• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

YGO Emergency Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously just had to post this one.

http://shriektcg.twoday.net/stories/4914647/

As of the 9th of May, changes to the Forbidden/Limited List

Dimensional Fusion is now Forbidden
Return from the Different Dimension is now Limited
Allure of Darkness is now Semi-Limited

Wow, this format is now gonna take a severe turn. Valley decks are out, dark return decks got weaker. Now I have to see what happens at the next SJC.

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX
Same thing happened with Cyber-Stein I think.

BTW, Allure of Darkness is not in the OCG.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
About time!

DAD must be stopped! And it has :)

RftDD being Limited though, ruins my idea for a Rock deck...

Yami Ron

Elite Member
Awful, awful. They should have limited Dark Armed Dragon, D.D.R., Escape from the Different Dimension, Dimensional Fissure, and Macro Cosmos. And semi-limited Banisher.

DarkW

Full of Win
Nah, I think UDE have made good decisions here. While they may not have limited D.A.D, they've limited a lot of cards that generally feature in the deck.

I may sound mad, but I do feel sorry for all those people who played D.A.D return, now they have to adapt and re test their decks, with YuGi nats only 2weeks away!

Really feel sorry for any Belgians with D.A.D decks, they have 2 days to change and test their decks for their nationals this saturday!

But then again, this ban will show the big difference between Pros and Rich Boy players.

Midnite

*Out of Titles*
*clap, clap* UDE does listen and take precautions, for once, a TCG exclusive in the ban list!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Awful, awful. They should have limited Dark Armed Dragon

I agree with this, they should work with the main "problem", not the things that supports it....

But I guess it's all about the money, they might have reduced income if they limit wanted card like DAD.........

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Awful, awful. They should have limited Dark Armed Dragon, D.D.R., Escape from the Different Dimension, Dimensional Fissure, and Macro Cosmos. And semi-limited Banisher.

Why the random Macro hate?

I agree that DAD should have taken a hit, but D.D.R. take some good decision making to use. Dark Armed Return keeps it's Life Points a lot better than it keeps cards it wants to discard.

Did that sound sarcastic?

Mikau

Better then you
I saw this earlier, I really have nothing to say about it. This list doesn't effect either of my decks what-so-ever. But I am very satisfied that everyone at my locals will need to change thier deck up. lol, I love it.

Raiburuto

~Grammar Nazi
These are good changes, to stop a good deck, you limit/ban the kill card e.g. Dark Armed Return's kill card is Dimension Fusion and RftDD.

cheekie3

Banana
Good bans are good.

The main issue isn't DAD it was the the OTK aspect which the main threat has been dealt with.
This list means that DAD is slowed down but not killed meaning other deck types have a better chance of actually getting a second turn, and means no angry people who have spent £/$100's on getting DAD etc.

DAD is still very good, and the OTK can still be done with the use of DDR etc, however this is harder, slower and much easier to counter.

It will be interesting to see how lightworns fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.