147483529-2147483602-2147483546-2147483537-2147483599-2147483590-2147483595-2147483601-2147483541-2147483535-2147483544-110101116114101112[/img200]

Text
If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase. This card's battle position cannot be changed until the end of your next turn, except with a card effect

Ah...sunday. Marks the beginning of a new week and another set of COTD. I guess this week I'll cover cards of a sort that I call "slapdown beatdown". Monsters that dont require conditions to summon, but can take a nice big chunk out of your opponents life points, at LEAST a quarter. Today's card is Goblin Attack Force, one of the first cards released in america with this ability. Its got 4 stars, and a whopping 2300 attack. WHOPPING. On top of that, its searchable via Reinforcements of the Army, being that its a warrior. Its often overlooked b/c of its position shift ability, but not only can this be worked around, it can be used to your advantage; unless your opponent is playing a trampling monster card.

Advanced Format: 3/5

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Easy to bring out, al that attack if given the chance to attack directly, melikes. Also, if you can't risk the effect, you can always "deffend with attack". But it'll usually get destroyed anyway, on the next turn.

3/5

The Requiem

Wanna?Slash
Skill Drain works 150% better with 3 of these guys, 3 Zombyra and a solid warrior build, rather than relying totally on SkillDrain.

Elite falls short of GAF b/c you cant search it. And its defense isnt gonna help it survive much, it might as well be zero, too.

FireKero!

SWABLR
Goblin Elite was only made to add more strength to Fiends and to become a new beatdown monster. Nothing more, really.

Personally, I give Goblin a 5/5. In Japanese metagames, this card is side-decked alot to combat Mobius and (what used to be) Breaker and (what now is) Airman abuse with their Threatning Roar's and CUrse of Anibus'. A whole deck could be made around this turn-slid monster.

Good card. Nice to see it reviewed.

Alakazam says Cena Sucks

..::WaveMotion::..
Goblin Elite was only made to add more strength to Fiends and to become a new beatdown monster. Nothing more, really.

Personally, I give Goblin a 5/5. In Japanese metagames, this card is side-decked alot to combat Mobius and (what used to be) Breaker and (what now is) Airman abuse with their Threatning Roar's and CUrse of Anibus'. A whole deck could be made around this turn-slid monster.

Good card. Nice to see it reviewed.

How does a 2300 combat the 2400 monarchs

FireKero!

SWABLR
How does a 2300 combat the 2400 monarchs

I'll set up an example:

I have a Defense Position GAF on my field, with a card face-down. My opponent sacs a Treeborn Frog for a Mobius, and hits my face-down trap, Curse of Anibus. Now, Mobius goes to Defense, and GAF goes to attack. Next turn, GAF attacks into the Monarch.

Zaborg hits my monster, I catch it off-gaurd with a Skill Drain and a Zero Gravity. Or Book of Moon, or Des Calibur Knight.

Granmarg hits something, I chain, I ruin.

Thestalos fails next turn anyway.

GAF is just a push-for-the-win card.

Alakazam says Cena Sucks

..::WaveMotion::..
I'll set up an example:

I have a Defense Position GAF on my field, with a card face-down. My opponent sacs a Treeborn Frog for a Mobius, and hits my face-down trap, Curse of Anibus. Now, Mobius goes to Defense, and GAF goes to attack. Next turn, GAF attacks into the Monarch.

Zaborg hits my monster, I catch it off-gaurd with a Skill Drain and a Zero Gravity. Or Book of Moon, or Des Calibur Knight.

Granmarg hits something, I chain, I ruin.

Thestalos fails next turn anyway.

GAF is just a push-for-the-win card.

Yea so where in that did you prove to me that an Elite Goblins could not do the job that a Goblins Attack could?

Goblin Attack Force falls in comparision to ELite Golbins almost every way you look at it

The Requiem

Wanna?Slash
Searchable > Not searchable

Warrior support > Fiend Support

Goblin Attack Force > Goblin Leet Force.

Trading searchiblilty and oodles of good support for 1500 defense is fail. In ABSOLUTELY every way you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.