• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

YGO COTD - 9/14/2006: Banisher of the Radiance

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Requiem

Wanna?Slash
[img200]http://webservice.empyregroup.net/yugioh_image.php?file=2147483546-2147483536-2147483541-2147483602-2147483546-2147483537-2147483599-2147483597-2147483597-2147483601-2147483541-2147483535-2147483544-110101116114101112[/img200]

Banisher of the Radiance
Attrib: Light
Type: Fairy/Effect
Level:3
Atk: 1600
Def: 0
While this card is face-up on the field, any card sent to the Graveyard is removed from play instead.

====================================================================================================

Today's COTD is a card that isnt quite so OBVIOUSLY good. It's right at home in a Cosmos / Dimensional Fissure deck, maybe has a good time removing things in a Fairy build (counter traps ftw!). If you play competitively, when you run into this little bugger, chances are its either teched or sided. Its effect is prime for trucking tutors and taking them out of the game so they cant use their abilities. You have to watch how you play it though, there are return variants abound and its removal effect could end up AIDING your opponent in a few short turns. Still, with that stigma attached, Banisher is a decent card to consider running should you have a copy.

Advanced Format: 3/10.

Mikau

Better then you
I would much rather use Banisher Of The Light. It has less attack but has 2000 defense. In my opinion this card sucks compared to BOTL.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Just meh, imo. I don't like it much at all. It's a nice touch in Fairies, but not in real play. Just use 3 Macros, this isn't worth it, tbh.

1/10

TTar-X

<-Don't wake him up!
I have to disagree. This card clearly isn't getting the credit that it deserves. I've seen this card in action by good players and I can say confidently that this card can be nasty and cause you problems when it's on the field. 1st of all, it is a 3 star monster with 1600 attack. Already I say that is pretty decent. Secondly, if you play it right, you can easily drop it on a sangan, treeborn, or those annoying searchers, or summon it in attack position and then smash your opponent's Phoenix and the chicken easily gets blasted to the DD realm. Moreover, it can hit a facedown merchant and disturb your merchant's ability in filling up the graveyard with monsters, or even give your opponent an even harder time to discard the 2 cards after playing Graceful, like Froggie. I personally think it is a good card overall, and I think it is at the peak of its potential this format due to the increased playability of searches and graveyard oriented cards. I side deck it.
7.5/10

Dimensaur

Leeroooy Jennkinnns!
Meh. Outclassed by Macro Cosmos and Dimension Fissure in every way. I don't see this having quite the impact it did last format, but I can see people using it to stop Future Fusion and Recruiters.

2/5

Zora

perpetually tired
Considering Fairy Support cards, this guy is not bad. He is support after all. Have no M/T cards, use Heavy Storm when this guy is on the field, it is a permanent -1 against a permanent -(1-5, or 6 if field spells are included).

Status
Not open for further replies.