1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

YGO COTD 16/4/07: Magical Stone Excavation

Discussion in 'Alternate TCG Discussion' started by Raiburuto, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Raiburuto

Raiburuto ~Grammar Nazi

Magical Stone Excavation
    Normal Spell Card
    Description: Discard 2 cards. Add 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand.

With Magician of Faith now banned from the Advanced format we all probably thought our Spells are now 1 use and you'll never see them again, but when Champion Pack 2 came with this card it have us hope.

I think its good for dumping cards in the Graveyard and you get a Spell from the Graveyard, the only bad thing is if you discard good cards to use it.

4/5 :D (Cool Art work as well!!)

2. Dreamcoat

Dreamcoat Well-Known Member

Meh, I could see it working with DW decks or cards like Skull-Mark Ladybug.

3. Yami Ron

Yami Ron Elite Member

That isn't really a good card in replacement of Magician of Faith. It is only good if you needed the Spell Card right away.

Cards like A Feather of the Phoenix, The Transmigration Prophecy, and Pharaoh's Treasure are better substitutes in my opinion.

4. Raiburuto

Raiburuto ~Grammar Nazi

So true, I have Pharaoh's Treasure in my deck ;D and my brother has A Feather of the Phoenix.

5. It's alright. So true, Feather is better, since you toss a card away to be able to pretty much decide your next draw.

6. Midnite

Midnite *Out of Titles*

Added to Index
    Not that great of a card...outside of DDT abuse...although it's better than Spell Reproduction.
    Trad: 1.5/5 (Faith's still here)
    Adv: 3.5 (Not bad)
    Art: 3.5/5 (Shiny stones, lol)

7. Mikau

Mikau Better then you

Eh, I still like MoF better. Even if she is banned.

8. ChaosAngel

ChaosAngel MINE!! :D

It's ok card.
    Works well in Diamond Dude Turbo decks.

3/5

9. FireKero!

FireKero! SWABLR

Only works well in Seven Samurai decks and DDT. In Seven Samurai, you'll be discarding your monsters, only to be getting them back through The Warrior Returning Alive or Grandmaster of the Six Samurai. In DDT, you'll hardly ever have to play this card from your hand, seeing how you'll be getting it for free through Diamodn Dude's effect.

Dark World decks laugh at this card.

Outside of Seven Samurai or DDT-2/5
    In SS-2.5/5
    in DDT-5/5