• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

YGO COTD - 9/13/2006: Cyber Pheonix

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Requiem

Wanna?Slash
[img200]http://webservice.empyregroup.net/yugioh_image.php?file=2147483546-2147483536-2147483541-2147483602-2147483546-2147483537-2147483599-2147483599-2147483590-2147483601-2147483541-2147483535-2147483544-110101116114101112[/img200]

Cyber Phoenix
Attrib: Fire
Type: Machine/Effect
Level:4
Atk: 1200
Def: 1600
While this card is in face-up Attack Position on your side of the field, negate the effects of any Spell or Trap Card that targets 1 Machine-Type monster on your side of the field. When this face-up card on the field attacks or is attacked, and it is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can draw 1 card from your Deck.

====================================================================================================

What better way to bring back COTD, than to have a look at a monster that chances are, you are going to see a LOT of this format. Machine Decks are happy to see this guy right here, he's got a lot of utility. His first effect makes both himself and his pals immune to the commonly-run Sakuretsu Armor, meaning if Pheonix is out 9 times out of 10 you arent gonna be afraid to attack. No Sakuretsu, no Book of Moon, nothing of that nature is going to bug you. Notice however, that you are still not safe from Smashing Ground, Widespread Ruin, or other 1 for 1 cards that dont designate a target. Pheonix's second ability gives it a bit of utility, in the fact that if your opponent wallops it, it gives you a going away present. Also, because of the second effect, Pheonix combos well with cards like Creature Swap and Mystic Box.

Overall, this is a great machine card, one of the many that make machines a strong deck to watch out for this format.

Advanced Format: 3/5

Last edited:

Raito

HADOUKEN!
3.5/5

Of course it's good. No denying that. But with so many cards that don't designate a target running around this format, is it all it's cracked up to be? But I love the new machine support this guy gave. When I get the machines I need, this guy is going in that deck.

Mikau

Better then you
Sounds like a good card. I might have to get one for the Machine deck I'm making. No it's not Roids.(though they are good)

TTar-X

<-Don't wake him up!
Yeah I've always had love for this card since it came out, and I remember in the EOJ sneak peak, I went out of my way to get that card and finally got one. Not only is it cool looking, it is a very useful card in machine decks. It has ok attack and a solid defense to add to its arsenal as well. But its 1200 attack makes it easily more searchable through cards like Sangan, Last Will, and UFO Turtle. It's too bad CyNix's 1st ability only limits it to spells, and trap cards, so monster cards like Exiled and Zaborg still get the best of it. Overall I give this card is 4-4.5/5.

AznTwilight

Wanderer in Twilight
Nice. It doesn't shine in stats but its effect is useful. Great in a machine type deck. Even if it dies, you can draw a card which is not bad.

Dimensaur

Leeroooy Jennkinnns!
Meet the "Spirit Reaper" of this format. If you go to a high level event and expect not to see at least one of these, you are crazy. It locks you down, and when you finally kill it you gain nothing. Easily searchable and worth 3 spaces in any machine deck.

5/5 in machines
3/5 anywhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.