1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

YGO COTD - 9/28/2006: Sakuretsu Armor

Discussion in 'Alternate TCG Discussion' started by The Requiem, Sep 28, 2006.

1. The Requiem

The Requiem Wanna?Slash

[img200]http://webservice.empyregroup.net/yugioh_image.php?file=2147483547-2147483533-2147483598-2147483602-2147483546-2147483537-2147483597-2147483593-2147483595-2147483601-2147483541-2147483535-2147483544-110101116114101112[/img200]

Text:
    You can only activate this card when your opponent declares an attack. Destroy the attacking monster.

Today's COTD is quite possibly the most popular 1 for 1 trap in todays metagame. When it was first released, we still had cards like Raigeki running abroad, so we didnt really NEED to use this card, but once the first restricted list came out, this card slowly started to gain popularity. Before long the popularity basically snowballed to the point where it is now; at LEAST one copy is played in almost EVERY deck. Although it doesent GUARANTEE you protection (Cards like Mobius and V-Lord do NOT fear the armor) it can get you out of a tight spot.

Advanced Format 4/5

2. One word

Awesome!

4.5/5
    I ususally use Bottomless Trap Hole to get rid of Vampire Lord

3. FireKero!

FireKero! SWABLR

Let me do a COTD yo. I'm like, mega awesome!

Sakray Armour is gonna see even more play once Gadgets hit US shores. 1-for-1 Removal FTW!

4. Alakazam says Cena Sucks

Alakazam says Cena Sucks ..::WaveMotion::..

3/5

its none chainability is the only negative... it was very good aggro format imo

5. FireKero!

FireKero! SWABLR

^We're currently in an aggro format, Jeezy. Sakuretsu Armour may be slow, but it's as powerful this format as it was two formats ago.

6. Alakazam says Cena Sucks

that format Stein wasnt as huge... it is big now... and Saku vs. a Stein deck rarely works

7. The Requiem

The Requiem Wanna?Slash

Yeah I'm seeing a slight decline in its use, before people realized how bad Stein rocks souls I was seeing Sak in threes, but now people are playing one and other traps.

I think the element of suprise is a big thing. Wouldnt it be awesome to see a competitive deck running traps like Shift?

8. Dimensaur

Dimensaur Leeroooy Jennkinnns!

Good card. As earlier raters have said though non-chainable hinders it a bit. Plus it doesn't stop stuff like Phoenix. I run this in twos with Bottomless trap hole.

4/5

9. FireKero!

FireKero! SWABLR

Yo man, Shift would be a gangsta card to put in a deck.

*thinks up idea*

10. Shadow the Hedgehog

Shadow the Hedgehog DON'T F$#@ WITH ME!

I hate having this as my facedown against a V-Lord. Still pretty much staple. In three's. 3.5/5

11. Alakazam says Cena Sucks

Its 2... Top 8 at boston one person had 3... like four had two... two people had one and one person had 0

12. Shadow the Hedgehog

Shadow the Hedgehog DON'T F$#@ WITH ME!

Granted. But I and a lot of other people lack Mirror Forces. T_T

13. Raito

Raito HADOUKEN!

4/5 Excellent Card, you can find out on your own why I said.

We should go to a regional and play 3 Shifts