• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[YGO:COTD]Last Will

FireKero!

SWABLR
Today's COTD is Last Will! A card that was recently restricted for April first, and supports one of the near strongest combos in the game. The Rescue Cat+Last Will combo.

Basically, Last Will is sort of like Mystic Tomato, except you can get any monster with an ATK of 1500 or less.

Now, imagine this card in conjuction with The likes of Rescue Cat. Play Last Will, drop rescue cat, get two beast types, plus an additional monster through Last Will's effect. Mabye another monster like Rescue Cat ;p. Use Rescue Cat's effect once more, get two other beast types, Like Enraged Battle Oxe (trample) and Beserk Gorrila. If you can, try to clear your opponents back row so you can go for some great battle damage.

Here's the best case scenario for a Rescue Cat OTK, alongside Last Will:
1. Make sure the opponent has no S/Ts down (Giant Trunade; Heavy Storm)
2. Make sure the opponent has no monsters on the field (or only one weak DEF monster, like a Magician of Faith or Sangan.)
3. Play Rescue Cat to the field.
4. Activate Last Will.
5. Rescue Cat #1 goes to the Graveyard, letting you get 2 Milus Radiants.
6. Last Will triggers. Get another Rescue Cat.
7. Tribute that Rescue Cat for a third Milus Radiant and a strong Beast (most likely Des Wombat -- if they have that one weak defender, then pull Gyaku-Gire Panda instead.)

This card also helps with a zombie swarm-based deck. Drop Last Will and Gaint Rat. Send the rat into a monster with larger strength. Let it die, and search for two monsters with 1500 under to drop onto the field during the damage step. Let's say u dropped two Turtles. Let one turtle ram into the bigger monster again, and net a Vampire Lord. Then the other Turtle, for a Ryu Kokki. Etc, etc.

Last Will get's a 4.9/5. It's an amzing card that can splas in any deck, seeing how it only needs to be destroyed, not sent to the graveyard. I'd recommened it sided in any destruction-heacy deck.

Last edited:

Skrusti

FireKero! said:
Last Will get's a 4.9/5. It's an amzing card that can splas in any deck, seeing how it only needs to be destroyed, not sent to the graveyard. I'd recommened it sided in any destruction-heacy deck.

Uh...did you even *read* the card? >>;

You can only use this card's effect once, and only during this turn. When a monster on your side of the field is sent to your Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 monster with an ATK of 1500 points or less from your Deck. Then shuffle your Deck.

Check the bolded part ;)

Also...the things you described are *way* too situational. The odds of you getting the cards needed to pull off said combos are a bit of a longshot, even in a 40-card deck. No way does it rate a 4.9 out of 5. Maybe a 4, but not an almost 5 :/

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
Oh, and need we highlight that it only triggers ONCE? So no overspammification.

But even funnier is to purposely kill a monster just to pull Man-Eater Bug or some other good low-attack monster to do something. I'm not really good with this, but still, it has it's worth. You could turn the tables around. Wow.

A 4 would be pretty good, wouldn't it?

Phaedra

IS THAT PAM GRIER??
Skrutsi said:

Check the bolded part ;)

Also...the things you described are *way* too situational. The odds of you getting the cards needed to pull off said combos are a bit of a longshot, even in a 40-card deck. No way does it rate a 4.9 out of 5. Maybe a 4, but not an almost 5 :/

hi my name is errata maybe you should read me sometime

Last Will
Normal Spell

If a monster on your side of the field was sent to your Graveyard this turn, you can Special Summon 1 monster with an ATK of 1500 points or less from your Deck once during this turn. Then shuffle your Deck.

and meet my brother updated rulings

• You can activate "Last Will" before or after a monster is sent to the Graveyard, and still get the effect of "Last Will" to Special Summon a monster.

• You can choose the timing for when you Special Summon for the effect of "Last Will". You can Special Summon the monster at any time during your turn, except during damage calculation. You do not have to Special Summon the monster at the point the first monster was sent to the Graveyard. If you activated "Last Will" after a monster was sent to the Graveyard, you do not have to Special Summon the monster when "Last Will" resolves.

• If you wish, you may Special Summon the monster immediately after "Last Will" resolves (if activated after a monster was destroyed), or when the first monster is sent to the Graveyard (if "Last Will" was activated before the monster was destroyed). But you don't have to, you can do it later.

• For example, if your monster is destroyed by battle, and you activate "Last Will" during Main Phase 2, you can Special Summon a monster at that time. Or you can wait and Special Summon during the End Phase.

So.

Last edited:

FireKero!

SWABLR
Skrutsi said:

Check the bolded part ;)

Listen buddy, if you use your common sense, you'll realise that at the start of my review, I said a monster has to die, and I even gave a descriptive example. If I made a typo, then get over it.

It isn't *way* too situational as you've said. I gave it the best case scenario and other common screnarios. Besides, Rescue Cat is the most effective example to use with Last Will.

About the rating, I gave it what I did cause I felt like it. Other people can do COTD's as well. Seriously, someone else give it a shot. It seems as if some don't appreciate the minutes I put into my post *lol*

Dun worry dude. We kewl.

*oh, and just for the record, Last Will does extremly well in Zombie Calamity swarm. This deck top 8 in the majority of major tournies in Canada throughout 2005-6. This card really makes zombies tier one.

**What the man above me said [who posted one minute before me]

Last edited: