• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

YGO COTD 16/4/07: Magical Stone Excavation

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
Magical Stone Excavation
Normal Spell Card
Description: Discard 2 cards. Add 1 Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand.

With Magician of Faith now banned from the Advanced format we all probably thought our Spells are now 1 use and you'll never see them again, but when Champion Pack 2 came with this card it have us hope.

I think its good for dumping cards in the Graveyard and you get a Spell from the Graveyard, the only bad thing is if you discard good cards to use it.

4/5 :D (Cool Art work as well!!)

Dreamcoat

Meh, I could see it working with DW decks or cards like Skull-Mark Ladybug.

Yami Ron

Elite Member
That isn't really a good card in replacement of Magician of Faith. It is only good if you needed the Spell Card right away.

Cards like A Feather of the Phoenix, The Transmigration Prophecy, and Pharaoh's Treasure are better substitutes in my opinion.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
That isn't really a good card in replacement of Magician of Faith. It is only good if you needed the Spell Card right away.

Cards like A Feather of the Phoenix, The Transmigration Prophecy, and Pharaoh's Treasure are better substitutes in my opinion.

So true, I have Pharaoh's Treasure in my deck ;D and my brother has A Feather of the Phoenix.

It's alright. So true, Feather is better, since you toss a card away to be able to pretty much decide your next draw.

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
Added to Index
Not that great of a card...outside of DDT abuse...although it's better than Spell Reproduction.
Trad: 1.5/5 (Faith's still here)
Adv: 3.5 (Not bad)
Art: 3.5/5 (Shiny stones, lol)

FireKero!

SWABLR
Only works well in Seven Samurai decks and DDT. In Seven Samurai, you'll be discarding your monsters, only to be getting them back through The Warrior Returning Alive or Grandmaster of the Six Samurai. In DDT, you'll hardly ever have to play this card from your hand, seeing how you'll be getting it for free through Diamodn Dude's effect.

Dark World decks laugh at this card.

Outside of Seven Samurai or DDT-2/5
In SS-2.5/5
in DDT-5/5